Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Siddhasana with a partner - how to?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tantrala

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2013 :  1:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am feeling drawn to bringing Siddhasana into my partner practice. I am fairly well endowed but still challenged by the physics of the posture. How do you seat her on top while in this position? We usually use YabYum but we are on a bed. Should we be on the floor on a yoga mat?

Tips welcomed!

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2013 :  05:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Tantrala,
My husband and I are quite adept at tantric sex and yet we have never found a successful and comfortable way to do YabYum. In order to approach this as siddhasana, ideally we need a position which can be maintained comfortably for some time, with the spine erect, without strain. We have not found this to be possible on the floor or in bed. In my youth, when I first learned tantric sex in college at age 17 when I was much more flexible, I could do it for a while with an adept partner, but at 50 it's just not comfortable for either of us. The best my husband and I can manage is for him to sit on something, e.g. the weight bench of the BandFlex machine, feet on floor, and I sit on his lap. This works ok mechanically in terms of the spine, but becomes uncomfortable on his thighs after a while. Likewise on a straight-back chair or office chair; we can get the position, but is it sustainable? So, we have pretty much given up on the seated posture. It looks fabulous in the statues and paintings but hasn't really worked for us. What we prefer, instead, is the "deep heaven" position where you lie kind of on your side facing, with legs scissored. This provides deep penetration and a comfortable position that can be maintained for a very long time, hours even, where you can easily meditate. This works really well for us.

If anybody else can please provide tips to make the seated position easier, I for one would love to hear about it!
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  1:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tantrala

endowed but still challenged by the physics of the posture.

So am I. I suppose this varies depending on flexibility, her weigt, long legs (which might be able to embrace you while sitting), etc. I feel less discomfort in half siddhasana (one foot on floor) on the bedside (given I change legs a few times... )

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Oct 12 2013 1:38:18 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000