Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 my introduction
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gurdosho

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  1:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello ayp-members.

Although i already made a post as a newcomer and read throughout the forum, i would like to introduce myself to the ayp-community.

live in Germany
literature background: american motivation literature, books on psychology, books on spirituality (esp. OSHO), chi kung, EFT

How would I describe me: very sensitive, very contemplative / reflective, perfectionist,lightly-depressed

My username "Gurdosho" is a mixture of Gurdjeff and OSHO.

How did I come to spirituality?

At the age of 13 i realized that something is not "right" with me. I was not happy at all and struggled with serious self-doubt. I felt like an outsider. Years went by and at the age of 18 I found the American Self-Help / Motivational literature for me and read very much. I thought: Now I am on the right track. Although I was succesfull at school and begun to study at university, I still felt that something is missing in my life and I wondered what that would be. Since I am a very questioning person I wanted to know what life is about. Western psychology was very interesting at that time for me, and again i read hundreds of books about this topic.
After I quit university because of depression/ burn-out, I accidentaly found one of OSHO's books. I was impressed by his clear language and his courage to say the truth.I wanted to know what the truth is and how it feels like. So I started meditation. For 2-3 years I meditated irregularly. I started to feel better, although I didn't use any special technique.
About 7 months ago, I accidentally found AYP on amazon and was impressed by the great reviews.So I started Yoganis method (SBP and DM), but somehow switched meditation techniques from time to time, because I was confused with method is the right one.
Since about 6 weeks I am only doing DM twice daily (sometimes more often) and I feel great inner peace and more awareness. So I will continue to do only DM for the next months and then start with SPB.

Forgive me my bad english.I am German and Germans aren't well known for perfect English.

Thanks for reading. The guru is in you :-)

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  1:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Gurdjeff/ OSHO
and welcome to the forums....
what you felt at age 13 is very common in spiritual seekers...it is called longing for the Truth...
keep your practices and add SPB later like you said...but one thing you should know is that we do NOT do DM more than twice per day....ayp techniques are strong purification techniques so doing more than required does more harm than benefit....we want the purification to happen smoothly in order to avoid discomfort due too much purification going on at the same in the nervous system...give your body time to assimilate the purification,do not bombard it so to speak
all the best
TGIY
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  6:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack, welcome!
I can certainly relate to what you describe as the depression/burn-out combo, as most look at the former and completely ignore the latter which can have more sources than can be described or measured in 'simple' physiological terms.
In retreat mode you can certainly do more than twice a day if you feel that's needed. Further down the road as you slowly add practices, and your sadhana 'wears in,' having just 2 may seem more than enough already. It surely seems a long-term thing where nurturing the habit and routine keeps things going, and I've only been at it for almost a year now but can already see that minding the joy of it has been a big part of that too.

to borrow famous words: "not a minute to waste."
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2012 :  3:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gurdosho
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  01:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome Gurujeffoshoo

I am sure in your search right now you are in RIGHT PLACE. All tools necessary are given in main lessons and if anyone takes the first dip will surely feel the SELF.

Regards
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Gurdosho

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  04:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey.
Thank you for your answers.
@maheswari aund AumNaturel: i already read and get the advice to not overdo DM.
The reason I am sometimes doing it more than twice daily is that I am so sick and tired of the fighting against depression, self-doubt and fear; i just seek liberation and freedom. I know, that i shouldn't overdo DM! But it gives me so much inner peace and silence... and i don't feel any negative side-effects.
Has anyone experience or can say what can happen if you overdo DM?
Thanks for reading. Appreciate your opionion very much.

Regards, Jack
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  06:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear Gurdosho
overdoing DM may lead to depression and fear ie the things you are running away from because too much obstructions are being cleared out in your nervous system
all the mental tensions we feel are reflected in the body in the form of physical tensions, stiffness and obstructions in the nervous system
when doing DM you are releasing those obstructions...this has to be done gradually cause as you know the subconscious mind is a huge storehouse of mental impressions (samskaras) that we have carried with us for ages ...so doing too much DM (or any other yoga practice) leads to too much "dirt" released...imagine you are in a room that have not been cleaned for years,you start sweeping the floor very quickly, the dust that comes out can choke you cause you are sweeping and cleaning way too fast
same thing DM is a big sweeper of dust and dirt...take it easy and stick to twice per day...open the window of the room before you start sweeping the dust
go through the lessons and the forums you will find lots of topics about the negative effects of overdoing practices ....
also note that overload does not appear immediately, it takes some time....that is why currently you dont feel it
check this lesson too
http://www.aypsite.org/15.html
all the best
Love
maheswari

Edited by - maheswari on Feb 12 2012 06:49:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2012 :  11:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the lessons, you will come across a part about the unique matrix of obstructions which adds some uncertainty about how purification and opening unfolds for you. The way in which we apply the practices I suspect also plays a role, but that's not to say there's a better or worse way to do it as "there are no hard and fast rules."

Later on it is said self-pacing might even have to be on-the-fly.

I hinted at enjoying a steady pace since it is said it will lead further and faster with less struggle (ex. getting caught in scenery) on the larger time scales which is where things really unfold.
Go to Top of Page

dominickelly

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2016 :  11:12:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey gurdosho! i am also from germany. :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000