Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Menopause and kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  11:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

My wife has been going through pre-menopause or menopause for more than half-year now with among things, very powerful heat-sweating waves coming up suddenly. I've noticed some of menopause symptoms seem similar to kundalini symptoms but the spiritual aspect of menopause is hardly not really documented or studied as far as I know.

In parallel, she has been opening up quite lately to kundalini via our left hand tantric yoga practices and spiritual discussions.

Please share any information, suggestions & practices to ease the process between kundalini with menopause.

Thank you in advance, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Aug 06 2008 09:13:02 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  09:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Albert,
I am sure others will chime in. Till then see if this helps.
Heart Palpitations/Anxiety
Go to Top of Page

Yogajan

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  11:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogajan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Albert,
I've been going through menopause and kundalini for the past year. My heat problems were horrible last summer but I found that following an ayurvedic diet (I had vata (vata disorders are associated with the menopause process) that was pushing up the pitta (heat). I've also scaled way down in my practices paying attention to self-pacing (was doing a lot of yoga which tended to induce flashes unless gentle), taking long walks, and taking life in general a little slower. Really learning to follow my inner guidance. I consulted an ayurvedic practitioner that prescribed some herbs for me as well. Seems to be working as its been 100-105 degrees here lately and I'm not having the heat symptoms anymore. Hope this helps.
Best,
Jan
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  11:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti and Yogajan, Thank you for supporting my wife.

Hi All, I remember having read a few years ago on one of Margo Anand's book a specific kama sutra position to help energy when going through menopause but cannot find again this info in so many books and pages. Any clues on this ?

In Shakti, Albert

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  02:08:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What do you think of this article:
http://www.openexchange.org/archive...fortune.html

For some reason, this other one I don't feel wisdom:
http://www.menopause-metamorphosis.com

OK now from our own experience, my wife and myself have been noticing a regular pattern: each time she suddenly has a hot flash while we're sleeping, it wakes me up right away whatever the time during night. I happen to be very energy sensitive in general so I really think menopause has an underground kundalini-shakti manifestation !
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  06:38:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My wife for a few weeks now does not have anymore symptoms via two techniques so this might interest some of you.

1) 50% of humulus lupunus (houblon in french) + 50% salvia officinalis (sauge officinale in french) + mixed with glycerine having in mind that both plants needed to be live (not dried) then treated by alcohol to extract their respective essential oils

2) deep energy work via sexual yoga with specific focus on three secret gates of the mystery

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Oct 26 2008 11:38:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yogaluna

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogaluna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a yoga teacher and I am 48 years old. Started to get into menopause seven years ago, when my third son was born. I enjoy my hot flashes. And it is only this! I haven't had any other major bothers about menopause, actually, I think it's bringing me a lot of spiritual peace, I find it great. It is the result of yoga. The beautiful path.
Herbalist Susun Weed says that hot flashes are the menstrual energy of the absent blood flowing up! I think so too. Obviously, some women feel really bad and need to be relieved of discomfort. But I think that if, like me, the hot flashes don't bother you, leave them there. Bach Flower Remedies can help a lot too.
Can you please let me know which three gates are these?
All the best, thank you
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  01:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Things are now really stabilized for my wife, she does not need anymore 1)

I forgot to mention that we now practice regularly 3) the basic lovemaking position of chakra puja (per Dinu Roman tantric teachings): 3rd center (manipura chakra) which is woman on top, facing man, man recumbent. After all, navel chakra deals with fire element so clearing it via its associated chakra puja makes sense to resolve hot flashes

I guess step 2) helped raise more shakti-kundalini via clearing up root center (muladhara) so energy would amp up in order to fix navel chakra issue under stress of menopause cosmic law.

Bom dia Yogaluna,

Three secret gates of the mystery is special sexual yoga massaging at the same time clitoris, vagina & anus.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 06 2009 :  04:25:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally, it is not so simple as I posted initially because my wife still has hot flashes as of today but she is very relaxed with them whereas before she was suffering from them.

We've dropped any herbal remedy and only go deeper with left hand tantric practices which seems to work the best.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 17 2009 :  11:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm realizing lately Menopause has to do with fire (navel chakra) and water (sexual chakra) whereas I thought initially it was only about fire. What is best chakra (root or heart) to open & balance so navel & sexual chakra will flow ?
Go to Top of Page

Jana

13 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  1:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, if you grow nettle and borage in your garden and use them regularly as tea the menopausal symptoms will be soothed and spirituality elevated. DHEA will also reduce 'difficulty" and provide energy for creativity.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  05:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks Jana, my wife just bought at plant-medicine shop nettle & borage so will tell the results later.

P.S. In France, DHEA is almost officially rejected & prohibited because many issues
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

Many thanks Jana, my wife just bought at plant-medicine shop nettle & borage so will tell the results later.

P.S. In France, DHEA is almost officially rejected & prohibited because many issues

- it's probably wiser to give her an extract of Mexican yam (sweet potato) root (for example, Diosin 2 - but there are cheaper brands around, too). It's sort of a 'raw material' rich in DHEA but it's not the final pure extract.

Soy products, nettles, alfalfa sprouts and rosehips are other hints. Some US studies indicate significantly less menopause problems among vegetarian Asian Americans who permanently use tofu (tow-fu) etc. instead of animal sources of protein - yet another reason to eat Asian vegetarian.
Western 'school' medicine (estrogen) is effective but it replaces her natural hormone production, and that's quite a severe step in the body of a sensitive Tantrika. It also can have side effects, such as memory blackouts (or a slight risk for thrombosis) which in my limited experiece tended to appear right after she had been in a deep ecstasy :-( Seemed like estrogen medication sent the femal hormone system on a permanent 'vacation' and when the system tried to work anyway, things got messed up.

I also agree Margot Anand's books are a great source of inspiration for Tantra couples at any age (available in Swedish, too ;-) - sounds like you've already picked the right references ;-) Unfortunately, menopause is not indexed in the Swedish translation either.

Best of luck !
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  04:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hathateacher,

i'm confused, does DHEA whatever source (western medecine or natural) is dangerous for a woman going through menopause ?

About Margo Anand first 3 books I've read long ago (in french), for sure I remember she mentionned a specific kama sutra or sexual puja for menopause but there are so many pages to read plus i forgot in which book I read that :(

I wished someone having read the book could tell roughly where it is described.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  10:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi selfonlypath,
Wild yam root concentrate is a more "natural" medicine (less concentrated) than DHEA, but it does contain DHEA. The idea is similar to a food supplement: the body is likely to digest what it needs and let the rest just pass through.
Go to Top of Page

gratitude

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  12:23:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit gratitude's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a kundalini experience that in my opinion resulted in hormonal problems and menstrual problems. Prana and hormones are closely related. Any one have any input on this?
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2011 :  12:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been a while but just let you know the heat symptoms are still there for my wife but very much less eventhough she decided to never take any medecine (allopathic or alternative). We've been able to go deeper with left hand tantra, not sure if it really helps, does menopause is really natural kundalini trigger or facilitator... Just sharing in case this could help where it seems feasible to not take anything to deal with menopause.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2011 :  2:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gratitude

I had a kundalini experience that in my opinion resulted in hormonal problems and menstrual problems. Prana and hormones are closely related. Any one have any input on this?

From what I have read kundalini shifts and hormonal fluctuations can go hand in hand. One would hope that the shift would aid in hormonal and reproductive balancing but not always - it can cause an increase in estrogen and testosterone and other sex hormones. PMS is stored kundalini which builds during the luteal phase of the cycle which can amplify, trigger and intensify emotions and other sensations, and as women we all know what it is like to experience this first hand! Menstural symptoms and discomfort and other symptoms are associated with resistance to the movement of kundalini.

Interestingly I have recently read that kundalini cycles fluctuate each month in both men and women which makes a lot of sense, I assume this would also be the case with women even if they are not menstruating. The monthly kundalini cycle in males will track closely with testosterone and with females it follows the estrogen cycle. The natural solar and lunar cycles play a factor in kundalini flow and development as with the changing of the seasons because of their effect on melatonin secretion and the sex hormones.

At menopause it is even more important to direct energy upwards in the sushumna to help strengthen the nervous system which helps control menopausal symptoms. Consequently as kundalini travels up the spine it changes the functioning of the endocrine, cardiovascular, and nervous systems which all play a huge role in menstruation and menopause.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000