Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 How to stop the kundalini entirely ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogazord

India
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  04:58:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I did a search on this forum and could not find anything,
so I thought there might not yet be a thread about this.

Is there any way to stop the kundalini entirely?
I have once visited a website by a guy who said that sometimes he
stops kundalini in people because they are having too much side-effects.

I wonder if it's really possible to stop the kundalini,
and if one can do it to himself... how?

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  10:58:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogazord,

I could see how Kundalini might seem like an overwhelming thing to some people, is there a way to shut it off, I have no idea.

I can say from my experience though that it doesn't remain intense indefinitely. If a person accepts the direction life is taking them, does what they can to stay open and change in the directions that are being indicated, it will eventually become a smooth ride where it is hardly, if at all, noticed. Daily practices of AYP meditation and self-inquiry can remove the bumps from the road and make it an enjoyable ride.

Best of luck!

Anthem
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  12:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it is possible to stop it, but you can "work" with it. Many have been able to slow down or postpone the process through communication.

Namaste, Jeff
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  6:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can't put a stop to Kundalini, anymore than you can stop puberty from happening.

you can definitely slow it down through what AYP refers to as "self pacing". in your case, you might consider self pacing to the extreme, but that may limit your life in considerable ways.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2010 :  8:23:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, self pacing is the answer.
Push aside all spiritual pursuits for now. Find some interest in things non-spiritual; preferably physical, like sports, dancing, martial arts, circus training, parkour. There are so many incredible things out there. Turn your attention away from the spiritual. People like you have no problem coming back later. You are unique.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  12:56:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yogazord,

i should have asked: are you asking how to stop kundalini because you are going through particularly difficult symptoms?

or is this just a general question?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  02:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogazord
I wonder if it's really possible to stop the kundalini,
and if one can do it to himself... how?

Go to a nearby Lord Shiva temple where they have a Shiva Lingam installed.

Bow down to it as in these pics with your forehead or crown touching the floor:

http://cdn.elev8.com/files//2009/06...ing-down.jpg

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...HC003441.jpg

Request Lord Shiva and Mother Earth to stop the Kundalini entirely and ground it.

There are other ways too but this is the easiest.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  10:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2010 :  8:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to self pacing there are methods to really 'ground' you. Eat a heavier diet. Walk barefoot. Ramakrishna used to smoke a cigarette to help keep himself from drifting off so to speak as he would spontaneously go into ecstasies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000