Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Help identify intense state of mind...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tantrala

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  01:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

My yogini partner and I have been practicing tantra in partnership for about 6 months. We practice anywhere from 2-5 hours in union 2-3 times a week. She has 15 years experience as a yoga instructor, has studied Chi Gong and has been an astral traveler for years. She is also hyper-multi orgasmic.

She'll get into a state of pure ecstasy and have maybe 100 orgasms in the course of an hour. All the while the energy is moving between us through the microcosmic orbit. We both are deep in a pure state of bliss and I personally experience many full body orgasms and an orgasmic state. We both have had periods where our minds stop and I have seen the moon and stars on several occasions.

What's been happening lately is we get to a point after several hours and she gets this intense pressure in her central channel and she says it's like sparklers are shooting off up and down her spine. Her third eye is cold and she said is feels like an ice cream brain freeze.

When she gets to this point, she needs to stop and the feeling lasts for a few hours and slowly dissipates. This last weekend was VERY intense - far more than it's even been. She has female ejaculations and probably lost a 1/2 gallon of fluid in one 4 hour session. Since then she's been drained and has felt kind of out of it. She says she's now not sure if she wants to keep going that far in Tantric union for awhile.

My question is have you heard of the sensations she's describing? Can you share any insight on what these might be? This is new territory for us and no one we know even in the Tantra world experiences states so intense for so long. Thanks in advance for any help!

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  9:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'm drained just reading this. If you're partner keeps this pace she may turn inside out! . I suggest dialing it back and get rubber sheets.
Go to Top of Page

tantrala

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2013 :  5:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Noted!

Truthfully though we are sincerely trying to figure out about this state she enters into - what are the "sparklers" going up and down her spine and what is the significance of the cold headache at her Ajna chakra?

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Wow, I'm drained just reading this. If you're partner keeps this pace she may turn inside out! . I suggest dialing it back and get rubber sheets.

Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2013 :  10:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tanrala,

Things like brain freeze can be very common. A male-female energy loop is created that can cause intense purification. The powerful joint energy "hits" issues/fears/obstructions along the central channel that can feel like sparklers (and much more). Most likely the joint energy and resulting purification helped take your partner deeper (or higher) in consciousness. The deeper level at first can create a cool/cold feeling as one gets used to the greater energy needs of the depth. It can also create a spacey or out of it feeling for a while.

Sounds like very good things are happening with your "joint purification". The only concern is that 1/2 gallon seems like a lot of fluid loss. As Dogboy suggested, you may want to cut back on the time, or try working on just the joint energy flows periodically.

Best wishes,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  12:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Tantrala,

There are many possible manifestations of kundalini and/or purification which can take a variety of forms, including what you have described. Just "scenery," as we say here.

More importantly, however, is the practice itself. You said "100 orgasms" and she is losing lots of fluid. Unfortunately that is NOT tantra in the classical sense. (We recently discussed this in another thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13481) This modern obsession with female ejaculation is a fad which, while certainly interesting in its own right, has little to do with tantric sex as such. Classical tantric sex as taught here at AYP and also at my school, HOY, is pre-orgasmic = "bramacharya" = "the preservation and cultivation of divine energy" where both the male and female fluids (which contain the divine energy) are preserved. The whole idea is to retain that energy and recycle it into higher channels. The tantric orgasm, rather than flowing down and outward as in conventional sex, is transformed and drawn up the spine so that it becomes sort of a whole-body orgasmic state.

What your partner is experiencing was exactly my concern addressed in the other thread, namely, that people are being told this is "tantric yoga" when in fact it isn't. As exciting as her orgasms may be, they are also draining. The coldness could certainly be a result of the energy drain. I promise that if she learns to channel the orgasm upward instead of outward, the experience will be rejuvenating, rather than draining. My recommendation would be when she feels that "spurt" is about to happen stop, relax, breathe slowly and deeply, and bring the focus up to the heart chakra, then on exhale do mulabandha while focusing at the third eye. If she thinks the genital orgasm is intense with the fluid spurting out, she'll be amazed how much more intense it is going up the spine instead!

Ideally, you want the same directional flow of energy in tantric sex as in the solo sitting practices. With 15 years' experience as a yoga instructor I'm sure this will not be difficult for her, assuming she is familiar with spinal breathing, etc. (as opposed to mere asana).

Of course, you will usually get some kind of kundalini phenomena happening as long as there is energy moving and purification going on, so self-pacing is important here just as in the sitting practices, but you can avoid the more draining experiences simply by staying pre-orgasmic w/ regard to genital orgasm, and preserving the fluids. I hope that is helpful. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

Dear Tantrala,

There are many possible manifestations of kundalini and/or purification which can take a variety of forms, including what you have described. Just "scenery," as we say here.

More importantly, however, is the practice itself. You said "100 orgasms" and she is losing lots of fluid. Unfortunately that is NOT tantra in the classical sense. (We recently discussed this in another thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13481) This modern obsession with female ejaculation is a fad which, while certainly interesting in its own right, has little to do with tantric sex as such. Classical tantric sex as taught here at AYP and also at my school, HOY, is pre-orgasmic = "bramacharya" = "the preservation and cultivation of divine energy" where both the male and female fluids (which contain the divine energy) are preserved. The whole idea is to retain that energy and recycle it into higher channels. The tantric orgasm, rather than flowing down and outward as in conventional sex, is transformed and drawn up the spine so that it becomes sort of a whole-body orgasmic state.

What your partner is experiencing was exactly my concern addressed in the other thread, namely, that people are being told this is "tantric yoga" when in fact it isn't. As exciting as her orgasms may be, they are also draining. The coldness could certainly be a result of the energy drain. I promise that if she learns to channel the orgasm upward instead of outward, the experience will be rejuvenating, rather than draining. My recommendation would be when she feels that "spurt" is about to happen stop, relax, breathe slowly and deeply, and bring the focus up to the heart chakra, then on exhale do mulabandha while focusing at the third eye. If she thinks the genital orgasm is intense with the fluid spurting out, she'll be amazed how much more intense it is going up the spine instead!

Ideally, you want the same directional flow of energy in tantric sex as in the solo sitting practices. With 15 years' experience as a yoga instructor I'm sure this will not be difficult for her, assuming she is familiar with spinal breathing, etc. (as opposed to mere asana).

Of course, you will usually get some kind of kundalini phenomena happening as long as there is energy moving and purification going on, so self-pacing is important here just as in the sitting practices, but you can avoid the more draining experiences simply by staying pre-orgasmic w/ regard to genital orgasm, and preserving the fluids. I hope that is helpful. Enjoy!

I agree with the part about it being scenery (symptoms of purification), but I wonder if there is really any great loss of vital energy along with the loss of fluid. The altered states of conscious appear to contradict the theory that there is loss of energy. But I'm no expert.

A lot of what I've seen in Tantra is developed for men, and I wonder if the same principles apply to women.

I've read taoist texts that say that women lose vital energy through menstruation instead of through orgasms. These books also appear to say that breast stimulation and lots of orgasms will decrease the menstrual flow. (Currently trying to test this theory, as menorrhagia has been something of a mainstay in my life, and I would love to have a decreased flow. )

But regardless of all that... self-pacing is definitely needed. There's a lifetime to devote to the divine. Why push things and rush? Yoga is done with comfort and ease.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. It sound a lot like "new tantra", play with energies. It can get really cool, but doesn't necessarily bring you forward on the journey. Totally agree on the above written pre-orgasmic practice, and self-pacing is definitely recommended. Then, after finding balance, after a few months (?) or as long as needed - it might be interesting to try "less is more". Go into meditation and just see what a finger touch can bring.

Perhaps this Q and A may bring some clarity: What can I do if the Goddess cannot withhold orgasm during connection?http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=724
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2013 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, thanks for the link, emc! I like the bit about "in her own time." I don't feel the call yet. I'm just getting over my inhibitions, so I feel like it's time to party a bit!

Hi Radharani! I know you have a lot (like decades ) more experience with yoga than I do. It seems my nature to doubt and ask questions anyway.

P.S. Actually, it's more like I'm losing my fear, and it's about time too!

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, tantrala. Wish you and your partner well.

Edited by - whippoorwill on Oct 27 2013 03:40:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  12:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill
...texts that say that women lose vital energy through menstruation instead of through orgasms. These books also appear to say that breast stimulation and lots of orgasms will decrease the menstrual flow.

This is hard to size up for a man, but anyways: There are some Tantric sects that claim the same things, and those women even practice Asana variants that boost that decrease.

The male body is more either-or (losing either none of, or all of its energy), but the female body doesn't seem to have much of a distinction - rather, a continuum of points along different scales/shades (depending on how long her preorgasmic ecstasy is, her mood, where in her yoni the orgasm starts, etc.)
What I (as a parner) might feel is a female orgasm might rather be an intense ecstasy - and vice versa. So I do agree with the thread reference above: We've some definition challenges there - what exactly is/isn't a female orgasm (a very fine line... plus how do we know for sure without a disturbing heap of medical electronics in the bed )

Just like with Asanas and meditation, how she feels afterward matters, too: If she feels/looks depleted, it probably wasn't too close to Tantra. If she doesn't, you're probably very close or spot on. Regardless, the man should stay away from ejaculation (no matter the exact shade of her ecstasy/joy/orgasm/whatever), which is easier and more natural in stillness, co-breathing meditations, and so on - but, equally important in all her states or shades. No point in blaming her for any of those

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even on a purely biological level, genital orgasm is a release of tension. The energy builds up and then is released in a downward and outward flow. Tantric practice is just the opposite. If you've experienced both you can clearly feel the difference even on a physical level.

As for the female ejaculate and whether or not it depletes prana, even those who advocate its expulsion DO in fact claim that it is full of the subtle energy, which is why they "use" it for healing and other magic/ritual purposes. This is also why/how women have been exploited in some "tantric" schools which encourage the fluid to be released.

There is a fine line with female orgasm, as HathaTeacher pointed out; it is a spectrum from outward-exploding genital orgasm, to a deeper more inward pulsation, to shooting up the spine and out the top of the head. Being a woman, having experienced all of these and pretty much everything along that spectrum, including the "spurting" variety discussed above, in my experience the latter definitely falls into the outward/ energy-expending category.

Again, I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this per se, just that it is not classical tantra in the sense that is taught here at AYP or HOY or other traditional tantric schools, and that if you expel such a large amount of vital fluid, male or female, on a regular basis you are most likely going to be depleted.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2013 :  6:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s. Whippoorwill, best wishes to you re: the menorrhagia! I have that, too (perimenopausal), and have yet to find anything that makes a difference. For me, orgasm helps with the cramping but not the flow. Amaroli was supposed to help but didn't, although I haven't done that in a while, might try it again...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000