New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  09:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The word Bliss is often thrown around I am curious how others would describe bliss.

I know how I would describe it but would like to hear from others to see if it is the same, or even the same idea.

For example how does it start during your practices?

Where does it start is there a physical location that translates like for example oh lets say your big toe. Used Big Toe because I do not want to lead any answers.

What is the experience of bliss in your own words?

Thank you.

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  10:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bliss is ineffable, indescribable.
It may be identified by the little half-smile.
The only way to know it is to be it.
Being it, you know that it is the light of the world.
And it is what you are.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  11:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Parvati 9 thanks for trying.

This is not an easy question to put in words but it is doable.

Maybe it would be easier if we also include what is not bliss?

Anyone else?

Often Bliss is expressed with the phrase Sat and Chit before it and Ananda is supposed to be what we get out of:

Sat: Existence

Chit: expression, knowledge, of Sat, or existence.

Ananda: The bliss you get out of it.

All these words are dancing. So tell me how does bliss feel maybe that is a better approach.

quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

And it is what you are.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  11:17:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

I would love to hear what bliss is for you as well. I've had experiences of so much bliss that I've just sat on the couch unable to do anything.Even though this is exhilirating- it's like eating your Birthday cake by yourself without sharing.

The bliss that is experienced daily runs from the belly to the heart with a sweetness. I'm able to fully engage in the world from this bliss and share the joy with everyone. The engaging and sharing becomes effortless.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 13 2015 11:21:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  11:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah now we are getting somewhere, Good reply Sunyata but I will hold off speaking on purpose, sometimes I feel my over speaking influences others and want to hear others truths before getting too mouthy with my own.

I like what you have shared and can not disagree. You speak from direct knowing. It is very good.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Hi So-Hi,

I would love to hear what bliss is for you as well. I've had experiences of so much bliss that I've just sat on the couch unable to do anything.Even though this is exhilirating- it's like eating your Birthday cake by yourself without sharing.

The bliss that is experienced daily runs from the belly to the heart with a sweetness. I'm able to fully engage in the world from this bliss and share the joy with everyone. The engaging and sharing becomes effortless.

Sunyata

Edited by - So-Hi on Dec 13 2015 1:04:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  12:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bliss is felt in the whole body and outpouring. Some years ago in summer it was overwhelming for weeks. I just lay down in the garden doing nothing at all.

One day there was a little boy with me, he just wants to sit with his bare feet to mine, that was so sweet. We enjoyed it both.

Now it is more the normal state, always present, but sometimes after teaching yoga, I sit there with this overwhelming bliss. I also recognize the half smile of Parvati, I feel like Mona Lisa very often. Also I can feel it in my eyes and hope the bliss is shared with everyone around, I am very grateful for this.

Edited by - Charliedog on Dec 13 2015 12:52:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are many tastes and flavors to bliss for me:

Ecstatic bliss - This has a very physical sensation, a blissful rushing of joyous energy in the body. Sometimes to much to handle.'

Love-bliss - This is less energetic and more of a sense of being this complete, undivided openness, a radiant outpouring of joyful love for no reason at all.

Peace-bliss - Sometimes the bliss is very peaceful, without the rushing energetic side. This is an incredible sense of happiness and well-being, and being completely at peace, deeply at peace. Such a deep sense of happiness.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi So-Hi,

Sunyata

Recognition

The gentle warmth further expands from the heart, its glow can fill more than a body..

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

And it is what you are.

love
parvati

Gentle smile hehe
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata The bliss that is experienced daily runs from the belly to the heart with a sweetness.

parvati9 Bliss is ineffable = {to great or extreme to be expressed.}

Charliedog Bliss is felt in the whole body and outpouring.

Charliedog Some years ago in summer it was overwhelming for weeks.

Charliedog Now it is more the normal state, always present, but sometimes after teaching yoga, I sit there with this overwhelming bliss.

Charliedog: I feel like Mona Lisa very often

Charliedog: Also I can feel it in my eyes

Mr. Anderson:

Ecstatic bliss - This has a very physical sensation, a blissful rushing of joyous energy in the body. Sometimes to much to handle.'

Love-bliss - This is less energetic and more of a sense of being this complete, undivided openness, a radiant outpouring of joyful love for no reason at all.

Peace-bliss - Sometimes the bliss is very peaceful, without the rushing energetic side. This is an incredible sense of happiness and well-being, and being completely at peace, deeply at peace. Such a deep sense of happiness.

Omsat The gentle warmth further expands from the heart, its glow can fill more than a body.

From this we can tell Bliss has some certain characteristics

1.The first and most important is that Bliss is something that you can feel.

2. The second is that it can be felt moving from on place to another as was 1st so well describe by Sunyata

3. The third is bliss can be more than the mind can contain or express as told by Parvati9

4. Omsat also reveals that Bliss can take on the characteristic of warmth or temperature. Omsat also shares that what is being felt is not necessarily being done with the physical body.

5. Mr. Anderson further quantifies and qualifies Bliss into 3 categories or modifications of bliss as it interacts with mind and takes on different aspects. Ecstatic which is bliss in its unmodified form the raw stuff if you will then Love and peace.

Mr. Anderson has shown that as the raw unmodified bliss goes through modification or takes up friction with the mind it gives up it’s energetic quality and the ineffable quality as parvati9 describes it into definable identification.

these definable qualities are emotional states of love followed by satisfaction.

I would like to interject here that what he has described are not 3 separate things but actually the completion of a cycle of the same thing and being able to articulate this is very good Mr. Anderson. That takes keen perception.

6. We have also read from Charliedog of Bliss as being a state which is always present but after teaching yoga can become overwhelming. There is also a feeling of gratitude.

7.We also read from Charliedog that bliss can be felt in specific body parts or is that counterparts?

8. WE also learn from Charliedog that bliss can not only have different intensities but the intensities can be triggered.

9. we also learn from Charliedog that Bliss exists in time in her case all the time and has become her normal state.

Hmm…… lets ponder these things.

Edited by - So-Hi on Dec 13 2015 1:39:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  1:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
sometimes I feel my over speaking influences others and want to hear others truths before getting too mouthy with my own.

No at all So-Hi. We enjoy your honest and heartfelt sharing.

I also wanted to add with the movement from the belly to heart- the heart flowers and bubbles of bliss arise. Those bubbles burst and intoxicate the whole body.

quote:
The gentle warmth further expands from the heart, its glow can fill more than a body..

Hi Omsat- Isn't this radiance? Just like experiencing too much bliss and not being able to move. I can experience too much radiance that sends me into overload. Every quality of energy has to be grounded.The radiance is felt strongly when I type in the forum or talk about spirituality to people.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 13 2015 1:54:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  2:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi perhaps I use sometimes strange words in your opinion....I only speak (write) English here at AYP so...... Bliss started years ago, mostly after doing yoga class. Later when I started to do yoga everyday, bliss didn't leave. It is first felt with waking up. Maybe when I stop doing yoga, but life became yoga so .

I agree with Mr. Anderson that there are different tastes, and terminology of bliss, samadhi, ananda, turiya etc.is not completely clear to me.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Charliedog your English is great nothing to be self conscious about.

You know after reading these replies and pondering a bit one word came to me and that word was Prana.

Love to hear what all of you think of it as a fit as the source of bliss. In another way of writing it Bliss is the part of prana we can feel.

Edited by - So-Hi on Dec 13 2015 2:55:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  3:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Prana is indeed the source of bliss in my opinion, prana, and kundalini-shakti if awakened. The more yoga, the more prana. The more the prana can move without obstructions to the higher chakra's, the more bliss we can experience.

On the other hand too much bliss is ecstasy and then it is purification.
That can be felt in area's or body parts where obstructions are manifested.

Just my opinion
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  3:25:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything in manifestation is Prana. Bliss is felt in the body. The unmanifested is silence. Yes, I agree bliss is part of prana we can feel. Prana moving through clear channels (nadis) is bliss.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 13 2015 3:27:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  4:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-hi,
You may like this topic:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=13694#13694

It leads to a discussion of bliss.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  4:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The bliss I feel is more of the peace-bliss mr. anderson mentions, not containing energetics for me. I call it heavenly peace. A stillness and well being like nothing I could ever imagine.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  7:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was stopped at a red light, and I saw two butterflies dancing. They were chasing each other in spirals, hovering above the pavement. I couldn't tell which was chasing which, because their movement was so synchronized and perfectly responsive.

Bliss.

I was watching a UFC fight in which two grown men were grappling and pulverizing each other with punishing blows. When the final bell rang, they hugged each other passionately and patted each other on the back...sweating, bleeding, panting.

Bliss.

I'll be buying a buddy a 2-year subscription to AYP Plus as a gift. Earlier this year, he gave me money for a plane ticket to come visit him on the other side of the country.

Bliss.

This morning I meditated in a circle with five fellow friends, and the timer went off too early because I had set it improperly. I told them my mistake, and we continued meditating in silence for another 10 minutes.

Bliss.

Every...moment...moving...across stillness...from the beginning to the end.

Bliss.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  8:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
sometimes I feel my over speaking influences others and want to hear others truths before getting too mouthy with my own.

quote:

Hi Omsat- Isn't this radiance? Just like experiencing too much bliss and not being able to move. I can experience too much radiance that sends me into overload. Every quality of energy has to be grounded.The radiance is felt strongly when I type in the forum or talk about spirituality to people.

Maybe

I didn't ponder much on the terminology. Just recognize the feeling, also this one you describe as radiance. Indeed, it can make the body extremely ungrounded when it's experienced or cultivated for longer times at higher intensity. It took me a while to acknowledge this before

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  8:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

4. Omsat also reveals that Bliss can take on the characteristic of warmth or temperature. Omsat also shares that what is being felt is not necessarily being done with the physical body.

Yes, it is true.

quote:
its glow can fill more than one body

By this, I also meant it may spill over on other lifeforms, be it people, animals, plants.. It is naturally shared when interacting with life surrounding.

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2015 :  8:35:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mr_anderson

There are many tastes and flavors to bliss for me:

Yes
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  09:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry not so much; that thread wound up beating around the bush so much I lost interest within the first page. By the second page it was getting off the rails.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi So-hi,
You may like this topic:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=13694#13694

It leads to a discussion of bliss.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  09:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I have noticed this also have discovered it was very conspicuously so when a person still new to me turned out to be a yogini.

quote:
Originally posted by Omsat

quote:

Yes, it is true.

quote:
its glow can fill more than one body

By this, I also meant it may spill over on other lifeforms, be it people, animals, plants.. It is naturally shared when interacting with life surrounding.

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  10:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes I have noticed this also have discovered it was very conspicuously so when a person still new to me turned out to be a yogini.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  3:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seeing a bit of a consensus here I guess we can go on a bit and say that Prana is the source.

Bodhi brings up some good stuff which leads to some more questions.

The next topic is "TRIGGERS"

What are your Triggers? Where are they felt? How do they occur?

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  4:17:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in the cloud of the unkonowing there is few words i think i understand about bliss and devotion the author tells us of mary and martha and that martha complains of mary when she is laying at the lords feet forever at one with him in contemplation and love ,this for me is the bliss i have felt ,a deep peace a more deeper longing a wonderment and also sadness of knowing there is is a cloud of unknowing between us and thy god
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000