Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Food and upward energy.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  1:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am a 39 year old south Asian male. I weigh 130 pounds. I have done 2000 - 3000 hours of vipassana meditation practice, which consist of watching breath and body sensations (S N Goenka tradition) in the past TEN years. I do not do AYP "I AM" or the spinal breathing as I had some adverse reaction when I undertook them. I practiced tantra for 2 years and started to feel lethargic and tired. I have stopped tantra since the past 2 years.

For the past 2 years, there are some sensations always going on in my head and on top of my head. I have not done any spiritual practice for the past 2 years. No tantric activity or any vipassana. I have been doing a lot of self pacing. I keep myself involved in household chores and my work. But still there are these sensations in my head.

I want to add that I am have sex only once a month . When I indulge in tantric sex with ejaculation I feel much drained. I feel fatigued and have overload when I indulge in tantric sex without ejaculation Hence I am practicing less sex.

I get uncomfortable sensations in my head after eating food. I usually eat healthy vegetarian food. As soon as I eat food I start experiencing these sensations mostly in the crown chakra area and in the third eye chakra area for an hour or half and they are really troublesome. It gets worse if I eat sugars.

My question is
1. Do people with kundalini have these symptoms of uncomfortable sensation in head after eating food? If so is there a way out of it.

I have gotten my glucose tests and blood test and brain MRI done and they are all normal. I do self pacing a lot but of no help.

I would really appreciate any input in this regard as I am at my wits end.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2014 :  12:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello vd007

I am sorry to hear you are still having troubles with unruly energies after eating.

I don't have a quick solution to your problem, but some of my experiences in the past have some similarities to what you are describing, so I thought it might help you to hear about it.

Like you, I started on a spiritual path and then I stopped. Some twenty years ago I started doing hatha yoga. After a couple of years of fairly intensive, regular practice I stopped. (Not because I had any problems - on the contrary, I was feeling amazing, but I discovered some very doubtful things about the yoga method of that particular school and I decided I had to say goodbye to them.) It was my intention to find another teacher who could guide me though advanced yoga, but sadly I was not able to find any for a long, long time. Long story short, after all these years without a sensible yoga routine (just a few asanas every now and then) I started feeling worse and worse. Some of the problems you are describing remind me of some of my own difficulties. I started to suffer from fatigue, although it was not related to sex. It was in fact the counterpart of chronic stress – these two are the two sides of the same coin, with plenty of scientific literature to prove it. I'm wondering if in your case sex leads to relaxation and perhaps this is when you begin to feel the tiredness that you otherwise suppress by tensing up?

I had problems with my diet too. Sugars and chocolate were making me feel over-energised in an unpleasant way – the resulting energy was feeding my stress.

The way I see it is this: Starting to work with my energies those 20 years ago was like starting to cultivate a garden. When I stopped my yoga, the garden got neglected. The genie never really got back into the bottle, it just started to do its own thing outside my control. Last year I finally discovered AYP. Getting back to regular meditations was the best thing I have ever done. I find I am quite sensitive to practices and I am self-pacing very carefully. I get all sorts of sensations in a variety of places from the root to the third eye. There is also a buzz around the crown (which I do not favour), which worried me in the beginning, but it's stable and not unpleasant, so I'm OK with it. My point is, taking up yoga again has not always been a walk in the park - at times I seemed to get worse before I got better and there are still challenges along the way, but I believe it was the only way to take control again. The energy is developing, but it's no longer feeding the stress. And my fatigue has subsided after about 8 months or regular meditation.

So, based on my personal experience, my suggestion to you is to try and find a meditation method that works for you. Also I find that Yogani's strategy of focusing on the third eye (as opposed to the crown) makes a lot of sense. Have you tried directing your attention towards the third eye when you get the sensations around the crown?
I read in a previous post you didn't get on with spinal breathing Have you tried it in very small doses i.e. just a few breaths/no more than a couple of minutes per sitting?

I hope this might be some useful food for thought. Best of luck in finding a solution to your problem. In any case keep looking and keep trying things
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2014 :  4:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello vd007

I will suggest to follow the following link as looks like you are sensitive meditator as me and this techinque helped me a lot.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14490

PKJ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000