New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  4:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Ether....you are wonderful! You had me in stitches....
Your translator is a computer....not unlike our head when it stands on one leg thinking it is it
What you refer to (the tonic) is "Tonika" in Norwegian. It is - like you said - the "home chord". However; "styrkemiddel" in Norwegian is simply a tonic....something you drink for extra strength. LOL

The irony of it all is of course that the sound I hear turned out to be the only true strength remedy: Strength itself.

I hereby transfer all my love through the ether to you!!!

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2006 :  7:47:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ha ha that's hilarious- and a little embarassing. Good thing you write english! I'm one of those dumb westerners who is only fluent in one language.
So which meaning is the main sound you hear? tonika or fundamental?

But what I am really getting at is I wonder if you might be hearing the AUM sound? It is the sound from God from which all creation comes ("In the beginning was the word"). My SRF lessons tell me each chakra has a sound and it is good to hear and follow any one of them, but if you hear the AUM sound you don't need to hear anything else, as it is the source.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 26 2006 9:22:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  05:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether

quote:
I'm one of those dumb westerners who is only fluent in one language.

Good! There is - in reality - only one language anyway. Go ahead with your fluency!

quote:
So which meaning is the main sound you hear? tonika or fundamental?

Fundamental. The tone I hear is an F. (Or rather.....it is not a plain F.....it is a full sound. It is coming, coming, coming...I can't explain it in words....)

quote:
But what I am really getting at is I wonder if you might be hearing the AUM sound? It is the sound from God from which all creation comes ("In the beginning was the word").

Ether....I don't know. But let me tell you something awsome:
I didn't see your reply above (which you posted on the 26th) until today (march 1th). That is strange, considering I have checked for new posts every day since I got back from the mountains.
Well - yesterday something happened. The sound became completely audible (like the episodes I told you about in the mornings in bed - the lovefeeling in my chest). It now matters not whether there are other sounds (ordinary sounds)in the room. The vibrating F permeats through them. Thinking back, I am sure this started with an ecstatic experience I had up in the mountains this week.
This morning, something else happened. I woke up to the sound. It was completely clear that it originates in my heart chakra. The source of it finds a portal there. I feel it radiating from a glow in my spine. It extends outwards, backwards, downwards and upwards (or : front, back, top, bottom).
Another thing: If I sing it (on an m); when I stop the singing - the room reverbates with the sound. It is.....oh, I can't explain...
I tried to meditate with a mantra this morning. It was impossible - completely out of place....it felt meaningless and superficial. The sound wants me to hear it. So I relaxed...and let myself be embraced by it. This immediately results in ecstacy. I have a question for Yogani here:
There is no limit now to how high I can go with this sound. But I am a little hesitant....if I let go all the way; will I harm myself? Am I ready for this, or should I still only do 10 min meditation and 5 min pranayama (I love pranayama). And should I "hold back" while meditating?
Also: Since the sound is there all the time: how to self-pace?
The way I perceive it, this sound affects three centers primarily: The heart, the third eye and the navel (and also chakra no 2). I have a feeling that if I can manage to rest in the heart while I listen to it, no harm will be done. The reason I feel this is that since the sound became audible, the pressure in my head has changed. I now have an...edge....no, a barrier right where the spinal flow forks into two. This...juncture...now takes all the pressure. It is as if it vacuums to itself all of the energy. It is not at all painful. Just....hard. At the same time my whole spine is glowing...everything is ok there.

quote:
My SRF lessons tell me each chakra has a sound

What is SRF lessons? If each chakra has a sound, what is the F equivalent to?

quote:
if you hear the AUM sound you don't need to hear anything else, as it is the source.

I don't know if it is the AUM sound (then again, I am an illitarate on this); but maybe this is why I had trouble with the mantra (I am)?

Another thing: Last year I recorded I peice by Knut Nystedt (Norwegian choir composer). The CD was released this spring (Immortal Nystedt (2L)) The peice was: "In the beginning was the word"

Ether! I think it is great (grace) that I didn't read your post until after this happened. This way I was completely unbiased.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  08:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for being understanding about language. I do understand spanish also but don't speak it very well, but Norwegian is only in my DNA!

I think you may be having trouble with the mantra because creating words is a lower form than listening to creation sounds. I think we are all trying to get to where you are with the mantra. So I wouldn't worry about that. I have heard we get to a point with the mantra where the mantra is saying us rather than the other way around. So you may be there.

The SRF lessons are writings by Yogananda. I would have to look up that lesson as I don't remember which one it is. But the chakras aren't different tones. One lower chakra sounds like a bee buzzing, one higher one sounds like bells ringing, and there are other sounds. But what Yogananda's lesson said was to listen to the sound without analyzing, and follow it. If you hear the lower chakras it's OK because they all lead to the AUM sound.

I don't have time now, but you should be able to google "chakras and sound"
on the net. Maybe tonight I can do it. Once you hear the AUM sound, you don't need anything else, as it connects to God.

I hope Yogani will see your post and answer about practices, but I would guess you should do spinal breathing. People who have had trouble with kundalini energy usually have too much going UP and not coming back DOWN,
so spinal breathing helps balance that.
It sounds wonderful what is happening to you!!
Are you a recording engineer? I studied that a couple years, and have a
friend here with a recording studio.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 01 2006 08:26:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  11:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, i love you:) this is my first post. i had to reply because i beleive from what you say that you are most certainly merging with the Om; the flow of Prana from whence all creation springs. yes! let its irresistable embrace wrap you in Bliss! i practice Kriya Yoga thru the hOMe foundation. check it out for info on Om. how wonderful for you!
i'm 44 too... 2/3/62 alan
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome alan
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Alan Keep posting

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  2:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether wrote:
quote:
Are you a recording engineer? I studied that a couple years, and have a
friend here with a recording studio.

Nope. I sing. And play flute. This was a choir recording in surround. When I sang it (1 1/2 year ago) I had a broken ankle (skiing) and was in a plaster for 9 weeks. Boy - did I learn to sit down and do nothing The recording was.....a strong experience (done in a church in Oslo)

Alan!
Welcome.
Wilkommen.
Bienvenue.
Velkommen.
Yes. I will let myself embrace [:I just want to hear what Yogani says first. In the mean time I am embraced by you. Thank you.And I will check out the )]hOMe page (I like that....HOME).
Kriya yoga......I don't know what it is. I'll have to surf the net.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  3:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have just red the following on OM (or AUM):

http://www.mandalayoga.net/index.ph...&p=mantra_om

I don't know what to say...
I am stunned.
Alan. Ether. I think you must be right. I reckognized SO many aspects from what I read.

Well.
I think I need to explain myself a little here. Yes - what is happening to me IS wonderful. I bathe in it. But you see, it is so wonderful that it completely shuts me up . I am SO CALM. It is a very...special mix: Ecstacy.....yet calmness. I don't know what to say. It shuts me up.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  4:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Melissa wrote:

"You've really never heard of Kriya?"

I know SO little about Yoga...it is embarrasing. I know there are different directions in Yoga.....but not what they are. The few assanas I did when I was 18 was from a book. You'll have to excuse me.....I will catch up through the internet.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  11:19:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Katrine wrote: I tried to meditate with a mantra this morning. It was impossible - completely out of place....it felt meaningless and superficial. The sound wants me to hear it. So I relaxed...and let myself be embraced by it. This immediately results in ecstacy. I have a question for Yogani here: There is no limit now to how high I can go with this sound. But I am a little hesitant....if I let go all the way; will I harm myself? Am I ready for this, or should I still only do 10 min meditation and 5 min pranayama (I love pranayama). And should I "hold back" while meditating? Also: Since the sound is there all the time: how to self-pace?

Hi Katrine and all.

See my comments today on nada (inner sound) versus mantra meditation here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=860

Let me add that if the sound/energy is taking us up and out the crown, we will be wise to do some grounding instead, as discussed in lesson 69. If we go high without a gradual buildup and balancing of the energy over time, there can be the classic kundalini overdose syndrome. It is rare to have all of a sudden up and out one time and "they all lived happily ever afer." It is more like up and out and crash, and up and out and crash. If the crown is seriously involved, the recovery from this rollercoaster cycle can take a long time. That is not what we are looking for in AYP. More of a smooth and steady development is preferred. Then going up and out will come on gradually via root to brow practices and be light and easy, and so will the aftermath. In fact, eventually we will not know the difference between being up and out the crown and being down here. It will all become the same whole body illumination and divine flow. Then the intensity will be far greater than the crashing version, but we will not notice the intensity, because the energy will be streaming through us with very little friction. Others will notice more than we do. Achieving smooth and stable purification of the vehicle, the human nervous system, is the key in all of this. If we can do that, then there is no limit to how far we can go. We just have to build up to it gradually.

Keep in mind that "automatic yoga" does not put our safety first. It is up to us to do that. We always have the option to ground our excessive energy flows, when necessary. There are many ways to do this. It is good to become familiar with the means, just like it is good to know where the brake pedal is in our car.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  02:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani
Thank you!

This immediately rings true. My hesitancy must come from deep down knowing that I shouldn't start flying before my wings are fully developped.This is my inner guru trying to guide me in the right direction. Which is down; not up.

Yes....I understand about "not beeing stuck on experiences". I will keep this in my vision all the time from now on.

Thank you, again. I feel weightlifted - and at the same time lovingly advised and grounded in my "playpin" for a while

Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  09:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

While we are talking about inner sounds, I thought I was also going to share that since about 8-9 months there is a constant high-pitched tone in my head, maybe at about 5000 Hz or so. I'm mot aware of it most of the time when in activity, but if I listen it's always there and sometimes I can even hear it while driving. I haven't felt attracted to it or thought it has any specific significance, but rather as a bi-product or effect of meditation. The way you describe your sound Katrine, yours might be of a different type since you feel attracted to it. It would be interesting to hear if many have these inner sounds as well, if it's a common phenomenon associated with meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I tried to meditate with a mantra this morning. It was impossible - completely out of place....it felt meaningless and superficial.

Hi Katrine,

I had this feeling off and on when I started using a mantra during meditation for the first time when I started with AYP. What really helped here was Yogani's instructions to not in-tone the mantra in a loud kind of way on the surface of the mind but to pick it up effortlessly on the subtlest levels of the mind closest to inner silence. I find this way it pulls you in to deeper levels.

Maybe this will help it feel less "out of place and superficial" for you? Also you might want to try doing one of the longer mantra enhancements found further along in the main AYP lessons.

All the best,

Anthem
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  12:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Anthem
I meditated this evening, and the I AM felt ok again. I don't know....I think part of the problem is that I have used a longer mantra for more than 10 years. I shifted between that and looking at my Dan Tien. (Not at the same time; just different meditations)I will have to be better aquainted with I AM. Therefore - I will follow your advise to pick it up in a subtle way. I will report back on how things are working out.
From what I have read in Yoganis lessons, I think the worst I could do right now would be to meditate with the mantra OM.(I have never tried it). That would probably send me, rocket speed, away and afar. Don't want that - not much permanent Yoga in that outcome (from what I have heard)

Once again I would like to emphasize the importance of Pranayama. I feel how it very explicitly guides the energy where it is most needed: root to eye. eye to root. The afterglow in my spine from 5 min of pranayama is amazing. Without it, I think I would have crashed through the ceiling days ago.

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  8:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,

Of course only you will know what is best for you. I agree 5 minutes of pranayama is great and it is also the fastest way to balance out too! Just because it was mentioned though, the first mantra enhancement in AYP doesn't have Om in it. It is "Shree Shree I am I am" and it can be found described in this lesson by Yogani:

http://www.aypsite.com/116.html

By the way, what is "Dan Tiem"?

A

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  02:32:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good morning Anthem
(You are probably sleeping)
Just calling to thank you for your great advise:

quote:
What really helped here was Yogani's instructions to not in-tone the mantra in a loud kind of way on the surface of the mind but to pick it up effortlessly on the subtlest levels of the mind closest to inner silence. I find this way it pulls you in to deeper levels.

I followed this advise this morning. I changed my routine a little too:
Since I am away from home right now, and don't have my dog with me, I did the following:
10 min of qi-gong, 5 min of pranayama and 10 minutes of I AM meditation.
When I was finished with Pranayama, the mantra surfaced of itself (I kid you not). It is not located in my mind at all! It is deep down somewhere in the region of my heart. I is a faint (but oh so penetrating)whisper. The contrast to yesterdays experience (when it felt fake) was enormous. The way I see it; today was the first time I used it correctly: All I have to do when the thoughts come, is simply go into listening mode (NOT activity; NOT doing something with the mantra). The effect was amazing. I sunk into a bottomless cushion; a softness way down there. Yet I was very.....present.
The OM sound didn't disappear, but it wasn't important. Not an issue. I wonder; does I AM live in my heart? Is the heart where I should sink? It feels very right...
Thank you again, Anthem

Oh yes..Dan Tien is located about three fingers below the navel (and about two fingers inwards). It is the major energy intake...vortex. I feel it as my energetic navel chord.

Edited by - Katrine on Mar 03 2006 07:02:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  11:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
follow your Heart :)
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  1:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine,
The Om sound you are hearing which can vary from a whining, ringing etc is a sign of the heart chakra opening so no doubt this is why you hear it and find association to your heart.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2006 :  02:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This morning the mantra (IAM) fell down to my navel. This is it! I don't have to question the feeling of landing there. The heart is a portal....the navel is home. No drama. Just peace.

The ecstacy is still there, but when I don't focus on it, it becomes like the sound: Not important. This answers many questions for me. This solves my issue on how to self pace.

Thank you all for wonderful contributions.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2006 :  10:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine:

The mantra knows where to be and how to be according to the course of our inner purification, which is automatic, riding on the wings of inner silence.

The mantra may seem to be somewhere, or nowhere. It matters not. It is the process of easily picking it up and letting it refine that takes us forward in silence. If we notice locations it is okay, but we do not determine them for the mantra. In other practices -- spinal breathing in particular -- we locate with attention. But gently, not to overdo in that. Even spinal breathing has its own inner scheme -- our glorious divine flight through inner space -- opening, balancing, transforming!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2006 :  10:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Yogani

Point taken!

If I have any more reports on this meditation I will put it in the "Meditation with the i am mantra"- topic (Deep meditation and Samyama)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000