Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini Confusion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Onico

Norway
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  10:35:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there.

Total newbie here who feels a little bit lost and confused. After doing some meditation and pranayama
for relaxing I seem to have accidently awakened the kundalini force. In the last 9 nine months I have experienced all sorts of weird physical symptoms (kriyas, mudras) wich all correspond with the regular kundalini symptoms.
So far, I can control these symptoms, but I do feel a strong "urge" to do the spontaneous yoga, asanas, etc. everyday.

At first I was clueless and almost freaked out, but after searching the net for this process I am now more aware of whats going on.
However, there's alot of conflicting info on the subject, people like me who are not on the spiritual path get confused.

I would be very gratefull if someone with more indepth knowledge or experience could answer som Q's:

1. Are there different kinds of awakenings or do they all lead to this mindblowing experience that I keep reading about?

2. How long does it usually take before the symptoms decrease and is there anyway to help this process move along?
To be honest, I just want to get this over with and move on with my life, if that is even possible.

3. How dangerous is it really? what kind of safety measures should I take, other than not resisting the kriyas.

4. And finally, what kind of benefits is there really. I read everything from total bliss to gaining superpowers.
I dont need that but it may have some mental and health benefits?

Sorry if these questions may sound stupid, I am not really a yogi

Edited by - Onico on Oct 05 2010 11:45:08 AM

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  11:42:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Onico, all I have is my own experience with which to answer your questions, and some experience reading the boards here. Hopefully it's helpful.

1 - There are different kinds yes. For me, the initial experiences were very powerful, and over time grew to be subtler. So it went the opposite direction. From mindblowing experiences down to a common everyday presence.

2 - Length of the process varies. AYP has helped tremendously in providing the framework of understanding to carry on with my life. Awakening has become a pleasant sideshow to my regular life instead of the monkey wrench that it was initially.

3 - Not dangerous. Since learning about the concept of self pacing in the lessons here, I'd say not dangerous at all. The danger you are sensing is fear of the unknown inside you which you recently became aware of.

4 - Personally I haven't noticed any benefits so far. At least not in the way that you're considering them. There's no payoff for it - it just is. The only benefit for me would be knowing about it and experiencing it. I'd rather know about it, and experience it than not. Greater awareness, perhaps, is the best way to describe the benefit. It's just like life has been up to this point - moving in a direction of greater awareness.

Edited by - JDH on Oct 05 2010 12:13:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2010 :  6:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Onico, I just wanted to give my input as well, although I by no means have the answers! My Kundalini was awakened about 7 months ago, before I had even started to meditate or had any idea what Kundalini was. I was reading the Essence of the Gita and it happened, massive amounts of energy going up and down the spine to the center of my forehead and all the other things that came with it. For the first month or so, I was pretty depressed about this odd force that was awake in my body but the more I read and learned about it the less the fear was and the greater the awe. Then I found this website and it really turned things around in the Kundalini department. As far as how long does it take for the symptoms and such to decrease-mine didnt decrease until I started using this course, that really seemed to move it in the right direction and mellow things out during my daily activities...It was noticable within a couple of weeks. There were times too that I felt like I just wanted to be 'normal' again but after I started accepting what is and even enjoying it, Kundalini has become a wonderful thing As far as dangerous, I think the only danger is overdoing practices, Ive had some pretty rough days with tons of energy and panic attack feelings if Ive done too much. There has been nothing but benefits since Ive started AYP with an active K (except the occasional overdoingits) tons of Bhakti, odd but pleasurable sensations in my spine through out the day, just feeling good all around! Hope this helps, best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

Onico

Norway
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  11:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thank you for your answers guys, it's ensuring and comforting to see other people going thru this without too much problems. Though I asked for indepth knowlegde I would certainly appreciate more answers form anyone, this is a really strange process so any help is welcome.

Currently im not following any practice, I just surrender and allow my body to do all the weird stuff the kriyas tell it to. I hope someone can explain me more about security measures, physical pain I can take, but im more worried about the kundalini messing up the head, as I have read about on other sites. I tried to do spinal breathing but the kriyas seem to go stronger when I try any meditation practice. So far I put aside 1 hour each day to let the kriyas unfold and do their thing, hopefully the urges to do them will pass with time.

Anyone else who would like to share their experience or thoughts with these questions?

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  11:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. You can read about lots of different kind of awakenings (orders). When it comes to AYP methods, the order should be +- the same. When it comes to the "finals", there is not much one can say about it, else then to verify by your own.

2. If you stop the practice ,the symptoms should go away within days or little weeks. If you decrease practice times, the symptoms should go away very fast too. Generally, even if you increase the practice, the symptoms will go away in time. In other words, everything that has a beginning, has also an end.

3. Better read the lessons, the answers are already present.

4. See third part of 1. =P

Lessons relating to your question can be found under "automatic yoga":

http://www.aypsite.org/183.html

http://www.aypsite.org/210.html

http://www.aypsite.org/232.html

http://www.aypsite.org/417.html

Wish you a smooth going through =)
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2010 :  2:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Onico,

There are definitely different degrees of K awakenings.

Everyone is different: we all have our own karma and our own destiny for this lifetime. I can only speak for the spontaneous awakening (like yours) because that is my experience. But my understanding is that the intensity of the K experience is related to one's capacity for degree of enlightenment in this lifetime.

I went through six years of K initiation before I found AYP. It was a rocky six years, but that is to be expected if you want to "climb the mountain"... high risk leads to high reward, little risk leads to little reward. AYP has helped me to really look back and sort things out and standardize my practice.

I think the most important thing i learned from AYP is self pacing, and though i understood the concept before, I understand it much better now.

AYP is a guideline, but for the more powerful awakenings it does not seem to help much. Instead, it can help smooth out the process for those of us whom have experienced this. And it seems to be a great guide for those that have been seeking enlightenment for many years without the fireworks.

best wishes to you onico!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000