Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Art of Thinking
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  06:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am going out on a limb here to try and explain something I have been experiencing more and more of late but do not have the book /scientific knowledge to back it up, so please bear with me if what I"m saying is incorrect and please do educate me.

I had not given much thought to how I think until recently when I noticed a change. By How, I mean the form (words/ pictures/ 2D /3D /black and white/coloured). Analysing what is happening in my mind, I think I'd been thinking in words /2D all along. Now something has changed, I keep getting more and more flashes of coloured pictures in 3D... except I can't see the relevance of the pictures to my current situation, they are out of place.
Or maybe it's something else altogether.. last year, I heard conversations in my head that had nothing to do with me... maybe the pictures are the same, just another phase, except if I concentrate a little I can deliberately have "a thought" in picture.

It's not that important. I'm just curious and would love to know if others have experienced this or if anyone has more scientific information on How we think, please do explain.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  08:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere,
Funny how I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering if you were OK, hadn't heard from you in a while. And lo and behold... this morning I see posts from you... love it when that happens.

The 3D effect is, like you said, a phase. I went through a phase of seeing everything in 3D... and like you I discovered, all my life I have been seeing things in 2D. I know it sounds weird, but there was a point when I saw a pronounced depth (as in dimension and not profundity) in objects that I had not seen before. When this happened, when I focused on a tree for instance, there would be a rush of energy.

Each one of us has a different sense that is stronger, so for me the outer seeing became 3D, in your case your inner seeing has become 3D. Maybe I am wrong, but I think it is the same stage we both experienced.

Here are some topics on this:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6014
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=5453

Search for the word 3D, and you will find a few more topics on this (not just sight, some were on internal seeing as well).

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2010 :  10:53:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere

This kinda reminds me of something I went through for a while except I wasn't experiencing it during "regular life" but instead during meditation. I was getting flashes of totally irrelevant stuff (to me anyways), scenes with or without people, and with or without sound. I wrote a bit about it in a thread here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4358

Nice to hear from you again!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2010 :  05:12:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SeySorciere,
This 3D flashing pictures actually started happening in my head on last Saturday and continued Sunday as well. They just pop up out of no where in the darkness of my mind vision.
One thing to mention I was having hangover on Saturday due to heavy drinking on Friday night. When I have hangover I actually have so much energy in my body as well. So I think those flashes were caused by this increased energy. I didn't have it today in my DM session for example.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  03:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all,

It is good to have confirmation that - yes, it's a phase, it happens.

Shanti - I've been travelling quite a bit, so I only have time to pop in now and again but not really participate. I am still steady in my practices but not much to report. My classes have been neglected a little as well due to my travelling but I intend to pick up again.

CarsonZi - all ok with the little one?

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  09:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere, wonderful to hear from you again....happy to hear your practices are going well and that you are getting the opportunity to travel around a bit

quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

CarsonZi - all ok with the little one?

Things are going great thanks Amrita is 4 months old today, and she is getting bigger and more and more interactive by the day. She just started teething a week ago but she is handling it really well and both my wife and I feel incredibly blessed.

There's a few fairly recent pictures of her here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?a...l=9e2f4038d4

Best of luck and much love!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  03:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ach Mensch... She is such a beauty, I am totally envious !

You and your wife are so blessed.

What a sweetheart..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000