Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Heat at the base of the spine...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Not sure which section of the forum to post this under so if this one isn't right please feel free to move it...

Lately during pranayam and meditation I've noticed an increasingly strong sensation of heat at the base of the spine, not so much so that its unpleasant, but still very very hot... Also in conjunction with this I have a very strong pulling sensation at the 3d eye, almost feels as if my forehead is gonna bust open at any moment... Like I said these things aren't unpleasant at all, in fact they are extremely enjoyable.. My question basically is if others have experienced the same kind of sensations and if so what did it develop into as time went on and practices continued to progress? I also wanted to know if these were possibly signs of kundalini activity beginning in the body?

Edited by - Richard on Jan 11 2007 11:57:16 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  1:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Thokar

My question basically is if others have experienced the same kind of sensations and if so what did it develop into as time went on and practices continued to progress? I also wanted to know if these were possibly signs of kundalini activity beginning in the body?

Hi Thokar,
It is definitely kundalini. So you are doing great. If there is no discomfort.. just keep going... if things start getting out of hand where in it starts interfering with your daily life.. or makes it very hard to practice.. back off a bit. Read Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies.. your symptoms are described here.
As for what this develops into will be different for different people, depending on each persons personal matrix of obstructions.. so just keep going and let us know what your next experience is.

Not sure what your routine is, and how long you have been following AYP. But if the pressure in your 3rd eye gets too bothersome, you may want to add Yoni Mudra.. Lesson 91 - Yoni mudra kumbhaka – Purging the third eye, and much more
Now this is a very powerful practice, so you should add it only if you are stable in your other practices like Spinal breathing and Mulabandha and Sambhaviand Siddhasana

You are doing really well.. Keep it up.

PS: You can read about other similar expriences in this thread Spiritual puberty...

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 11 2007 1:32:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Athma_Shakti

India
81 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  04:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Athma_Shakti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when we three of the students took the grounding technique had different experiences. two of them felt heat sensation and pulling pressure with vibration so strong like an earthquake at the root.

i felt the energy slowly forming as a huge ball and its so real as solid, then this ball of energy starts fading or shrinking, its kind of ecstatic sexual experience.

sometimes my root, brow and crown are activated same time, its wonderful bliss experience.

your nick "Thokar" tells that ur well advanced in your practices

even though we practice different things, end of the day we all united together as one: sharing the same experience
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000