New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2015 :  4:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The next topic is "TRIGGERS"

What are your Triggers? Where are they felt? How do they occur?

We've discussed mine in the "yoga and relationship" forum. It's felt right where the bliss is felt- gut and heart.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 14 2015 4:41:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  01:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Seeing a bit of a consensus here I guess we can go on a bit and say that Prana is the source.

Bodhi brings up some good stuff which leads to some more questions.

The next topic is "TRIGGERS"

Triggers are very helpful, like guides.
They point out whether our experiences are in line with our heart's longing and give motivation to change less favourable conditions to our innermost purpose. These conditions are experienced both within and without as without in this case is a mere reflection of the heart within.

At the less conscious stages, they are often coming to arise by awakening a previous trigger and amplifying it. As we become more conscious and proficient at letting go, we do not lose our center easily anymore, or recover it soon enough.

When they are let go off easily, adjustments of all kinds fostering harmony, peace and love prevail.

They can be felt anywhere in the body depending on their particular root and association. If we are heart centered, we will feel them more here when the heart contracts.

Edited by - Omsat on Dec 15 2015 01:11:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  01:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Triggers?

The look in her eyes, the smile on her face, the tone of her sweet and melodic voice
The curves of her front, back, sides, ups and downs, circles, squares, triangles notwithstanding
The colors beaming from her multi-layered sheaths: clothing, complexion, hair, ethnicity, lips, communication, lineage and future textures
The subtle and easily missed adjectives of form, modifying the nouns of her figure, enlivened by verbs and adverbs and other rare, obscure complements

The trigger gets pulled, and BANG! an explosion of ridiculousness ensues. The confetti gets sprayed and scattered across the room, rendering the once empty space now full of squiggly lines. Why this celebration!? Why, why, why...the inquisitive mind moans for an answer. But the Who and the What quickly overwhelm the question, and the When and the Where are merely incidental, and the How keeps pushing the edge of the envelope towards further celebration with lush luxury for the senses.

Alas, the trigger cannot be blamed for unrolling this red carpet of questions because the answers are all too abundant and obvious, and even so, unseen and unknown ones lurk in the merry shadows, waiting for their turn to partake in the unending birthday party.

Happiness is a warm, cosmic gun whose bullet is made out of bliss, and that trigger looked so inviting, so I just had to pull it.

[My deepest and sincere apologies for littering the thread with verbal confetti. ]
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  03:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bliss is, I guess because of longterm practices and let not forget grace.
It fluctuates, can increase, that is often spontaneously for no reason at all.

Recognized as triggers for growing bliss are, real contacts, sharing practices with others, spiritual gatherings, reading, music, writing, nature, loving service. etc.
I guess just live from the heart. Physically it can be felt in all chakra's, in every place in the body.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  05:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[My deepest and sincere apologies for littering the thread with verbal confetti

Don't apologize Bodhi, your verbal confetti is bubbling of for life, inspiring, fresh and a trigger by itself
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol Bodhi sounds like its been a while since you were with a lady. Just kidding.

So We can agree there are triggers, and they can be of certain kinds.

Sunyata explains it can be the presence of others and not necessarily a welcome presence but can actually result in physical pain. ( Headaches )

Charlidog covers a very wide range of external triggers from the company of others to reading books and she is not wrong.

Omsat goes off the direction of the question which was
quote:

and shares his belief system concerning the mechanics and what the purpose for triggers are and how they have and do apply to his life experiences. It is good to read and will be sure to revisit this.

I think it can be pretty well agreed that the triggers can be external something triggers a release within.

I kind of thought these would be the replies and agree with them all.

Now here is a little different direction on the question what are the internal triggers?

1. To be specific when you sit and perform your spiritual practices what are the bliss triggers?

2. Can you voluntarily activate the bliss?

3. Once the bliss is activated then where does it take you as in what is the outcome.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  09:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

I have a common trigger that happens over and over when I'm less identified with a person and more identified with awareness. It's comical at this point. Someone who is homeless or very down on their luck, always a male, a stranger, will approach me and ask for me to do something or for money. The first no will have a contraction and bring me out of awareness.

Sometimes, there will be a no right away. I'm not giving rides to men I do not know ( I'm female). And I'm not going to darkened parts of parking lots to give money, sorry, you have to come into the store with me. If it's just money that is asked for( in daylight), I might not notice so much, the 1st and 2nd person, I can give without thinking about it, but by the 3rd, I'm likely to think " What the Hell is going on!" and I'm back to identification, lack of awareness. It general happens in 1-2 days; I will say no.

The funny thing is that I'm not working in homeless shelters or hanging out in "bad neighborhoods".
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  09:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  09:46:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Lalow I understand what you just shared completely. It used to happen to me all the time.

But now I am not out in the world so much so the opportunity is rare.

Here is your answer.

What is happening is you are developing siddhis. You are also broadcasting Shakti which is drawing the male.

One of these siddhis is a more fine perception and it is a part of the gestalt of unity. When we are identified with awareness we are in unity in many degrees.

Coming out of awareness is a sure sign you need to get away from that individual. That is self preservation kicking in just because they are drawn does not place you in an obligation to capitulate and I think you know this.

Often those in need are in need due to serious addictions to drugs etc or have gone without and are in a state of prolonged deprevation for many reasons each of these conditions will take a person and put them into more contact with awareness but this is a back door way of doing things, which is why drugs and spirituality really need to not be blended.

So when both parties are in a state of awareness desire draws these people to you, they do not know why it is but it is so.

You are very wise to be careful. These folks are running on instinct and it can turn ugly.

I remember a fellow who was down on his luck drawn to me. He was older than myself at the time maybe 35 or 40 he was tall and thin with long dark hair and a beard to match his face had the appearance of a weathered old tree. His eyes were watery and and full of sorrow. It was winter and he asked me for money so he could eat.

I consulted my awareness and intuition said he is here for you to take care of and I felt this in my heart.

I could see he was cold so I told him you stay here I will be right back. I went inside and grabbed a long coat and told him here this is yours now put this on.

Now c'mon follow me. He said thanks man but I just need.. I interrupted him and said yes I know you just need some money for food, come, come and I walked him into the convenience store where I knew the manager, she was a friend of mine and they had a full deli.

I said feed this fellow give him whatever he wants and also let him take some food with him if he wants, I will be back later just give me the bill.

So I stood with him for a little while, while he ordered some food then half way through it getting made I told him after you eat get some more I am leaving so you can eat in peace.

He really did not know what to think or say.

It is really a case by case basis.

A few weeks ago I was shopping and got back in my vehicle I was aware of a rough looking character on a bike prowling the parking lots. I could feel the hostility coming off of this character in waves, full of hate and darkness a predator.

I rolled down my window and knew he would be coming, but decided let this play out as it will until then I am enjoying this fresh air. As I backed up he came right up to the vehicle demanding money to eat.

I gave him the reply he had coming not even looking at him like he was not even there because his true self was not. I ignored him and continued backing out of the parking space. He exclaimed Yeah I guess not!!! with a heated anger and rode off on his bike towards some more people.

Later that night I had a discussion with the police over this characters aggressive behavior since then this area has been clear of what was becoming a gathering spot for this type of aggressive demanding activity.

Always remain practical and safe being in a Male body has some advantages but even then it is wise to be safe first.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi So-Hi,

I have a common trigger that happens over and over when I'm less identified with a person and more identified with awareness. It's comical at this point. Someone who is homeless or very down on their luck, always a male, a stranger, will approach me and ask for me to do something or for money. The first no will have a contraction and bring me out of awareness.

Sometimes, there will be a no right away. I'm not giving rides to men I do not know ( I'm female). And I'm not going to darkened parts of parking lots to give money, sorry, you have to come into the store with me. If it's just money that is asked for( in daylight), I might not notice so much, the 1st and 2nd person, I can give without thinking about it, but by the 3rd, I'm likely to think " What the Hell is going on!" and I'm back to identification, lack of awareness. It general happens in 1-2 days; I will say no.

The funny thing is that I'm not working in homeless shelters or hanging out in "bad neighborhoods".

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  10:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Omsat

@Bodhi: lol

@So-Hi:
Seems I accidentally posted twice and you saw only the first post that was not complete. In the second post, there is a reply to your question. (I now erased the first one.):

[quote]They can be felt anywhere in the body depending on their particular root and association. If we are heart centered, we will feel them more here when the heart contracts.

Now I see the question was meant to be more directly related to triggers for bliss..

Somehow my interpretation of the word triggers was/is that they are something that brings us out of balance. So, I didn't make the link of the question to the initial post.

I think the reason for my misunderstanding your question is that triggers has a connotation of being something rather exceptional rather than a constant and I feel bliss more as a constant than a trigger.
Bliss is the constant, the natural state. Deviations herefrom is what I interpret to be triggers in my understanding of the word.
From Sunyata's post, it seems I am not the only one with this interpretation.

Edited by - Omsat on Dec 16 2015 04:56:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  11:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
1. To be specific when you sit and perform your spiritual practices what are the bliss triggers?

3. Once the bliss is activated then where does it take you as in what is the outcome.

I'm self pacing at the moment. I'm a sensitive meditator as well.

1) I don't have control over when I experience bliss during my spiritual practices. Perhaps because I still have a lot of purification left in the subtle body.

2) No. But when I listen to certain music, see people helping/act of kindness, even a kind exchange with someone, nature( the evening sky, the sun, stars), being with the kids, when I have friends over and cook and serve them- all activate bliss. The unshakable peace is always present but the intoxicating bliss will appear randomly.

3)I'm here going on in life with the sweetness and beaming. The density of the body is lighter and everything flows. The witness disappears.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 15 2015 11:19:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  11:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat looks like the double post is still happening.

When the word triggers was used It was meant just like when pulling a trigger on a revolver, trigger is pulled hammer draws back releases then strikes the cartridge, cartridge detonates, bullet, flies free of the cartridge travels through and leaves the barrel. If aim is true hits the bullseye on the target.

There are definite and repeatable steps.

If we go back and look at peoples reply we can see there are definite external stimuli that are triggers.

Also from peoples replies we can see that what is being triggered is movement and expression of prana which is being modified into feelings of bliss as it interacts with the mind-scape.

Sunyatas post was actually still on topic her triggers as discussed are environment and specific people.

Omsat please try and stick with the current line of questioning, if I am not clear then ask me to rephrase if you are patient the things you are sharing will be addressed.

Statement to add to the above 3 questions. In this Q&A session we can see it is Prana that is behind the bliss therefore the triggers are to be understood as that which motivates Prana in it's raw unmodified form typically referred to as energetic.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  11:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Omstat,
I had the same response( triggers- taking you out of bliss). Both responses were excellent, please repost.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  11:59:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi,

It's just funny to see the same thing happening again and again. It's the same story. I can't even count how many times it has happened, but I'm not about to put myself in danger to keep awareness. You know what I mean. What to do or not do? I'm right back into small self as soon as I say no.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  1:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes Omsat please do repost you have some great input and I promise to get to it.

Hey Lalow33 when you say no try saying yes inside. In other words yes here it is take it all but let the words and actions be no to protect the relative physical self so you can continue your incarnations purpose.

When both inner and out yes agree then take action.

FYI I am fully aware what I am asking may not be something everyone can or feels comfortable answering so no worries.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  1:35:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sunyata I absolutely love your honesty, openness and frankness.

On Number 1. I just wanted to reply that there are ways but do not want to get into that yet.

On Number 2. My goodness how wonderfully well said it deserves repeated:
quote:
The unshakable peace is always present but the intoxicating bliss will appear randomly.

The intoxicating bliss also goes with #1.it is the first modification of Prana after the raw energetic.

On Number 3.I'm here going on in life with the sweetness and beaming. The density of the body is lighter and everything flows. The witness disappears.

Please do make #3. Understood in different words tell us about sweetness and beaming. Lets discuss the witness disappearing it is actually further down the line in my Q&A but this is an important tenant of AYP that deserves discussion.

Anyone else?
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So-Hi Q&A part 3,

As said, bliss is, peaceful, loving equanimity with a warm glow, fluctuating all by itself.

1. During DM or Asana that peaceful, loving bliss can be triggered to expand.

2. Yes it is, with pranayama, bandha and mudra, I can voluntary activate, or it happens spontaneously but that is the ecstatic bliss.

3. During practice this can bring me to 7th heaven, the outcome is Samyama, share it and sometimes the need to self-pace
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  2:33:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very Good Charliedog please go more in depth what this is like for you on each point, this is valuable AYP Practice information.

quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

quote:

So-Hi Q&A part 3,

As said, bliss is, peaceful, loving equanimity with a warm glow, fluctuating all by itself.

1. During DM or Asana that peaceful, loving bliss can be triggered to expand.

2. Yes it is, with pranayama, bandha and mudra, I can voluntary activate, or it happens spontaneously but that is the ecstatic bliss.

3. During practice this can bring me to 7th heaven, the outcome is Samyama, share it and sometimes the need to self-pace

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, So-Hi.. Please do the share the ways.

quote:

On Number 3.I'm here going on in life with the sweetness and beaming. The density of the body is lighter and everything flows. The witness disappears.

Please do make #3. Understood in different words tell us about sweetness and beaming. Lets discuss the witness disappearing it is actually further down the line in my Q&A but this is an important tenant of AYP that deserves discussion.

Sweetness= Joy, soaring high.
Beaming- I'm going to say the glow that Omsat was refering to.

Witness disappearing- Usually there is this unshakable peace and everything else in happening. I'm going through life with this unshakable peace. But when there is bliss- the unshakable peace disappears. There is only joy, everything is fully alive. There is no self reflection, self inquiry, samyama at this point. Everything is flowing.

Hope this is a good explanation.

Edited by - sunyata on Dec 15 2015 2:45:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  2:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Sunyata and yes very good explanation but maybe a little bit more on the disappearing of the witness.

I will reply with the ways if it means allot to you right now then send me a private message I will reply in kind.

Right now waiting to hear more from CharlieDog she does know and it is just a matter of her getting her words just right, she works hard at English and it shows with her clear writing.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Thanks, So-Hi.. Please do the share the ways.

quote:

Sweetness= Joy, soaring high.
Beaming- I'm going to say the glow that Omsat was refering to.

Witness disappearing- Usually there is this unshakable peace and everything else in happening. I'm going through life with this unshakable peace. But when there is bliss- the unshakable peace disappears. There is only joy, everything is fully alive.

Hope this is a good explanation.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
maybe a little bit more on the disappearing of the witness

Similar to the stage in spiritual development, when the personality dissolves. The "I" dissolves but the world is still here. This was very disorienting for me as this was spontaneous with no prior knowledge or practice. In the same way the witness disappears. The being that experiences that peace disappears, there is only joy, effortless.

Second try
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  3:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Second try was perfect. Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2015 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to express bliss and practice. First I came here on the forums to share experiences, to learn. It was fun, seeking for words, improve at the same time my English. But now I notice resistance. Resistance to share. Last weeks I shared and then removed, why?

Because writing also is my inner guru, I learn more and get more and more clarity in this.
This clarity tells me that first I did practice, I practiced physically, it felt sometimes clunky and sometimes, nice, and sometimes ecstatic.
This kept me coming back to practice. Bhakti was and is high in me.

When I want do do something I want to improve and keep as much out of it as is possible. That was and is me.

But gradually practice changed. Bliss is alway's there as that peaceful, warm glow.
And now came these questions, and I thought ok let's answer them.

But there is resistance, why ? Is the reason my English? How about my own language then?

And now I know, it is in the middle of the night here and I stand up to write this down, because now I have the words to say, they came to me when I woke up some minutes ago.

It is because I am not the doer, I go to my practice, I start, and it is because of my longterm practices that somehow I disappear. It is not me, It is just as the bliss, it happens.
Somewhere on the road, it changed from physical practice to" be practiced".

The beauty of the bliss, evolving, growing, love, ecstasy. It is all there, but every word I would use is not it. 7th heaven is existing, but I can not claim it. It happens.

Just a while ago I read somewhere and I don't know anymore who wrote it here, "meditation became my mistress, is the love affair I was longing for."

Well that comes close, that is why I remember them but they are also not it. The only words which can describe this is poetry.

Seventh heaven exists, but I am not the doer, and I will not try to explain. I can only share bliss and love, but that is also not me who is doing it.

So-Hi this is the best I can do for now, good questions!

Practice and it will reveal itself when time has come

Edited by - Charliedog on Dec 15 2015 7:36:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  03:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Apart from my regular meditation sittings where peaceful or/and ecstatic bliss is almost always achieved, what triggers bliss in daily life is Truth. 'Truth' as right words e.g. when I am talking about Truth, I get very passionate and bliss out; Truth as right action when I spontaneously do the right thing; Truth as right thinking; Truth when recognized in the words of others such as when reading or listening to something by a Master or my next door neighbour. Truth is a vibration-raiser and trigger of bliss and I recognize it as a direct measure of rightness.

Sey

P.S. And now I am blissed out

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  05:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Oh Omsat,
I had the same response( triggers- taking you out of bliss). Both responses were excellent, please repost.

Only the double post was deleted, dear.
Thank you

Edited by - Omsat on Dec 16 2015 05:16:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000