Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Slow Mantra repetitions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Horst

Austria
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  12:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I've browsed through this forum and didn't find anything regarding my issue: I posted before, saying I seem to be an over-sensitive meditator and changed to breath awareness instead of the Mantra meditation. Breath awareness works fine for me, although I still have to skip a session once in a while to avoid overwhelm. Now, I've found out that doing the Mantra meditation with breaks, pauses inbetween the Mantra works very well for me regarding inner silence. Depending on my state of mind, I might start off with normal frequency of repetition and then have longer pauses inbetween, which can be of any lenght up to a few minutes - depending how active my thinking mind is. So far so good.

BUT, then I thought, is this still Deep Meditation as intended or rather going into Samyama (for which different Mantras/Sutras are used?

Would be grateful for any opinion!

Horst

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  4:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Horst

i was thinking off starting on this topic today to share some experiences as I am over sensitive meditator as well. Now if you go through the Yogini's lesson below it is very well written and i have

http://www.aypsite.org/367.html

personnel experiences to validate some of the things said over there. In my case over sensitivity came with the Kundilini awakening as i am doing Yoga, meditation long time (10 years) but only one and half year ago when K started moving (Crown opening) it is totally different. So my oversensitivity is to do with K awakening. Now i tried mantra meditation and SBP both does overloads me as well. Even alternate breathing can overload. Now going by Yogini's lesson I can tell from personnel experience mindful meditation works for me. I have tried it but sometimes oversensitive meditators are generally sensitive as well. so sometimes it is difficult to say if it is overloading or not as there is slight fear factor as well.

Now but I found out myself if i sometime open my eyes and just be mindful when i am starting the meditation and after sometimes when I am ready I will close my eyes it is very helpful. It will delay the transcending because sometime even with the mindful med. just by closing eyes it automatically goes to 3rd eye and then overloads. So idea is to delay the transcending and too much purification. So I wanted to share this if you open your eyes and be just mindful and then close it when u r ready it will not overloads. i think in Yoga it is called Chit mudra. i find this to be very useful in addition to the Yogini's lesson. True verfication will be during the day if you feel better then it is working. I have tried many things but this really helps.

Now to answer your question if it is meditation or Samayama. I think yogini mentioned oversensitive meditators can do three things. Mindful breath meditation, Samyama and service. Now in my opinion there is shuttle diffeence between Samyama and meditation for the over sensitive meditators but they keep on going back and forth between two. so at the end of the day if it is working without overloading then i will continue. As for the oversensitive meditators it is important to establish the silence then rest of the things will follow.

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  5:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is such a fascinating topic because I love understanding the technique as well. I guess what is often so hard to comprehend is how SIMPLE the technique actually is. Breaking down the meaning of "easily favoring" has helped me find some clarity. Easily: with minimal effort, naturally, without strain or force. Favoring: giving preference to, lightly choosing one thing over another, leaning towards.

So, in the process of easily favoring, the rhythm can vary greatly. There is no deliberate effort to put pauses between the mantra, but if in the process of easily favoring the mantra, long pauses do arise, that is fine. That is often the case with me.

Here's a great forum post Yogani provided (after I thoroughly badgered him about the aspect of rhythm and repetition):
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13671
Go to Top of Page

Horst

Austria
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  08:09:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your interesting input. And, yes, there are so many fascinating aspects in this technique. For me personally, the phrase "easily favoring" started to make all the difference to my meditation practice. Even though I have read loads of books from many teachers over many years, and always read and heard about the importance of one's inner attitude to meditation - but it only clicked with me, when I read that "easily favoring" - "that's the procedure" ... only then did I deeply comprehend how to use a technique... That's truly a simple but powerful stroke of genius by Yogani. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000