Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 TM'er and in Recovery, new to AYP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  6:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all! I find AYPsite to be essentially the answer to my prayers. Have always been interested in incorperating TM-like meditation with kriya/tantra practices, but found that the TM organization is not so cool with that (I lived in Fairfield for a while).

I live in LA (does anyone else?).

Interested to know how I can get to be a part of this great online community of yogis. Thanks!!

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2016 :  11:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! You've come to the right place. The budding AYP community is scattered around the world, but we're connected, especially in stillness, but also through retreats and informal gatherings. I'm moving towards starting a permanent AYP sanctuary in Tampa, Florida.

Also, thanks for posting in my AYP for Recovery thread. I responded to you there as well.

This is a marathon, so better buckle up for the long haul. Glad to see you posting here, Samuel. Keep the bhakti flowing.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  12:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Samuel!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  05:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Samuel

Yes, AYP is great!
quote:
Originally posted by samuelsincera
I find AYPsite to be essentially the answer to my prayers.
That has been my reaction to finding AYP too.

You'll find your way in. Browsing this website will give you lots of info. There is another forum on AYP Plus. I feel the discussions there are more advanced. You can also get access to all the lessons, books and Yogani's latest updates on Plus, all for a modest fee. If you can't afford it there are scholarships.

All the best on your path. See you around.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  05:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
samuel
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  7:48:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys!! Thanks for the responses!

My first question is: is there a way to get email alerts when someone replies to a thread I'm in? If not, is there a way to get notifications within this web-page? I had to manually hunt down this thread :)

How are the retreats? Sounds awesome!

I'm very excited to start going through the plus and printed book material, and am having to hold myself back from going to far too fast. I've tried kriya before I was properly grounded many times, and the result is waaaay too intense.

My practice is currently: 5 minutes of SBP and 15 of TM/DM 2x per day (each). Very mild, very minor. I've been out of discipline for a few years now!

What are the scholarships like? When I'm ready, I would be interested. I won't be broke forever but I am in early 12-step recovery and finances are tenuous.

THX!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  8:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, there is no way to be notified when someone posts in a thread in the public forum. However, that function exists in the AYP Plus forums! It's definitely convenient.

I've been to 5 formal retreats now, and a couple informal gatherings. Each one has been special in its own right. Without fail, it's been a feeling of steadily rising inner silence, so that by the end, I walk away feeling refreshed and ready to return to my normal life. Like Deep Meditation, I always judge the quality of the experience based on its after-effects, which have been substantially positive and lasting over the past several years. I'm ready for more.

The scholarships are issued for 3-month periods (I think), and you can email Yogani about setting one up.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  04:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hello all! I find AYPsite to be essentially the answer to my prayers. Have always been interested in incorperating TM-like meditation with kriya/tantra practices, but found that the TM organization is not so cool with that (I lived in Fairfield for a while).

I live in LA (does anyone else?).

Interested to know how I can get to be a part of this great online community of yogis. Thanks!!

Welcome, Samuelsincera!
Looks like you've come to the right place.

One of the things I love about AYP is that it does, in fact, incorporate a broad range of practices including deep meditation and kriya-like energy work (SBP) as well as tantra, asana, bhakti and all the various forms of yoga. And we have a great sangha.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  04:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wecome Samuel

Wishing you a smooth journey to freedom
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  05:11:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My first question is: is there a way to get email alerts when someone replies to a thread I'm in? If not, is there a way to get notifications within this web-page? I had to manually hunt down this thread :)
If you Select "Active Topics" from the menu at the top right of the forum page, you will see only posts that were written since you last visited the forum. If your threads have received new answers they will be in that list.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  07:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can also see your posts only, by clicking on your user name (top right area). There is a "Find all non-archived posts by samuelsincera" link in your profile under "Basics". That will be useful while you're still a new member, with a small number post - after writing hundreds that list will take too long to navigate.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  5:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everybody!

I'd like to report a little of my progress--

Been getting steady with my Meditation and Spinal Breathing; and getting the very beginning glow of that ecstatic conductivity that I have so often heard about.

I feel during my pranayamas that I am clearing through psychic debri, it is often uncomfortable during the breathing and is accompanied by physical sweating and heat. My experiences are relatively intense so I am very mild with the time I spend in SPB, only 3-7 minutes usually.

Doing it twice a day, and also I am feeling better in my meditation. The mantra is getting clearer at deeper levels; it's getting less vague even in a deeper state of transcendence.

Life is alright at the moment. Look forward to stepping up my game to AYP plus when the time comes. Slow and steady is my motto right now.

I'm also working the twelve steps right now, coming out of a major period of depression and addiction -- and working on some basic personal development techniques; GTD + Bullet Journal(for those who know what that is) & learning to Speed-Read.

So far AYP is like the engine that's giving me the energy and clarity to continue forward on my path.

Thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2016 :  5:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The higher power is in you.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  4:10:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get this experience occaisionally in pranayama, especially if I go past 5 minutes:

losing control of my consciousnesses, terror, anxiety, then a breakthrough and I am left feeling energized. I feel that I am working through my subtle blockages forcefully.

Am I doing it maybe too deep, to hard or too long? Is this experience terror in Pranayama fine or a sign that I'm stretching out my nadis too quickly?

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  5:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, "forcefully" is not really the AYP style, per se. Maybe vigorously or persistently. But trying to "break through" is usually cause for overload, so it may be a signal to self-pace a little.

Spinal Breathing is one of the practices I have had to taper off due to excess friction. Currently, I'm doing a modified version that is a little looser, in terms of not having to keep the breath in tandem with the up and down motion of the spinal nerve. Alternate nostril breathing is sometimes recommended as a milder form.

I definitely wouldn't go past 5 minutes, and maybe even back off completely for a little while until there's more stability in silence and groundedness.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  5:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samuel, if terror and anxiety are emerging it is a good indication to end that particular session and rest with these feelings. You are definately jarring something loose and it's prudent not to push too much too soon. Feeling energized is a fruit of purification but easy as it goes! "Forcefully" should not be a part of practice.
Go to Top of Page

samuelsincera

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  02:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good answers guys! I have found that a little nadi shodhana (alternate nostril breathing) before spinal breathing helps to stabilize the energy.

I have to say, I am getting incredible effects from this practice overall. This last week or so, I have had amazing energy levels. Feel much more clear and less lethargic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000