Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Symbols
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  2:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For the past two years I used to get a red spot on my skin right where the third eye is. About six months ago this went away. Instead I noticed in the mirror one day that I had an inverted triangle between my eyes....The color is a blue/violet/red hue (just a faint hue...nothing strong), but what amazes me most about it is the ....sharpness of the edges. It is as if I have a real imprint on my skin. I have no idea how it got there... The color comes and goes, but the triangle form is always visible (I have to lean real close to the mirror to see it when there is no color).

Can someone tell me what it is? Do you have it too?

May all your Nows be Here

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  4:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine:

Looks like a vivid radiation from the ajna (third eye), which is the area extending from the point between the eyebrows back to the center of the brain and down the medulla oblongata (brain stem). While traditional depictions of the ajna do not include the yoni symbol (inverted triangle), no one disagrees on OM being the sound. The Sri Yantra is the geometric manifestation of OM and it is based on the inverted triangle -- made out of them, as a matter of fact. Well, it is a bit more involved than that. See here for more, including links to some diagrams of the Sri Yantra: http://www.aypsite.org/T25.html
It should be mentioned that this lesson was spruced up quite a bit in the AYP Easy Lessons book.

On your question elsewhere about what to do with OM, I have always found it better to go back to mantra meditation than to become nada-bound. If mantra meditation is done correctly, it will never seem coarse without good reason -- some purification going on, which, along with spinal breathing and other means, leads to more and more nada (inner sound) and the full range of inner openings including all the senses, whole body, heart, mind ... the works...

I am not very familiar with nada yoga, so cannot go very far in describing its practice and effects. I do know that it is not a very good place to start, as few of us start out with nada, and fewer still have it all the time. If we do have it all the time (I do too) I suppose it can become the focus, but to me it still looks more like effect than cause, definitely an enjoyable thing to become absorbed in during spare moments. It's more like a self-indulgent hobby for me -- overwhelming ecstatic bliss. Ahhh...

This is not to say it cannot become in-the-trenches spiritual practice with a solid cause and effect dynamic. It just has not been the route I traveled all these years, so I cannot say. But, to the question, "Does AYP bring nada?" I can answer a resounding, "Yes!" In the AYP terminology, nada (OM) is associated with the rise of whole body ecstatic conductivity and radiance.

When OM comes, what each of us does with it is up to us ... hopefully not at the expense of our effective yoga practice. Nada folks might see that statement as blasphemy. Sorry. I just don't know if I could have gotten here with nada alone, with or without the help of spinal breathing. It does not offer what deep meditation does -- reliable twice-daily merging with inner silence.

To get back to the inverted triangle, it is the symbol of the feminine aspect of existence, the creative power, the word -- OM. So this discussion of inverted triangle and OM fits together, doesn't it?

We are like babies waking up to what we are. If we are a baby noticing our toes for the first time, does that mean we should meditate on our toes for the rest of our life? They are just our wonderful wiggly toes. I see OM as being like that. The wonderful ecstatic aspect of what we are, and of what everything is. So will we be infatuated with OM all the time like our baby toes? We can move beyond both. Inner silence is not so concerned about it. In time, stillness and ecstasy (OM) merge to become something much more. The outpouring of divine love into the world -- that is the big transformation for each of us, and for everyone. It is stillness and OM merged and in action.

Maybe just regard the inverted triangle as part of the OM experience, and carry on as you see fit ... if it grows to become a full blown Sri Yantra on your forehead, you will become a pilgrimage destination. It could be worse.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  4:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani
Yes. It is amazing how it all fits. I hear both what you say and what you don't say. I will carry on with Pranayama and meditation as usual.
And I won't get cought up in my big toe :-)

(Although I will indulge in a few ahhh's)

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000