Handling Weird Energy and Overall Transformation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 26 2006 :  6:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
We get a lot of postings asking about whether it's "ok" if we get flashes of heat or energy or other sorts of drama. I thought I'd share my observations.

I sometimes feel like I'm living an episode of Bewitched or something. Sometimes it feels like steam geysers are shooting out of my hands or arms, I get buzzing as if cell phones are going off in "vibrate" mode in different parts of my body. It's not "normal" stuff, it feels positively inhuman, and for a while it made me feel special.

But after a while, it stops feeling unusual (ala Bewitched). It's just stuff. If you get these little zany indications, don't be alarmed, your body's become a construction zone - and you have nothing to do with it anyway, so just let it happen. The letting it happen is part of the whole process, too. I don't pry/analyze/probe around much, which is surprising, because I'm the analytical type. It's just like "A nova just shot out of my nose. Heh-heh. Cool." I notice it with bland detachment.....very Beavis and Butthead.

And the practical applications are pretty much null. The energy effects don't allow me to "do" anything special, and nobody else notices or cares, and, really, it's all just side effect. The good stuff is that I'm gradually losing my tendency to love the universe less when I don't get my way and things aren't "just right".

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  10:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Expectation forsakes the prize, for the fight.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2006 :  11:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get weird vibrations too, and i haven't even had a kundalini stir yet. i've always had some weird vibrations, so I thought it was one of those. If I lay down and listen to music in the headphones, at the point where I almost drift off to sleep but am still listening, I feel the bass and drums in my feet. Years ago it startled me, and I would jerk off the headphones thinking somebody was knocking, or earthquake or explosion. Then I eventually noticed that it coincided with the music.
But now sometimes my body vibrates like that without music playing.
I think it's an earthquake, but realize it's a vibration, completely unlike any of the many earthquakes I've been in. I never attributed it to meditation, but now i'm wondering. . .
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2006 :  1:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does it start at your toes and then move up? You might be experiencing the nervous system in a sort of shutdown mode.

Feels tingly, and often, extremely extremely good.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2006 :  6:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consciousness transforms too...it's not simply buzzing parts in the body. It can become scary because you lose control. I have to try to stay away from all things spiritual, otherwise I start flowing and it affects my brain.

I even notice it when I come to this website, or when I go to church.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2006 :  11:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,
You never had control in the first place. It was an illusion. When you start to drop your delusion that you are in control, the energy that has always been around and in you (you're steeping in it...in fact, you ARE it) becomes more free-flowing. If it seems scary to lose your illusion of control, consider, by contrast, how well the so-called control has worked for you all your life. How much peace and happiness have you found by grasping for things and trying to make the world be as you'd like it? Does it feel enduringly great when you get the results you want? How does it feel when you don't? We're in hell. It doesn't get scarier than that. If you think about it, there's literally nothing to lose. So we might as well let it all go. You won't bump your head as you fall, promise.

Flowing is good. That's what the universe does, in spite of our determination to freeze ourselves and our environments into a static safe zone. But if you start feeling overwhelmed, take long walks. They're grounding. Your stillness is rock-steady and unchanging. So any disorientation is literally just in your mind. Just don't lead with your mind.

Oh, and the consciousness and the energy are one and the same. Everything's consciousness. It's unfathomably beautiful.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 08 2006 11:35:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  9:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice, Jim. It seems I just need to avoid all things spiritual. I was listening to the radio today and a piece of news came on about the pope, and they played a sound clip of him speaking in his native language. When he started talking "it" started happening intensely, so I had to shut it off and put on a rap cd. Otherwise I don't know what will happen to me..."it" is like a drug. Not good to have happen to me while driving...because my mind alters.

But even if I'm not driving, I still become afraid. I guess ultimately, I don't want to lose my life as it is. I'm afraid of that. Logically, I know I have no control. Yet, I have no control about how I feel about this. You know? It's not something that can simply be pacified by kind words, or by thinking rationally. It's just something I've gotta live through, and learn the hard way, it seems.

So I'm just trying to live my life now. I can't even go to church with my family without getting some weirdness. It's not even just energy anymore. Energy things happen in the body all the time, whether or not I do anything about it...but it's consciousness now. My sense of things in the world..my subjective experience...it changes when "it" happens.

All I can say is that whoever is on the path has my respect, because I'm almost too wimpy to continue on..if I have a choice, that is. All the talk I've done before about spirituality has been in vain. It was always about feeling like I was accomplishing something, I guess. Then when the reality of it hits me, I'm the one that's absolutely not ready. It's so easy to say "let go!" yet so so so so so so so so hard to actually do it...at least for me.

Anyway, thank you for your words Jim. I appreciate you trying to help me out. Hopefully it has helped in one way or another...unconsciously maybe.

I just want to say, also, that it's very easy to let things go when you're not forced to let things go. It's hard to let things go when you're confronted. And by letting things go, I mean mentally letting completely everything go. When you stand on the edge of a cliff not having packed your own parachute, but just trusting that it's been packed....I guess that's a good comparison. Or you're standing on the edge of a cliff...it'd be scarier to be pushed than to jump yourself. That's how it is with me lately, when "it" happens. "It" happening is like the unknown, and I'm about to dive into it head first. What's at stake here? Everything I've built up in this life. My relationships, my sanity...all the things I value can be torn to shreds. That's how it seems to me at least, when "it" begins happening.

Anyway, I don't mean to hijack your thread Jim. I just wanted to add that there's more to it than bodily changes. Way more. If you think about it, all of the chemicals and hormones being released as a result of the kundalini rising must cause great changes in how the brain functions. That's what it seems like to me, when "it" begins happening. That a chemical is being released by my body, and it begins reacting to it. It is kind of like crystal meth, which I have tried twice in my life. The same type of brain activity. To describe it with simple words: hyper awakeness...clarity. It's not what it seems like when you read those things, and you try to imagine what that would be like, of course. (Also, I hope no one tries crystal meth because of this. That drug ruined some of my friend's lives)

Hope this message has helped in some way. Maybe in bringing more understanding about the subject of kundalini.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2006 :  10:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

Thanks for sharing this.

This is what I understand too, that kundalini brings way more than bodily/energetic changes, it changes the entire consciousness of the individual from being ego-based to being universal. This includes, as you say, our values, beliefs and entire view of life. Kundalini will do this in any case, when she is active, whether we want it or not, there is no way to prevent it, except by making her dormant again. Resistance only causes pain or confusion.

This is where inner silence comes in, with enough inner silence the changes will not be overwhelming but can rather be seen as liberating. However, anyone who starts on this path should keep in mind (in my opinion) that they will be transformed and become one with God (can be expressed differently depending on one's faith, like Katrine so beautifully describes in being Home, or simply Being), and be aware of that "consequence", because that will be the ultimate outcome.

Edited by - weaver on Sep 10 2006 11:04:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  01:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott, if you're having kundalini energy issues, I completely understand what you're saying, and want to reassure you that a bit of grounding (which includes avoiding inspirating stuff, as you're doing) is helpful and appropriate. The problem is temporary, don't worry.

If that's not the issue, I believe that what you're experiencing is an emotional or mental issue.

But it sounds like the former. If so, your issue isn't with spirituality, the path, the practice, etc. it's just coping with a physical energy imbalance. I did, too (I carefully avoided music, art, attractive women, etc, for a couple weeks). It smooths out, don't worry. Long walks! And avoid spicy food, that's a big one. And if you have a skin rash, great. Watch it to gauge progress on the energy issue.

Things don't change as much as you think. Give it time. As you've noticed before, every opening brings a giddy feeling of bliss and excitement, and the impression that you're on the verge of something momentous. This is the mother of all openings. It's just more of that. Life goes on, believe me. You'll learn to integrate this, as you've integrated previous yoga openings.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 11 2006 01:45:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  05:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Scott
It is kind of like crystal meth, which I have tried twice in my life. The same type of brain activity. To describe it with simple words: hyper awakeness...clarity. It's not what it seems like when you read those things, and you try to imagine what that would be like, of course. (Also, I hope no one tries crystal meth because of this. That drug ruined some of my friend's lives)

Hope this message has helped in some way. Maybe in bringing more understanding about the subject of kundalini.

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for sharing so much of your experience, so openly - I fully respect where you're coming from, and genuinely appreciate your comments.

I have also tried crystal meth - a bit more than twice.

It's as "bad news" as a chemical can be (and in my opinion, is by far the worst drug ever created - makes heroin seem benign) - but addiction to anything, especially strong chemicals, can ruin your life and/or kill your body.

If, per your post, someone is interested in similar experiences, I do recommend they try AYP, and specifically Tantric Sexual practices, instead of crystal meth.

Why?

As some reading this likely know, stimulating the second chakra - sexual energies, specifically -- acts as kind of a turbo-charger to Kundalini - and ultimately, over time (per AYP Tantra Lessons, and other yogic information) the essence of sexual energy is literally changed, and raised up through the sadhaka's system, to enhance its evolution.

How does this relate to what you wrote about crystal meth?

Well, as you may know, in recent decades, Western science has mapped the chakras to the body's endocrine system -- and related biochemical activities and effects.

One of the main bodily systems stimulated when sexual energy is activated is the adrenal system - which in turns gives us some of the common effects of sexual stimulation - dilated pupils, increased heartbeat, rapid breathing, etc.

When we snort a line of crystal meth, one of the main bodily systems that is activated is the adrenal system - which in turns gives us some of the common effects of crystal methamphetamine use - dilated pupils, increased heartbeat, rapid breathing, etc.

So, it's no wonder that some of the effects "seem" similar -- neurophysiologically, they are!

I would just much rather get there by caressing a beautiful female partner, than by nasally ingesting powdered poison.

And seriously, though - I've told some of my long-term friends (who knew me in my "never met a substance I didn't like" days) that the ecstatic conductivity I experience now, is FAR better than the best combination of all the sex and drugs I ever experienced.

Yogic bliss IS that great!

And I do fully respect that the way through can be scary.

I certainly don't know how to advise you there, other than to simply remind you that the guru is in you.

And, that the bumps get smaller, and the payoff gets bigger, as you continue.

Even today (all weekend, actually), I've had some weird stuff come roaring to the surface - very acutely -- memories from when I was in high school, or in my 20s -- strongly enough that I once shouted out a terse scream / shout, and another time, simply "F***!!"

(I don't know how the forum is regarding profanity -- but knowing it's all-ages, thought I should "asterisk appropriately"!)

The nature of the exclamation was my own sense of guilt, over the way I'd been in a given situation (different ones; little vignettes or memories popping up.)

Nothing like this has happened in years.

When it would happen before, I'd kind of obsess, or be afraid of "more".

Now, it's like, "Oh - weird --- but just thoughts. Just emotions. Some purification stuff going on. If it gets to be too much, I'll back off -- but maybe good to let it go, too."

Like that.

So, very un-fun -- but recent progress has enabled me not to be bowled over by it, and to realize that it's likely a good thing / release, as long as I can handle it -- and so far, it seems I can.

I used to let my mind scare me away from things. I don't do that any more. Doesn't mean I don't still get plenty scared at times - I just no longer think myself down roads that aren't in my best interest, by letting my mind run with "what if this?" and "what if that?"(hopefully; no claims to perfection in that, or anything else, mind you).

And I'm not saying this is how you should proceed -- just as you don't want someone trying meth due to your post, I don't want to hear that you drove off the road, because you let "it" happen fully, due to my post!

By all means, let your inner wisdom be your guide.

The guru IS in you.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  11:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Weaver,

Thanks for your reply.

quote:
However, anyone who starts on this path should keep in mind (in my opinion) that they will be transformed and become one with God (can be expressed differently depending on one's faith, like Katrine so beautifully describes in being Home, or simply Being), and be aware of that "consequence", because that will be the ultimate outcome.

There's a big difference in hearing or reading that, which seems great, versus going through it. Though I'm sure it's not as scary or devastating for everyone. Only for those with big nasty egos...like myself. Thanks again, Weaver.

Jim,

Thank you as well. You've always got level headed replies, which are the best kind.

quote:
Scott, if you're having kundalini energy issues, I completely understand what you're saying, and want to reassure you that a bit of grounding (which includes avoiding inspirating stuff, as you're doing) is helpful and appropriate. The problem is temporary, don't worry.

If that's not the issue, I believe that what you're experiencing is an emotional or mental issue.

But it sounds like the former. If so, your issue isn't with spirituality, the path, the practice, etc. it's just coping with a physical energy imbalance. I did, too (I carefully avoided music, art, attractive women, etc, for a couple weeks). It smooths out, don't worry. Long walks! And avoid spicy food, that's a big one. And if you have a skin rash, great. Watch it to gauge progress on the energy issue.

Thanks...I'm sure it will smooth out. I think it's a combination of the energy and an emotional/mental issue. It's my feeling of being in control that's being threatened when the energy stirs.

As for grounding, I try to live my whole life as grounding. I take several long walks a day...never meditate anymore...never do kundalini yoga activities...try to avoid reading anything about it...if I'm thinking about it I try to move onto something else. I eat a normal diet, without much spice...even though I do really like spicy mexican dishes.

So I think I'm definitely good on grounding.

quote:
Things don't change as much as you think. Give it time. As you've noticed before, every opening brings a giddy feeling of bliss and excitement, and the impression that you're on the verge of something momentous. This is the mother of all openings. It's just more of that. Life goes on, believe me. You'll learn to integrate this, as you've integrated previous yoga openings.

Very true.

Kirtanman,

Thank you for sharing YOUR experiences. Namaste.

quote:
And I'm not saying this is how you should proceed -- just as you don't want someone trying meth due to your post, I don't want to hear that you drove off the road, because you let "it" happen fully, due to my post!

LOL. Don't worry, I'm too big of a wuss I think.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm sure it will smooth out. I think it's a combination of the energy and an emotional/mental issue. It's my feeling of being in control that's being threatened when the energy stirs.

quote:

I...never meditate anymore...

Now I get it. I understand exactly what you're describing and what you're experiencing. Your kundalini awoke prematurely, before you had sufficient stillness to live harmoniously with it, and it's creating stress because you are not at peace enough to allow the energy to direct you.

This is not a conflict you will ever "work out" with your cognitive mind. The best route is to unclench and get clearer on how things really are beyond the drama of the tempestuous, grasping narrative mind. I'd strongly suggest you cultivate stillness (not increase energy, not make big changes in your life, just cultivate stillness), and that can ONLY happen via meditation.

My strong suggestion is that you resume meditation (following AYP instructions (which is likely different than the meditation you'd previously done), suspending all energy-cultivating practices. Enough energy! I'd meditate in simple cross legged position, in bed with a pillow propped up behind your lumbar. No siddhasana, no asanas, no extras or tricks. Don't direct your mind, just let the mantra "do" you, like an internal masseuse.

If you're not happy with the result (judge results by real world feelings later on, not by the experiences during meditation), shorten the meditation time a bit.

I'd really urge this, Scott. My kundalini also awoke before I'd gotten far enough in stillness. I didn't quite hit the hump you're hitting, but I understand it. You're in a beautiful position to cultivate the stillness that will resolve the conflict. Just keep it real real simple.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  3:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

Do you think it will work itself out, without meditating? It seems to me that meditating will just make it more intense. Meditation is the only possible way to stillness? I figured just living would eventually even itself out and bring stillness...and a balanced kind of stillness at that. I am not sure..what do you think?

The Maha Siddha guru I had been talking with said to not meditate anymore, as well. That I was just simply not ready for the path..."far far far from ready". Dealing with that guru was tough, because it seemed like there was a blockage in communication despite us both speaking the same language. She thought I was arguing when I was just simply seeking answers.

But about this whole thing...don't get me wrong. My situation is not too bad right now. If this is a premature awakening, then I hit the jackpot because it's a piece of cake. I've heard some real horror stories. Like people going nuts, and not knowing what they were doing. Kind of like LSD trips. I've experienced nothing like that.

quote:
The best route is to unclench and get clearer on how things really are beyond the drama of the tempestuous, grasping narrative mind.

That's exactly the route that I seem to feel the best about taking. K.I.S.S. "Keep it simple, Scott!"

I just don't feel comfortable sitting still and meditating. Especially cross legged.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  10:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Do you think it will work itself out, without meditating?

No. Energy issues work themselves out over time. Silence/stillness comes from meditation. If you don't cultivate it, it gets plastered over with the residues of the preoccupations of daily life. And having had a taste of higher states, you'll find it extra horrible sinking back into that muck (it'll become apparent how far you've sunk when things don't go your way and you find yourself CAUGHT). The problem is that the sinking happens faster and less consciously than the purifying, so it's like a ratchet wrench going the wrong way (hope that weirdo image is somewhat picturesque for you!). That's why I'm suggesting meditation with a good deal of vehemence.

If you're really concerned about meditating, balance with extra walking, physical exercise, and (as you're already doing a great job doing) staying level-headed and grounded. You're not looking to go places or develop anything. You just need to empty out and quiet down, and that's ONLY possible with meditation IMO.

Yep, you didn't do so bad considering the premature awakening. A bit worse than I did, but not by much. But I'm a year or two past it now, and I've got some perspective. What I do NOT have is lots of details on your life (I haven't been following your postings...I haven't been reading this forum much, just happened to catch this thread). So while I'm pretty sure I'm giving good advice, do whatcha gotta do.

quote:
I just don't feel comfortable sitting still and meditating. Especially cross legged.

This sounds like an "issue", and I don't know enough about you to try to resolve it. But, in the end, you seem conflicted and stressed and in need of some level clarity and peace. Meditation is the ages-old presecription for all that. Especially for you, with tons of energy trying to travel in knotted channels. Pretending the energy doesn't exist isn't a great solution. Untying some knots is more efficacious.

Your reluctance to do anything to increase the energy is very good, and surely stems from your inner guru. In my opinion, you're confusing the energy issue (which is in surplus for you) with the stillness issue (which is in deficit). It's not one whole ball of wax, so don't throw out the baby with the bathwater! At very least, please browse the AYP main lessons for "silence". This, for example: http://www.aypsite.org/235.html

Lots of Indian gurus think westerners are too materialistic for meditation, out of pure spiritual snobbery and xenophobia. I'm not saying that's the reason for your guru's statement, but do bear in mind that it's a common bigotry.
[/quote]

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 11 2006 10:13:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  10:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

Great advice from Jim, nothing to add there, just wanted to say that there is nothing to be afraid of and that as you go on with the process you will find more peace and love in your life. This is a good trip that you are on, don't worry it will all work out, the further you go, the better it gets.

Kundalini started off in a big and intense way for me where my perspective on life was thrown way out there, it was a bit of a re-learning process, but it all came around over-time, no doubt helped immensely by AYP practices. Now it is quiet and in the background for the most part, a silent friend making the trip easier for me (and more enjoyable).True my perspective on life has forever changed but in innumerable positive ways that have come to make my life a dream come true. It is an amazing ride, enjoy it!

A
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2006 :  11:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again Scott.

Great advice above from Jim. And good to hear that it works out well for you Anthem. I will add a couple of my thoughts as well.

quote:
Do you think it will work itself out, without meditating?

I believe it will, but there will be more stuff to deal with. I have heard about several accounts of kundalini awakenings without any meditation background, and over time they have learned to live with kundalini and adapt to the changes. And, gradually they may have felt drawn to meditate, which has helped. If you don't do anything, kundalini may even go dormant again, and then you can take it up again in the future if you like.

quote:

First, there is no requirement to sit cross-legged at all. See the AYP lessons. I agree with Jim that meditation is very important, but rather than feeling forced to do it, I would rather give it a rest at least temporarily, and then after a while you may feel like trying it again. Kundalini has a tendency to change what we like. Maybe only for 10 minutes instead of 20. Doing spiritual practices just because we ought to do them is usually not much fun, it's so much better if we feel like doing it, at least trying.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  12:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11
It is an amazing ride, enjoy it!

To postscript Anthem's postscript, amazing though the ride is, it needn't mean any sort of disruption to your day-to-day life. I drink beer with friends, hang out, nobody has any idea how incredibly special I've become (rolling eyes).

That said, it does freak people out when we get caught in nasty traffic jams and I'm as happy and relaxed as if I were stretched out on a chaisse lounge on some Caribbean lagoon. Peace and happiness are the ultimate siddhis.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 12 2006 12:37:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  12:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by weaver

First, there is no requirement to sit cross-legged at all.

Thanks, weaver. I just meditated while lying down for the first time in years and it went fine.

It's true that it helps to "want" to meditate, though that can backfire (meditation does not benefit from an eager running start). It seems to work best, in my experience, if it's something you just sort of do and get it over with, like tooth brushing. If it feels great, great. if it doesn't, fine. Just do it and get it done with. 20 minutes or 10 minutes, cross-legged or supine. Whatever you can commit to, long term.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Sep 12 2006 12:33:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys, but right now I can't do it. It doesn't seem right. Thanks for all of your consideration.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  10:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No need to apologize! Wishing you all the best!

Whatever impulse has you hanging around this forum will guide you through. Perhaps you'll be inspired to reread thru some of Yogani's lessons at some point, too.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  12:28:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The impulse is just because I like you guys, lol. Thanks for the wishes. Same to you, from me.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  2:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
Having read that you don't wish to meditate for fear of stimulating shakti(I believe this is your fear)I would suggest that you try japa instead.Using japa by chanting the mantra in your head as fast as possible will bring more purification to the nadis and chakras without affecting the consciousness changing effects of meditation.The uneasy symptoms of premature awakenings are caused by lack of purity of the nervous system to handle the energy trying to find a free route through your body.Using japa in this way is not common to many systems but will certainly bring further purity.My guru teaches this method as a precursor for shaktipat to minimise cleansing symptoms.
BTW only you will know when you are ready for this path and you will know without a shadow of a doubt imho.Don't think that because you are experiencing severe cleansing that you are not ready, we all have to live through this in some level.
Weaver the shakti will not change you into a super caring for all person without making an effort to change just as Ghandi said."You must be the change you wish to see in the world."

L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

Thanks for responding...I was hoping you would. The guru I went to was in the Kundalini Maha Siddha yoga tradition, as your guru is. The thing is, the guru I went to warned me not to mess with this stuff at all anymore. She said "No more reading spiritual books, no more meditation, no more of anything like this. You are far far from ready. You are playing with fire." Etc.

I guess a question I have for you is: would your guru tell someone this? It doesn't make sense for a guru to tell someone to quit the spiritual path.

I won't try the japa just yet. I'd like to talk to another guru seriously about my situation, first.

Again, thanks for responding Dave.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  5:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
I wonder who the guru is you talk of but the one that springs to mind is a certain lady from Antioch? If so she was a fellow student of my guru when they were aged around 12 yrs old in India and is not a fully realised siddha. My guru would not tell you to cease spiritual practices.Although there are some on here who believe the role of a realised guru is overated(how they can comment by hearsay is beyond me)I can tell you from my experiences that one who is fully realised( I mean a siddha, not simply claiming realisation)then the process is safe.In fact my guru has intiated ones who have had a spontaneous awakening and they have found relief from using the system.I do know of at least one person who lives locally to me who has suffered from spontaneous awakening for over 8 yrs and since using the Divine Sound is much better and improves daily.One of the results of the Divine Sound is a safe awakening when one achieves the purity required for safety.There is a time for everything. I have a background of over 30 yrs of martial arts and still had extreme physical kriyas with shaktipat(although nothing frightening or painful)which made me realise that purity of the nervous system was a requirement before shaktipat , no matter who gives it IMHO.I do know of one in the USA who received shaktipat too soon and suffered extreme cleansing so i can understand your suffering. It seems that the majority of people who suffer a spontaneous awakening are unfortunate not to have the purity required beforehand.Lifes not fair sometimes is it?
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2006 :  6:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dave,

Thanks for responding again. The guru can be seen and read at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kundalini_online/ . She isn't the girl from Antioch, I don't think.

Do you regularly talk to your guru? Are you guessing that he would never tell someone to quit all spiritual things, or have you asked him this? What if the person argued with him? I was argumentative with the guru I went to (for good reasons in my mind) and she seemed offended and closed off. I asked her why she was bowing to a rock (the shiva lingham) in some pictures, since it didn't make sense that shiva isn't merely contained in a rock. I also asked her what the sanyasa ritual was all about...not direspectfully, although she took it that way, but I wanted to know what it meant. How could someone go through all of the motions without understanding why they're doing certain things, like putting water on a rock or bowing towards a fire? I also didn't follow her advice on celibacy. It caused too much stress for me to be completely celibate, and I didn't trust her enough to follow through with it. She told me to go to a Vipassana retreat, and I didn't go because I started experiencing extreme kundalini symptoms when I tried the practice. There were physical changes going on underneath my skin...it felt like water was rushing out of my hands, and there was a cold liquid going through my forearm into my pointer finger and thumb which caused them to move, and it seemed like my eyes opened up completely although I looked in the mirror and looked normal. I didn't want my kundalini to burst, so I didn't go. Also there were a lot of things in my life which conflicted with going. Same for when I was going to go visit her, to get shaktipat. Everything fell through no matter how hard I tried to go. So it seemed overall, like I was being guided away from her.

When I told her this she kind of scolded me and said not to do anything spiritual at all anymore, and that she was saying it out of compassion because she didn't want me to get hurt. That's about the only thing she said that I had faith in...except for the compassion part. But it did seem like I could get hurt if I continued messing around with this stuff...especially at times when "it" happens.

Anyway, that's the story. The Divine Sound cd you mention always looked good to me, although I wouldn't want to listen to it and then not talk to the guru...but I know he is busy handing out grace everywhere. So for now, I guess I'll stick to nothing spiritual.

Thank you again, Dave. Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2006 :  12:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
My guru is a lady and my satguru is Dhyanyogi Omdasji(http://dhyanyogi.omdasji.googlepages.com/home). He is gadapati of our lineage.The lady from Antioch is not the lady in question.I speak to my guru almost daily via messenger and received an offline today recommending you listen to the Divine Sound and take intiation as a way of calming the shakti.That is your choice just as being on a spiritual journey is.Neither my guru or satguru would insist that you do anything, simply if you are ready you will do.IMHO guidance is required and if you have problems with shakti then you need a realised guru's help.
The shiva lingam is representative of shiva and in India there are (I think) about a dozen naturally formed lingam in various areas.To be honest I don't study the scriptures as I would rather be beating the door of enlightenment, than reading about others who may or may not have opened the door.Celibacy will increase the energy but one lives their lives as they wish.My guru does not insist on it but advise it will progress the path.
I would be surprised if she can actually give shaktipat safely as I was told there are only about 3 or 4 in all of India who can give it correctly.If given incorrectly it causes further problems.
If you wish for further info please mail me offline, I am always available to help others.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000