Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Snake Dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  12:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So from what I have read, in dreams/night mares Snakes come to those who are in the process of transformation, change, healing, etc...as far as Kundalini activation...

Have any of u had snake dreams?

Last night I had my first snake dream and normally u don't remember my dream in great detail but this one I do. I was in a house (in my dream this was my house but in reality I don't know this house)... Well I was cleaning or something and I heard a hiss or rattle or some strange sound as I got close to my dresser but I ignored it and thought it was coming from outside or a tv. Well 2 days later (in dream time) I hear the same sound when my dog goes over by my dresser to sniff around so then I freak out and run to another room to tell my husband? Or boyfriend? (Which was weird because I'm a lesbian). I wasn't real sure this was a snake cuz I was too afraid to check it out but it was like my dog "told me" that's what it was just by looking into his eyes. Well before I or the man in my dreams could go check it out this snake comes hissing down the hallway. It seemed small but was fast and powerful. I remember trying to close the door before it got to us but the snake just pushed it open. I remember feeling so scared! It slithered onto my bed with my dog and when it got close enough the snake turned himself into my dog. I remember being able to tell them apart because of my snake green eyes and glow so I threw something at it and hit it hard and it turned back into a snake. I tried to run from the snake but it split into 2 snakes.. one trapped me in the room and the other taunted me. The one doin the taunting then turned into the man in my dream. I remember trying to fight him but when I touched him to push him, he attached himself to me and I and the man started to become one. Like our bodies were growing into each other. No matter how I tried to fight and pull away.. we grew more and more into each other.

It was weird because I kept waking up like every 2 hours but when I fell back asleep I was always back in that same house and that snake had transformed himself into several different people in my dream

What do u think of this??

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 4:19:22 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  2:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing. That's a wild dream sequence.

Since beginning meditation and other AYP practices, my dream world has become quite vivid and full of scenarios similar to the one you mention above. With me--there is a lot of flying (often to escape), encounters with underwater wildlife (sharks, dolphins, fish, etc.), bizarre sexual circumstances, but certainly other positive, non-weird stuff too. Sometimes in meditation I see images of snakes (earthly ones and more radiant, golden ones too).

If anything's for certain, I think it's that the world of dreams is often mysterious in terms of its meaning, purpose, and relationship to the waking state. I think the same could be said about the "scenery" in Deep Meditation. That's why it's important to "keep your eyes on the prize"--i.e. your chosen ideal (ishta), so that the light of Truth/God will keep pulling you towards union with divinity (within), regardless of the strangeness of the path along the way.

Also, check out this lesson on Cosmic Samyama, which is an advanced version of yogic sleep:
http://www.aypsite.org/299.html
Also, conscious sleeping and witnessing:
http://www.aypsite.org/213.html

Wishing you a joy-filled journey.
Go to Top of Page

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  2:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm.. interesting...

Oh and also, one thing that happened as I was falling asleep and not meditating was when I closed my eyes it was like I saw the universe... A bunch of stars... But in the stars was one of the chakra symbols... The lotus flower with either the om symbol and it was purple and spinning. It was weird... Then I fell asleep.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  7:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Splendid.
Go to Top of Page

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  7:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you Buddhist? Just curious because of ur name bodhi tree
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  6:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mmmmm...I don't identify as "Buddhist" per se, but I majored in religious studies with a primary focus on Buddhism and Tibetan culture. I also studied a little bit of Christian mysticism (Meister Eckhart, Plotinus, St. Augustine, etc.).

The 4 Noble Truths, Eightfold Path, and story of Siddhartha Guatama ring very true with me. When I was studying this stuff academically, I realize it was the bhakti beginning to take root, and once I actually took up AYP practices after a thrilling kundalini experience--it shifted from just an intellectual investigation to a more active devotion of daily practice and certain lifestyle changes (no more partying/drug use ).

As Morpheus in The Matrix says: "There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path."

One day I hope to make it to India and visit the Bodhi Tree, for sure. I bet some other AYP practitioners have been there.
Go to Top of Page

jboss0526

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  6:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome.... I was just asking because since I've started meditating, balancing chakras and such... I found a desire to I guess strive for the Buddhist way of life. I wouldn't say I'm Buddhist either but I enjoy the peace I've felt by striving to honor the noble truths and eight fold path
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000