The message is the messenger
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  10:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

I felt this cool thing on the sore spot. It was spontaneous with no volition on my part, like tiny hands rubbing coolness onto the spot. It stayed with me most of the afternoon.

Hi,

that cool sensation is where your body is healing yourself

A while back A few people begged me to see what I can do for their son

He had a slipped disc and therapy was way too costly.........we ended up doing fund raising for him

yet they insisted I check him out......I told them I knew nothing and what can I possibly do

I asked him to close his eyes and my right hand went directly to the spot of the slipped disc

he went into a trance..........because he was not responding to my words

he felt that same sensation you described above.....

he also felt his body tilt backwards yet his physical body was still standing........

I felt cool something pouring out of my hand

he felt something pulled and went back into place

I closed off

after I left his experiences were amazing to whole family because it was beyond what anybody knows..........

this person was new to me...........it was my first slipped disc case

I have not received any feed back.............since then But I am 100% sure he may not need costly surgery again.

He is a child of God and started going to church.....so God definitely heard their prayers.........

Prayanam is the cure for most ailments......it has worked for me
and I'm sure it will work for others

Namaste

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  11:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, Neesha

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  6:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know Katrine is not interested, but in case anyone is following this who is, I want to clarify a couple things:

When I said "holding something" during your searches, I don't mean attachment or clinging to things.
What I mean is an image or thought in your head. You can't search without that image or you'd forget what you're searching for. Animals get that image from instinct, and humans create their own. Usually they have no control of it because it comes from the way they were brought up and their personality type. But the interesting thing is you can find confirmation of any concept or image. That's why their are so many types of people in the world.

We are always doing this searching for confirmation, and it seems effortless because we
do it without thinking. But we are making an effort, and it uses energy. You will know
this if you ever let go of the search because everything will cease to have any meaning.
It's a beautiful, baby state, but you can't communicate with other people, and it's easier for fear to take hold.
This happened to me once, and a retarded person I worked with looked into my eyes and said "You look like you forgot something!"

Beliefs are necessary to navigate in a world that has other people in it. You have beliefs about every object and emotion in your world. They consist of the attributes of that thing.
The more beliefs you have in common with another person, the better your "bond" with them will be.
So if you understand the nature of belief systems, you can bond with anyone.
Conversely, there are some people who choose a lot of beliefs outside what is normal, and they have a lot of trouble fitting in with society.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 16 2007 6:13:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2007 :  11:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been my experience that my belief about something creates a barrier between myself and the object of my belief. If I label what I see with a belief, it limits my experience of the object. I agree that common beliefs create a bond between people, but are these bonds derived from fear? Beliefs can also be walls to bonding with people. Letting go of our beliefs can lead to an opening between us and others. When I let go of my beliefs, the love can flow freely between myself and others.

At first something may seem meaningless when we drop our beliefs about it, but it creates an opening in us and the energy we had previously invested in the belief comes back to permeate the here and now. The meaning no longer needs to be out there as it starts to be in here. Fear may be there at first, but it can be investigated and passes to reveal inner peace.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  04:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether

quote:
I know Katrine is not interested, but in case anyone is following this who is, I want to clarify a couple things:

I am interested, Ether. I learn from every perspective. I am very grateful for your posts......sorry for not communicating that

quote:
When I said "holding something" during your searches, I don't mean attachment or clinging to things.
What I mean is an image or thought in your head

Yes.....but to me they are one and the same. Images and thoughts are subtle "things".

quote:
But the interesting thing is you can find confirmation of any concept or image

Yes. So....even the concept of "not holding anything" ....is still a concept. This is what I mean. This is why - to me - "letting go" seems the only option. To stop altogether (which you can see, i am not doing very well )

quote:
You will know
this if you ever let go of the search because everything will cease to have any meaning.

Yes - that is just it. When concepts disappear.....it becomes obvious that everything is a concept, including me (the mind). Not suprising that this is triggering fear.

quote:
Beliefs are necessary to navigate in a world that has other people in it

Assuming that you by "beliefs" mean concepts - then yes. We need concepts in order to communicate. And - as you say - the more in common (conceptswise) - the greater the feeling of "belonging".

What I mean .....is that to settle for this belonging..... has its limits. It makes me feel safe; but the cost of that safetyness.....is.....boarders. Less spontaneity.....less freedom....less wonder. And it locks the attention "out there".

I am most interested in the attention itself. In what it is in you....that registers all this.

Thanks again, Ether
Please don't stop

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  04:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem

quote:
At first something may seem meaningless when we drop our beliefs about it, but it creates an opening in us and the energy we had previously invested in the belief comes back to permeate the here and now.

Yes. There are levels ......deeper levels of bonding.....that need no concept at all in order to happen. This kind of bonding needs for me to be open. Vulnerable. To not self-protect. To not wander. To wonder instead. To watch in awe. The energy previously invested in the concept...is...like you say, Andrew...freed. It rejoins the here and now. And instantly we are permeated by it. It is here and now that permeats us (the concept/mind/thought/image....whatever thing there is) - not the other way around. Until the two becomes one. Totally alligned. Then what is permeated and what permeates are One. Then words flow spontaniously. Belonging to noone - yet touching all.

Then the message is the messenger.

Thanks, Andrew

(Sorry it took me so long to come back to the title of this topic)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  06:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then perhaps I was missing something when this state of letting go came to me. Too bad I didn't have AYP then. I did have a sense of wonder, but I felt like an alien from another planet. I wanted to be part of the real world again. Without it, there was no purpose and there was no "me", I had no reason to live. Fortunately there was no reason to die either. But I didn't care about anything, and I saw no beauty in it. oh, everything was somewhat beautiful, by having no "words" attached, but I didn't care, because it was alien. for me, I was suddenly living my life for no reason and wondering why. Actually I didn't spend that much time wondering why; I just felt something was missing, but couldn't even really formulate that thought.
At the time I had no faith in God and no meditation, bhakti, or pranayama. Maybe that would have helped.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  08:48:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ether - it sounds like you had a classic experience of momentary egolessness, which to the unaware or untrained can be disorienting and even terrifying. I know that you say your ego is relatively small to begin with, but even a sliver of an ego will leave a mark in its absence. If the same experience was to happen to you now, it might be accompanied by feelings of joy and oneness, rather than confusion and alienation. Like the person said to you, you looked like you forgot something. Well, maybe you did!
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  11:04:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted to share some wonderful insights that seem very applicable to this thread. They really helped my understanding and are from this wise woman I know...hmmm what was her name again...oh yes Katrine!

"You have hit a level (or...rather a stuckness) in your enquiry where you - the witness - are completely entangled with you - the person. When this happens, you completely identify with the mind/body/emotions. You loose the witnessing position......you loose true perspective. The reason this happens is usually because the letting go of this/these illusions/delusions threatens your whole identity. You are on the brink of discovering that you are not at all a body, Anthem11. It takes some purification to handle realization. If you are not a body - then all these fears and pleasures that we continually feel repulsed or drawn towards loose their meaning. The life - as you know it - is revealed as one big illusion. For a while - life is meaningless. Or rather - the meaning is not "out there". You are not what happens, Anthem11. You are to whom it happens. Home is not happening to mind. Mind happens to home. Home never changes. Mind is change itself.

Therefore - in this setting - simply stop doing any work whatsoever on whatever it is that is bothering you. You see - you - the botherer, is not separate from whatever bother (issue) it is you're dealing with. You and this issue are one and the same. If you have completely identified with this troublesome situation - then you, the mind, cannot fix it. Stop the fixing. Don't use YOUR awareness. It doesn't work that way. It is not yours. You ARE awareness itself. Awareness cannot be used for your benefit. See?
The root of the delusion is not separate from the delusion. They are one and the same: mind. You identify....you glue yourself to this sequence of happenings - hence you suffer. You find that things are not as they should be, and to solve it - you glue yourself further into the conflict. Don't. That's all.

Things are JUST as they should be. Always.

Then - register the resistance you feel when you are told this. Be aware of the ideas you have had of yourself that the issue is in clash with. You have harboured an idea of how things ought to be - reality turns up with something different. Be aware of the pain this clash creates. Stay with the pain long enough to let it run its course.....every time you encounter it. Feel. Cry. Then - when all resistance has died down.....you are. As you have always been. Instead of the fixing - keep your focus on the one that all this happens to. "Who is this happening to?" is a better question right now than "what is at the root of this delusion". The identification with the delusion is itself the root."
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  1:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Andrew
You are precious

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  6:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi meg,
Yes, I did forget something; when he said that I thought "the world". But one of the great things about dealing with mentally challenged people is you don't have to give them concise answers; they're used to people not communicating well. It was more than momentary- it lasted maybe three weeks, then slowly went away. There was no confusion and alienation in the usual sense. You might think i was confused because I saw no reason to do or think anything, but I had no anxiety. And the alienation wasn't feeling like everyone had banished me. I just felt like I was witnessing an alien world. In other words I didn't understand anything or see any reason for it. I could call up memories to know how to live life, but it was an effort, and I didn't really want to.

Thanks Anthem,
I don't know if your post was about my experience or not, but if it is;
I read that several times and don't really understand it, but I think it's somewhat different from what I experienced. It sounds like Katrine is talking about a state where there is obstruction, pain, and conflict, but I felt none of those. i felt like something was missing, but that was the only negative, and there was no pain or feelings about it at all. I was just experiencing that everything is illusion, and I didn't identify with anything; not mind, body, or emotions. it was like visions I've had of alien worlds where I don't know what any object is used for, only it was earth-world this time. But unlike alien visions, I had no desire to know what the objects were for either! It certainly was "meaningless", however. But unlike the statement above, I was doing no work on something because nothing was bothering me. I finally decided that I should return to my old way of thinking because the world made sense that way. I knew it was all illusion, but there was no joy or any other benefit in experiencing it as such all day long.
There was a sort of freedom and feeling that life was easier that way though.

i'm beginning to suspect that maybe what happened is that I had complete inner silence without any ectatic conductivity at all.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  6:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,

I posted that exert from Katrine with mostly her in mind, I also thought it was pertinent to some of the content of the thread though not specifically your experience.
quote:
i'm beginning to suspect that maybe what happened is that I had complete inner silence without any ectatic conductivity at all.

This is an interesting idea, it's interesting to imagine how one could be there without the other. In any event, sounds like a moment of grace to me.

all the best,

A
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  7:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that inner silence without ecstatic energy is an interesting idea. I may have had experiences like that as a child, and they were terrifying for me...I often felt lost in a space that felt infinite and uncaring. I now experience the same space, but I feel completely loved there. Could the difference be the shakti energy? Wow - what a concept. There are a lot of implications in that, if it be true.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2007 :  11:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Anthem, I assumed, and was wrong.

Yes Meg, I'm thinking maybe that energy may be the difference. I had practiced stopping my thoughts for some time, but I knew nothing of pranayama or kundalini etc. I had no desire except to stop my thoughts. I think that shakti energy needs to be stirred by desire, devotion, pranayama, or at least some kind of volition.

I think some disciplines may be headed in that direction. I know some people meditate favoring silence, but don't believe in God, bhakti, devotion, or pranayama.

I've felt those two kinds of void too. However, with the experience I was writing about, I wasn't that afraid. maybe the difference is being a child with you. I got the impulse that I should be afraid several times, but I couldn't indulge in the fear, so I couldn't really feel it.
If you're in the moment and can't run inner dialog, I don't think you can be afraid.

Did you have any implications in mind, Meg?

Also it makes me wonder about the opposite; ecstatic conductivity without silence. But maybe that just causes kundalini sickness.

Edited by - Etherfish on Apr 17 2007 11:10:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  12:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The implications I was thinking about have to do with the subject of fear, which has been the underlying topic of this thread. If inner silence (Shiva) is evoked without ecstasy (Shakti), it may be that the experience is one of disorientation, alienation, confusion, FEAR. Or (more likely) it may be neutral, but the experience of the silence is colored by the circumstance or psychology of the individual. But once Shakti enters the picture, the negativity or neutrality of the experience generally dissipates, and the silence is no longer experienced as foreign or hostile (unless of course one is having energy overload, but that's another issue).

Does it follow, then, that a spiritual aspirant who's having issues of alienation, FEAR, and the like might be suffering from an imbalance of Shiva and Shakti energies? Too much inner silence without enough ecstasy to provide context? Imagine entering a vast cathedral that was void of any meaning whatsoever. It had been erected as a monument unto itself, and represented nothing but the emptiness contained within. That would likely be disorienting. It's the context of its construction that creates its grandeur. And so it is with Shiva without Shakti. The void seems to be a rather barren territory without energy running through it.

I'm not sure if I've made a point but I'm going to bed. :) Note to self: delete in a.m.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2007 :  04:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg, Ether and Anthem

Ether wrote:
quote:

Yes. Hmm..
And without the purification done by ecstatic conductivity; there would be no way your nervous system could absorb the full impact of inner silence. You experienced a loss of identity (the person Ether)..... It is not the lack of ecstatic conductivity itself that was robbing you of Joy, Love etc.....but simply that as you were right then (physically speaking) your system couldn't absorb and interprete your true nature. IOW: You were detached, but unable to melt.

As long as I remember.....I have had inner silence as an undercurrent in my life, though. It was greatly enhanced when I started to meditate....but it was there to some extent earlier also. I don't know how that would fit with the theory above...

As for the opposite - ecstatic conductivity without inner silence - how can that be possible? Not in essense, anyway. However; to have too much ecstatic conductivity (not in balance with inner silence)......leads to a pre mature "marriage" of the two outside the body. I have been close to this many times; and it is not a good thing. It harms the nervous system. Hence the importance of self-pacing.

BTW, Samyama is working
The doubt is dissolving. I find it amusing, though, that during Samyama i have trouble remembering these three: Health, Strength and Abundance. They keep slipping away....I keep disarranging them....not being consistant as to their order. Today I just watched it happen again....something cliked inside....and I started to giggle.

So I'll stop fussing now

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

The back is healing...I am much better already. Thanks for all the support, everyone.

Katrine wrote:
quote:
I need time for this.
How to be able to open up a larger space in my daily life......for this. And not "die of hunger" in the process.

Actually.....if there is one thing i don't need for this...it is time! I don't need time. I just need to be here right now. Again and again. Tomorrow (or yesterday) has nothing to do with it.

And I don't need to "open up a larger space in my daily life...for this". I don't need to do that.
All that is needed is to be. To be is to be open. To be is already spacious.

The job i had hurt the body. It is that simple. No need to make a big deal out if it. Another job will find me. One that won't rob me of the ability to be present. This is the only criteria: By no means will I rob myself of the presence. Basta!

And the courage.....
No wonder I "lost" it.....
The courage resides in the Heart (La Ceur)
When I am all heart (as in "i am"), I am all couragous
And then....the fear has nothing to attach itself to.

It is when i close myself .....that I "die of hunger".

(See Louis? Your two cents could feed me after all )

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  8:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you are getting better.
It's funny you would forget "health and strength" when you need them most.
Of course you could do exercises that strengthen the body enough to handle that job, but you're probably over that, for other reasons too. I'm finding I need to exercise more as I get older, as the muscles don't seem to last otherwise. Strengthening the muscles around the lower back helps a lot of things I do.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  01:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi Ether

quote:
All I am saying is you can change what it is you are holding during the process.

But I don't want to hold anything at all, Ether.
I am tired of grasping. Still, I ask Kirtanman to clarify his statement......Why is that?

quote:
Of course you can "let go" of everything, but that's a different subject
it, really?

Hi Katrine & All,

I'll try to clarify the comments of mine, which raised ther subsequent questions you (Katrine) raised.

There is nothing special about the L4/L5 disc, per se (they're simply the 4th and 5th lumbar vertebrae, as you count going "north" from the coccyx; the L4/L5 disc is simply the disc/cushion between those two particular vertebrae ... you had simply stated that this is where your disc injury has happened, specifically.

My metaphorically related "holding back" comments, were tied more to what people seem to experienced with regard to back injuries in general.

I hope this helps clarify.

The main dynamic I observe (and have experienced) in situations such as this -- minor to moderate health concerns -- is that our attention is pulled into physicality, and conditioning (surrounding all kind of things ... health, place in society, abilities and interests regarding healing, progress, distraction, etc.) -- and we tend to be come very reactive ("How can I explained the proposed new meds to my family? Oh, I've got to tell my boss I'll be off for three weeks! Fred said surgery ruined his back, but I don't know about this physical therapy ..."

The light of the Self (it seems) would always have us be proactive - to get quiet, take a step back from any related "melee"s -- and take a deep breath (or several) ... and see what, if any, life would have us do, here.

Does that help?

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4381 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  03:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
quote:
I am back with the shine today....

In this morning meditation..."i am"...."i am"...I dived....and dived and dived. Into a darkness that I have encountered before....but not so clearly. It is a vibrating darkness - not the darkness of encountering hatred, anger, hardheartedness......that darkness is always colored by its emotions. No - this darkness is velvety black/blue. I merged with it. It was like being a huge womb - the womb witnessed everything that happened.....the womb was fully pregnant (although completely empty)......and was continously giving birth to appearances. Being the womb, I saw how yesterday and tomorrow always happen now. I saw the illusion of time.

Coming out of the meditation, I opened the eyes and looked at the body. It was like looking at any other body. It had absolutely nothing to do with me. I looked at the rod of ecstatic energy that went through this body - or rather, I looked at the effect this energy had on the body - and it became clear that this effect was not me either.

I sat there - and slowly i became aware of bells chiming within. It was the sound of many churches chiming together - calling people to service. The sound had a color - it was silvery white....The sound also had texture....almost like quicksilver. The sound was a thick, flowing , silvery, white light. The room reverbated with it. All through the sound of the bells was also the sound of the rod. The rod of ecstatic energy.

All this appeared from the womb

Thanks for sharing that. Really beautiful.

I found out something yesterday that I thought might make you smile. In Hindu mythology Siva is one of the Gods. He is also described as pure Consciousness, pure Being or Bliss. But Siva is only half, the other half is his wife who is called Tara. And what does Tara mean in Sanskrit?
Shining.

Tara also has another sense in sanskrit, it means crossing over, as in crossing over an ocean, from the verb root Tu : to cross.

I think someone, just maybe has been there before .

Kali is a Godess. The word Kali in sanskrit means black. Kali is Devi (the Divine Godess) who has a thousand names and who is the Mother of all. It is said that from Her womb which is larger than the entire universe She gives birth to all of creation. She is said to be beyond time and space.

Ring any bells? (Really bad pun I know... but hey)

Love

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  08:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Kirtanman
It makes perfect sense

quote:
The main dynamic I observe (and have experienced) in situations such as this -- minor to moderate health concerns -- is that our attention is pulled into physicality

Yes. This is exactly it. I was not able to maintain clarity.....I was dragged down into physicality......while losing the stand in clarity. I know it is possible to be both in physicality and in clarity......but only if there is balance......between the "inner" and "outer".

But i am also sure that this happened for a reason. A block....a barrier....that needs attention........but if taken to heart......if understood..... can be transformed into a higher level of awareness. A greater presence will result. It is already happening. I can feel the transformation. And I have yet to do anything other than listen (allow space for the listening).

I am very grateful.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2007 :  09:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

Wow....thank you for helping me understand.

quote:
Kali is a Godess. The word Kali in sanskrit means black. Kali is Devi (the Divine Godess) who has a thousand names and who is the Mother of all. It is said that from Her womb which is larger than the entire universe She gives birth to all of creation. She is said to be beyond time and space.

It made me remember something....
I walked past a book store in Oslo back in....I think it was 2001....on my way to a rehersal (I was singing the part of "soul girl" in the Concert version of A.L.Webber's Jesus Christ Superstar ).....and I had absolutely no intention of entering the bookstore; but all of a sudden this great pull in my chest made me walk in there....stearing straight towards a table where this book was displayed: "The Reconnection" by Dr. Eric Pearl. I bought it.....and it had a profund impact. It gave me the very first experience of being "an empty shell ready to be filled with God" (at least that's what I wrote in my diary). For several months....my computer would turn itself off and on by itself....lightbulbs would burst when I walked into a room......and none of my creditcards would work.
Anyway....
Some years later (I don't remember when) Dr.Eric Pearl visited Oslo. I went to hear him speak one evening. I was sitting in the middle of the room (an auditorium with 300 people).....and because of the shape of the room, people in the back had trouble seeing what took place up front (where Dr.Pearl was displaying the healing force coming through him). Suddenly, I heard him say: "You there. Yes, you (he smiled). You in the blue sweater. Would you please come down here".
So I came. He looked at me (a very friendly guy) and then he said something that I didn't understand (I still don't quite understand it..)..he said: "Yes. You can be the mother".
For the rest of the evening, I stood next to him while he did what he did with the patients there....I had a microphone; and I had to describe all that I saw taking place with the bodies of the patients. It was facinating.....
Anyway, I kept wondering about the statement: "You can be the mother". I never really understood it.

So, Christi, maybe this is what he meant?

If so, then we all share in this motherhood

quote:
Ring any bells?

As for the bells....
After reading "The reconnection"....I started writing....messages...in my diary. They just came through; much like the poems; and they spoke about frequencies....about tuning....sort of a tightening of "strings". And about something coming through full force. So I asked: When will this happen? It said: "When the bells ring". (I didn't understand at all).

They also said: "What you are waiting for has already happened".

Yes. That's it; isn't it? What we are, we have always been. And the whole journey is about realizing that we don't need to leave home to come home. We can simply be. We are home.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  05:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is interesting to see that for the first time in a year and a half of constant ecstacy; I am actually able to watch the ecstacy from a "place" deep within it (sounds strange, but that's how it feels) I am able to not be "seduced" into the motion of it (which always increased it) simply by staying calm where I am. This.....refines...the ecstacy. The "rawness" of it evaporates. It is perfectly easy to absorb it this way. I guess what happened is that I am neither interested nor disinterested in it anymore. The ecstacy itself is not the point. I am.

I can now meditate 15 min without crashing out through the top; followed by 5 min of regular (as in AYP) Samyama. Twice a day.

When I have managed this schedule for some more weeks - and am stable in myself - i will add two minutes of Pranayama. I had to cut it out (don't remember when.....it is in the forum somewhere.....more than 6 months ago) due to the strength of the ecstatic conductivity (which also gave me a sunburn...on my eyelids).

The ecstacy is still constant....The activity in the crown is always here (as it has been for a year now...ecstacy, electric activity, constant...hum....."sucking out"... in the frontal fontanelle) - but I NEVER focus on it. I'll exit the body if I do; and it is not time for that.

The ecstatic energy surges right through the lower chakras. The places where it works the most, are the third eye (its openness varies), a place in the back of my head, the line from the medulla oblongata towards the third eye, and once in a while a blockage in the heart chakra will pop up. My whole forehead is constantly wired with activity. During practises, I just meditate. Period. But when i am in normal daily activity (like now) - I keep watching what happens in the body (I keep away from the crown, though. I guess it will be self evident when to ....merge fully through it....somehow; I don't think i have to leave....maybe I'll be visited instead?).
Somewhere in the forum I asked about "the truckload of energy that had me pinned to the sofa"....a tremendous force coming from above my head...pressing down (I couldn't move a finger, yet it never scared me). Well, the force is able to come through now. It is a loving river flowing down through the head and into the heart. From there it pulses in all directions. I can't see it. I just gratefully stay with it when it comes. No pressure; I can get up and walk; it is like being in love for the very first time. Every time it happens.

I listen to the hum. It is always here. I bow my head to spirit (I retract my attention from the "outside" and stay with what is) as often as possible. It also happens spontainiously. It is the single focus of my life. I do function within my family, within society; but all purpose lies with the hum.

I am beginning to see the misconceptions. For instance.....that it is "the writing" that is sacred. As if it can be singled out as something "special". It is not the writing, but its source.
It is gradually dawning on me......in a much deeper way than earlier....that everything is sacred. Everything I look at - every single manifistation is this sacredness. Everything radiates sacredness. The whole world is humming with it.

It is too much to comprehend. So I give in. I'm throwing in the towel.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  09:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Katrine for your post, it is always very interesting to hear about your experiences.

I recently added in the Cosmic Samyama practice from Yogani's latest book "Samayama- Cultivating Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles" and have to say that I really like this practice. My experience has been that it increases our innate inter-connectedness to everything and deepens the inner-silence. It could just be coincidental in timing but I also seem to be experiencing an acceleration in the continual expanding of the ecstasy inside since I started. There is also an increase in awareness and intuition as well which has been enjoyable. A strange side-effect for me is being much more aware of my dreams throughout sleeping at night.

I have started with doing it just once a day at the end of my morning meditation and so far I am stable but definitely appreciate Yogani's warning that if we get carried away with it or other Samyama practices we can find ourselves over after a week or more.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2007 :  12:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine and Andrew
I am posting this because when I read your post Katrine the first thing that popped into my head was Cosmic Samyama. So seeing as Andrew has also brought it up also I thought I would mention it.

A post by Yogani was very useful for me about Cosmic Samyama, you may also get something from it.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1861#15414

There is a practice in the Samyama book coming out this month that may offer some balance to those with crown activity, and offer a smoothening for those who are creeping in the direction of crown opening. Imagine the crown as being an energy door with huge pressure on the inside -- or looking at it another way, as having a huge vacuum on the outside. If the door opens a crack, everything wants to rush out all at once, sucking all that is in here out with it. This can lead to the premature crown opening syndrome.

If we begin to work with our practice on both sides of the door, there is an opportunity to equalize the pressure somewhat. That is what we are introducing in the new Samyama book. The practice is called "Cosmic Samyama."

Louis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000