Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kechari and skin rash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jinn

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  10:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,
I was wondering if anyone can please provide any assistance with a question I have.
Last three weeks, I went through poison ivy/allergic reaction which ended on friday. During those 3 weeks I did not do my practice. This past monday I started my practice again. My practice consists of some asanas, talabaya kriya (tongue stretching), moola bandha, nose-tip gazing, japa and meditation on the I AM.
I used to do pranayama, but hurt my lungs and i just healed them so I am hoping to add the pranayama slowly in there again.
Now before these last 3 weeks, if I push the tounge a little bit with my finger I was able to achieve kechari a couple of times. I only held this position for a second maybe. I did not notice any changes. Now after these 3 weeks of not practicing and being on medication, I started up the practice on monday and after doing the talabaya kriya I pushed the tongue a little with my finger again and touched the sensitive spot. At that moment nothing happened. But slowly as the evening set in I started to feel energy. When i tried going to sleep the energy really started to build in my ajna and i felt it more in my spine and torso. My
skin started to get very sensitive and started itching at night. In the morning
when i woke up, i had skin rash symmetrically on the right/left chest, right/left armpit, right/left area between shoulder and neck, groin and lower back.
Now this energy I have been feeling for maybe 2-3 years on and off, plus there is always pressure in my ajna and i constantly have the "golden helmet". So the energy was not new to me, it was a slightly more amplified than what i usually feel, but the skin breakouts was what suprised me.
I stopped all practices for now and I was wondering what can you suggest as to
how to speed up this process of the body getting used to the larger amount of
energy? I am not paniking or anything, but I would wish that these breakouts did
not appear on my face, so i dont have to explain to people at work or home about
kundalini. hehe :)

I thank you very much for reading this.
With Love,
Mike

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Mike;
Did you take any anti allergic medicine when you had that allergic reaction?For some hay fever & allergy medicines can cause skin rash.
that's what happened in my case.
just felt like bringing your attention to this matter
hope you feel relieved very soon .
Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

jinn

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  3:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
It was definitely started after I connected the kechari monday.
The medicines i took were antibiotics and a steroids creme called Betamethasone Dipropionate. I stopped taking the medicines sunday morning.
The more than usual pressure on the ajna chakra and the more the usual energy movement in the torso area also supports my conviction.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  4:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you feel it's K related then I leave it for more senior AYPers to get back to you
you might also want to check this http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....Terms=yogurt
especially Shanti's : http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=7442#66140

& I can see see this is your 1st post.
So welcome To AYP & enjoy being here

Salam
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  05:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jinn and welcome to the forums.
I think you are right in thinking that it is Kundalini rash that you have. Please see the topics below which seem to be talking about rashes very similar to yours:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4021
and
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3551

It looks like you need to be doing grounding activities - walking, gardening, being out in nature and also take a look at lesson 69

Hope it all settles down soon.

Go to Top of Page

jinn

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  09:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,
So the energy overload receded. My appetite came back and the rash on my torso almost disappeared. Here are the things which helped me:

Baking soda baths (3lb backing soda per bath)
Eating beef
Eating red delicious apples
Stopping all spiritual practices

I came to the conclusion that the medication I was using for my leg problems is what interfered with K- energy. The medication was called Betamethasone Dipropionate. The steroids in this medication are what caused the problems

Thank you all for your help,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  11:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
very glad for you Mike that the symptoms subsided.

corticosteroid as well was the major cause for my skin rash.
:) the interesting part is that I also developed rash on my face ( on cheeks) directly few days after trying Kechari.I followed Shanti's advice (the link i've provided above) to cool pita overload symptoms.
I've been seeing a dermatologist for two months now,there's improvement almost 80 % .I still have some rash on my face but I'm not willing to give up totally all spiritual practices.I still keep basic deep meditation & spinal breathing. I'm willing to compromise my skin for that .Sooner or later It will cool down.

thank you for your feedback.
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

jinn

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  11:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Delara,
I am not sure if baking soda water would interfere with eyes, but if it doesn't, try soaking your face in baking soda water. It works wonders.
I drank milk with 2 teaspoon of ghee to cool down pita.

Take care,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  1:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yea I smiled reading about bicarbonate sodium or baking soda.My mom uses it almost for everything :S .Mosquito bites,teeth cleaning,washing underwear, indigestion,wahing vegetables n fruits...etc etc.
Dermatologist already prescribed some creams to use.I don't want to risk using it now and counteract the effectiveness of the treatment.
Question ?:)
I didn't know what is ghee but I read that it's butter with milk solids removed.you are drinking it with milk.So basically I can replace that with normal butter that has milk in it

thanx for the hints Mike!
Go to Top of Page

jinn

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:27:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ghee is purified butter. If you put butter on a pan and keep in under a small fire, it will melt and eventually it will split into the layers. If you take the top layer off the bottom layer is ghee. In scriptures it is said that ghee is the essence of a cow. It is spoken very highly of in a lot of Yogic and Ayurvedic scriptures, so I try to include it in some of my diet.

Wishing you the best.
Mike

Edited by - jinn on Oct 23 2011 2:42:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  03:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx...the best for you too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000