Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 amrita
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  05:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Been crazy busy lately with work - will post more in the near future, but just wanted to pass this along now before I lose the link. One of my Wiccan friends posted this on FB. I'm curious to hear your opinions. I'm too tired at the moment to really organize and express my sarcastic thoughts about it. I did post in response a brief explanation of the nectar cycle and linked to AYP Lesson 133, which I am sure will be ignored or refuted by the Priestesses.
http://www.whyarewewhispering.com/q..._nectar.html

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  12:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hahaha such a funny article
female ejaculation is now amrita?!!

Edited by - maheswari on Oct 04 2013 04:01:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2013 :  10:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While said "Priestess" seems a tad confused about just exactly what Amrita really is, the propagation of misinformation is the real danger on this path. Also, this organization and many others like it, seem kind of in the dark about where and how Amrita is specifically released.

That being said, it is my heartfelt wish that she finds her way up to the higher glands and experiences a more refined and transmuted form of "nectar". But despite the gross misunderstanding of Tantra, the exploitation what-not, about the true nature of Amrita, it was still a hilarious read! And I do agree 100% with her basic premise, that Amrita is most assuredly not pee... Lol

While her intentions seem largely sincere, although transparently based on self-promotion and the incremental accumulation of $$$, there seem to be some major misnomers taught, around just how one inter-phases with the Divine Field and more so, what Tantra truly is all about. My only worry is that far too many naive seekers are being exploited in the process or bilked out of their savings, for this sort of "initiation".

I certainly can't and wont judge these practices... but on my own journey revolves around raising the serpentine energy vertically. I feel that it is the direct route to releasing the flood of Amrita within the brain-core. The essence of Amrita is the nectarine tear of the Ajna and it is, as we Yogins have all experience for ourselves, derived from union with Brahman/God.

I may be simplifying things a bit, but it was my understanding that Tantra was about transmutation, transformational integration and transcendence. May we all send loving, healing thoughts and prayers their way. All roads lead us homewards (eventually).

Edited by - Govinda on Oct 04 2013 2:50:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2013 :  1:41:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi friends,

I just now read lesson 133:
http://www.aypsite.org/133.html

Beautiful teaching. Excellent for people who through grace or practices become ripe for it and have the experience.

There are many ways to use the language of yoga, and various groups, AYP included, have their own special twist on the tradition. It is what it is. Live and let live.

Be

Edited by - bewell on Oct 05 2013 3:29:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  04:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My dear Bewell, your link is recursive - it bounces back to THIS thread; you might want to edit the link. But, I went to lesson 133 and yes, it explains the situation very clearly.

"Live and let live," certainly. but I agree with Govinda w/ regard to such modern aberrations being perhaps unhelpful to naive seekers. I will address that in my next post. LOVE to you!

Edited by - Radharani on Oct 05 2013 04:54:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  05:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheswari and Govinda,

I did some more research on this and discovered, to my amazement - and I am old and quite jaded so thought I'd heard it all - that there is a new branch of [so-called] "tantra" in the west which emphasizes this approach, namely, "enlightenment" through female sexuality, and specifically, through the release of "amrita" in this manner. To summarize, (and I admit perhaps I'm oversimplifying), these folks state that tantra is primarily Goddess worship and specifically, through sex. In their view the Divine is attained through sex with a Priestess. Woman holds the key to enlightenment in and through her body, and man must come to her for that gift. I had a discussion with one of these Priestesses and suggested that in HOY, as in AYP, tantric yoga is ultimately a balanced union of opposites, the God and Goddess united in each of us, and we in turn, man and woman doing that for each other. She responded that because society is so misogynistic, we need to reclaim the Goddess and reestablish the primacy of the Feminine as the Source of all life. IMO that is falling off the horse on the other side. But, that's the theoretical aspect.

Now, w/ regard to the practice: yeah, they are saying that amrita is the female fluid. Ok, to a certain extent that is true, in that the sexual fluids (both male and female) contain prana, and when they are recycled by being drawn up the spine, they contribute to the nectar cycle. BUT - and this brings us to Govinda's objection as to misleading newbies - as we know here at AYP and also at HOY, and any traditional tantric school, really, the idea is to PRESERVE that prana! NOT expel it! That is, after all, the premise behind our pre-orgasmic tantric practices.

By contrast, some of the modern western "tantric priestesses" whose blogs I read suggest just the opposite. One even stated, (to paraphrase), "The more a women releases her amrita, the more purified, energized and glowing and vital she will become." This is just obviously false. As we know, expending the sexual fluids (in whatever manner) depletes the prana, especially when it is done to excess. I mean, yeah, to the extent that this fluid DOES contain amrita, it should be preserved rather than expelled.

But these modern western "tantric" teachers disregard all of the traditional wisdom in favor of a "feel good now" approach. They completely eschew sitting practices - or any real yogic "discipline" - in favor of seeking after the most intense genital orgasm, which they equate with "enlightenment" or "embodying the Goddess." Which is ok as far as it goes - I mean, like Bewell said,"live and let live." I have no problem with people seeking intense orgasms and enjoying whatever they like as long as nobody is harmed in the process. I guess it just bothers me that they are representing this as "yoga" when in fact, it isn't, and can be very confusing to newbies seeking real substance and finding this fluff instead. It kind of trivializes tantra.

Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  4:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fun. Whatever it is, I'm sure it smells and tastes great!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  2:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
(...)no problem with people seeking intense orgasms and enjoying whatever they like as long as nobody is harmed in the process. I guess it just bothers me that they are representing this as "yoga" when in fact, it isn't, and can be very confusing to newbies seeking real substance and finding this fluff instead. It kind of trivializes tantra.

Agreed. And genital-only orgasms narrow it down a lot more. In that sense, "neotantra" is a kin of a 15 minutes' "gym-yoga" pass...

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Oct 12 2013 2:09:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  02:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by HathaTeacher

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani
(...)no problem with people seeking intense orgasms and enjoying whatever they like as long as nobody is harmed in the process. I guess it just bothers me that they are representing this as "yoga" when in fact, it isn't, and can be very confusing to newbies seeking real substance and finding this fluff instead. It kind of trivializes tantra.

Agreed. And genital-only orgasms narrow it down a lot more. In that sense, "neotantra" is a kin of a 15 minutes' "gym-yoga" pass...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000