Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation Beginner... Tingling Hands!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  08:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. I started meditating about 3 months ago, and I haven't felt any different. Except a few weeks ago I started feeling a tingling in my hands, and sometimes my front teeth. Is this a good sign...? Or just bad blood pressure...

I find it impossible to have enough time in the morning to do it before work, so I only manage it in the evenings for about 15 mins. I feel that not doing it twice a day is maybe why I haven't felt more of a shift yet. If I increased the time in the evening, would it make up for not being able to do it in the morning as well?

I also feel like I should start doing yoga for it to take an effect.. but I have been to a few yoga classes and I just feel bored/frustrated/in pain. Don't get me wrong, I am not expecting a fast change from all of this.. I am just a little confused :)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  08:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums, Queen!!!

The tingling is good. Some purification and nerve cleansing/opening is going on

Once is day is not bad, twice a day is better, but once a day is definitely better than none.

The once a day that you do, do you do meditation for only 15 min? If yes, can you increase that time to 20 min? Also, can you add 5 min of spinal breathing?

quote:
"I don't really feel much different."

Maybe it is because you have an idea on how "the change in life" should look like? Give it a bit more time, you will definitely see a shift, even if it is not like what we are expecting the change to be.

Wish you all the best.
Thank you for trying AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  09:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Maybe it is because you have an idea on how "the change in life" should look like?

From what people have told me and from what I have read, I do... is it unwise to expect the same experience?

Purification and nerve cleansing..? What does that mean exactly? Sounds good though!

And how do I do spinal breathing...?
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  09:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS. Thankyou for your welcome
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  09:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Queen,
Yes, it is better not to go by any one else's experience... we all have our own internal matrix of obstructions, and we each let go and open on the inner level differently. The biggest mistake I had made was to compare myself with others and feel bad that I was not experiencing what they were. For one, we all have our own experiences... and for two, these experiences cannot really be put in words, but we still try. It's like me telling you, I am looking at a rose and it has the softest of pink color and a very sweet fragrance and the petals are velvety... do you think the rose that you are imagining in your head looks anything like the one I am looking at? Like that the experiences people talk about, if you experience it exactly the way they have described and the way your mind has described their description to you, you are not truly experiencing anything... just what your mind thinks it should or should not be.
That is why, we say, meditate twice a day (in your case once a day ) and go out and live your life... let the blessing be revealed to you, don't go looking for them.

Our nervous system is like a memory stick... it stores a lot in it. There are 3 main part of the body that we hold memory in... the head, the heart and the gut. When we are nervous, we feel it in our gut... when we are sad, we feel it in our heart, when we are tense, we feel it in our head. All these are from memory. As a child the first time we did something wrong and got punished for it, we stored the memory in a part of our body... after that any time we go through a situation that is similar, we bring the memory back up. Think about the times we have worried about something, the bodily reactions that went with it... then nothing bad happens and we relax.. was all the worry required? It happened anyway becasue of memory.

As we meditate and our inner silence increases we unwind and dissolve these memories... these knots. That is what purifying the nervous system means.

Here is the lesson for spinal breathing : http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

Can I ask you if you are meditating like it is described in this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html
If you have not already done so, do read a few of the lessons starting from here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2011 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Queen

Hi. I started meditating about 3 months ago, and I haven't felt any different. Except a few weeks ago I started feeling a tingling in my hands, and sometimes my front teeth. Is this a good sign...?

sometimes my hands feel like they are wearing heavy/non-heavy thick tingly gloves after a few minutes of mantra meditation.. feels kinda neat

so i'd say you're on the right track
Go to Top of Page

Queen

United Kingdom
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2011 :  04:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Queen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti - Yes, that's definitely a huge fault of mine too, comparing myself to others! I understand completely. Of course, easier said than done to control the mind into not having these thoughts...!

I am meditating as described in that lesson :) The spinal breathing sounds good, I will practise it tonight before the usual mantra meditation :)

delta33 - Yes that's exactly what it feels like! Yeah it's definitely a good feeling.. Nice to know it is relevant to what I am doing! Can I ask how long you've been meditating for?
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2011 :  12:45:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Queen

Shanti - Yes, that's definitely a huge fault of mine too, comparing myself to others!
delta33 - Can I ask how long you've been meditating for?

it's safe to let go of comparing yourself to others
you might feel a thrill of bliss
as the energy of holding on
is released
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000