Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Brahmari Vs Ujjayi.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2006 :  10:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone tried out Brahmari? It is in the AYP book.. Lesson#229, Page#388.
I like it.. but not very sure what kind of benefits it has. I do ujjayi with my spinal breathing in the morning.. with this I can feel the heat move up and down my spine. With the evening spinal breathing I have started Brahmari.. I love the vibration it creates down the spine, but I don't feel the heat as much?
Can anyone shed some light on the benefits of doing brahmarii vs. ujjayi?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  07:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Shweta

Brahmari is an addition to ujjayi not a replacement you sort of do them both together its a noisy ujjayi and very effective. I have tried it but I don't do it as part of my regular practices, in the situation I live in it would probably lead to a visit from the men in white coats.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2006 :  10:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I looked it up in the book after you mentioned it. This has been happening to me automatically every now and then on parts of the exhalation, I was shocked to see there was an actual formal practice to it. So I have since tried it the way detailed in the lessons and it is powerful stuff. I would recommend self-pacing it and it could be a reason for your emotional unrest you recorded in the "house-cleaning" thread.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2006 :  12:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew,
I tried this just twice.. when I go through one of my "emotional unrests ".. my practice slows down a lot... When I do add it back.. I will take it slow.. Thanks.

Actually, I found this in a little corner of the AYP book.. and thought it was very interesting.. that is why I made a post of it.. I had a feeling many may have missed it.. See at least it helped you :-)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  08:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andrew,
Do you practice brahmari?
quote:
Andrew said: "This has been happening to me automatically every now and then on parts of the exhalation"

This has been happening with me too... and at times it does not sound like a bee.. it sounds like a flute (maybe because of kechari)..
I was just wondering if you made brahmari a part of your routine.. or just let it be as it is.. an automatic thing.
Go to Top of Page

ycloutier2000

Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  12:29:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Through experimentation, I have noticed that there is a particular vibration that makes my whole brain vibrate. At this particular frequency the eyes are automatically drawn into shambavi, drawing the eyes in towards the third eye.

Mind you I am doing bramari while in Kechari mudra. Without kechari I am not getting that effect. It may be because in kechari the tongue rests on the septum, which in turn amplifies the vibrations in the head - i don't know, i'm just guessing...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  07:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ycloutier2000

Through experimentation, I have noticed that there is a particular vibration that makes my whole brain vibrate. At this particular frequency the eyes are automatically drawn into shambavi, drawing the eyes in towards the third eye.

Mind you I am doing bramari while in Kechari mudra. Without kechari I am not getting that effect. It may be because in kechari the tongue rests on the septum, which in turn amplifies the vibrations in the head - i don't know, i'm just guessing...

Hi Y,
For the last 2 days I have been doing brahmari without any effort, meaning, I am not trying to do it, but it just happens. I start spinal breathing in kechari, and after a couple of breaths, the tongue finds a comfortable position in stage 3 and brahamari just happens. However, since I am not controlling it (and what I mean by control is, I am not doing it as a practice), the pitch of the sound changes and in addition I do get a flute sound at times.. its all over the place.. Maybe once I get more into it, I will feel the vibrations you are talking about. But boy!!! is this practice LOUD!!!!!!

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 11 2007 07:42:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  11:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta,

Just saw this question from January 5th above, sorry have been so busy in other parts of my life that I have not been around the forums as much as usual these days. I have been practicing brahmari until recently (I am in heavy self-pacing mode at the moment). I find it very potent so do it only on one exhalation when I do practice it.

Sounds perhaps more like a deep flute for me too when I do it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000