Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Vibrations and self pacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  06:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been having vibrations running from my spine to my head for a long time (amplified after I started AYP). Tried self pacing a lot but they just refuse to die down.
The only option was stopping to meditate.So when I stop meditation they go away only to return back when I start meditating. I do yogasanas, nauli followed with AYP method of pranayam (spinal breathing, dynamic jalandhara,bhastrika) and 20 min meditation. Same routine twice a day.
The vibrations are very intense during meditation (each vibration lasts for anywhere between 2 - 5 secs). Sometimes I feel like I am thrown off the floor. My observation is that this is also caused by certain people, environment, words/sounds or certain talk. The vibrations are actually pleasurable.
Has anyone had such experience(s) and any tips on dealing with it?

The thing I hate about it is sitting in a meeting at work and having this vibration take over me (my whole body visibly shrudders).

Lately I have seen that I make this happen voluntarily by shifting my focus to the base of my spine and feeling the energy trickle up the spine and there is a mild energy discharge through my hands. The energy wave from the base of my spine terminates somewhere behind my forehead (ajna area). This voluntary energy buildup is very mild compared to the one I have involuntarily.

Heera

Edited by - gkrheera on Feb 22 2006 06:37:44 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  08:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
maybe you could try cutting out all other practices except for meditation.
I'm assuming you're doing ayam meditation, and see if that helps.
Or cut down the amount of time of meditation. Some people have had to cut meditation down to once a day, and only a few minutes for a while.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  09:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Heera,

Yes, Etherfish's advice is good. If you study AYP Lesson 69 http://www.aypsite.org/69.html the main recommendation is actually to keep at least some spinal breathing and meditation, but maybe reduce them to as little as 5 minutes of pranayama and 10 minutes of meditation, if needed. But this much reduction may not be necessary in your case, I would reduce some of the more advanced practices first. Yogani refers to spinal breathing as one of the best means there is to stabilize energy imbalances and kundalini surges.
Go to Top of Page

gkrheera

India
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit gkrheera's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your advice.
I have actually tried various combinations of cutting down time and dropping parts of practice with limited results. Usually it returns when I take up meditation again. The experience is a mild annoyance in the whole scheme of practices which I am hoping will go away soon.
I am planning to take up Tai chi which Yogani refers to as a very grounding exercise. Will post how it affects me.
Heera
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000