Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra rehabilitation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  3:49:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hail All!

This is my first post and I'm blessed to have stumbled upon this site a few months back when searching for guidance on starting a meditation practice. I have been a yoga student for nine years and had never given meditation a passing thought. Raising an autistic child and dealing with other "stressors" planted the seed, which has sprouted and flourished! My life has changed with my embrace of the silent witness! Forever in debt to Yogini for his guidance!

In 2010 I had a cancerous prostate removed surgically. Good news = no cancer. Bad news = no erection. I had an excellent surgeon who managed to spare the nerves and was continent within months (the urethra needed to be severed and reattached to the bladder with prostate removal). I was told my potency would return, in some capacity, over the following couple of years. Internet research and cancer blogs are abound with tales of botched surgeries and problematic recovery from erectile dysfunction, so I decided to take matters into my own hands, pun intended.

I devised a daily routine of yoga asanas, pranayama (especially kumbacca and spinal breathing), a vacuum pump to jump start erection, and visualization techniques ( after studying the mechanics of engorgement and tracing the flow of blood with the mind's eye; placed attention on the severed nerves and imagined them reconnecting). I also put effort into Bhakti; played with desire and passion through breath and gentle touch and incorporated mirror work. I put on music and danced and generally had fun every day. For my efforts I became fully functional again, and my libido rivals the level of my teen years!

With no prostate, there is no ejaculation, and found I wasn't "depleted" from orgasm; however from some posts here on AYP, I realized I still wasted energy spilling out rather than up and in. Thanks to the information found here, I am preorasmic in masturbation and have learned to draw up when making love to my wife. This has helped my silent witness in meditation, tracing the energy flows and bliss and self-pacing, especially by Bhakti! My kundalini is definitely active but I am in no rush to push the limits, especially after reading some of these posts.

Would love to hear other stories of rehabilitations. Blessings!

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  05:44:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dogboy,

Welcome to AYP, and good for you! Your postsurgical success is very inspiring. My father had the same surgery for prostate cancer and he was not so fortunate. I'm glad you were able to heal from that, and that you and your wife are enjoying the tantric method as well as the AYP yogic methods in general.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2013 :  10:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Radharani for the welcome! The ordeal proved to me I can overcome with directed intention and spiritual resolve, and to not let fear take the driver's seat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000