Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Visions?/T.V.? in Deep Meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  3:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,
I have been searching for a while in other's topics but can't seem to find one that really nails down what I am experiencing so I figured I would start a new thread in hopes of getting to the bottom of these strange happenings. A couple of weeks ago I started experiencing the commonly reported about "ringing in the ears" while in deep meditation. To me it sounds exactly like my Zen meditation balls. Too close to be a coincidence in my opinion, but anyways around the same time I started to experience this ringing I started to get wierd visions? I hesitate to use that word because it doesn't really capture the experience. It is more like watching t.v. or a movie except the content is so random and uninteresting for the most part that I'm sure I'm not "tapping into" some t.v. frequencies floating in the air via my brain. (I know it silly to think that is what could be happening but I can't explain this at all.) I will be in deep meditation and experiencing the "void" and usually have lost the mantra at this point but have no other thoughts either; and then it usually takes me about 10-15 seconds to realize that I have been watching and hearing conversations or situations or common everday life and occurances happening with or without people (that I have never seen or met or t.v. or otherwise) for the past 10 or 15 seconds. Then I can stay with it for a while if I want, but I usually just try to go back smoothly to the mantra and it goes away until I get back to the void, the ringing and then the ?visions? again. Please forgive me if this is covered later in the lessons or something and I just have not gotten that far, (I am reading the big AYP book at the moment but am only on lesson 70 something I think) or if I wasn't looking in the right areas of the forum for answers if this is covered in depth somewhere else. Any advise would be great because I feel like I am doing something wrong and need to do adjust in order to stay with the void and the ringing without getting the annoying movie-shows in my minds eye. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Namaste,
CarsonZi

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  6:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello CarsonZi :)

Just remember the basic instruction of deep meditation and always come back to the mantra. There's no need to adjust and stay in the void - that you can do later in samyama practice. But in deep meditation, just stay with the mantra, which initiates the processes of purification.

In AYP, the visions are said to be the scenery. Nothing important and nothing to focus on, simply return to the practice you're doing. That's the simplest solution you'll find and it's not important to analyze the content of these visions. And certainly not during the practice itself :)

There may be many explanations to these phenomena. I perceive them as purification of the nervous system - it is reorganising itself, therefore lots of energies are released, many memories are unconcsiously and also consciously reevaluated, restructured, the whole neural programming is reworking itself. Consider that the nervous system is a very complex structure and that it contains in itself the whole evolutionary history. Therefore many things come up during the special state of consciousness that meditation produces. That's one way to look at this. That doesn't change the fact that it's best to return to the procedure you're doing no matter what you see.

Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

I recognize in a way what you are describing, particularly this part:

"watching and hearing conversations or situations or common everday life and occurances happening with or without people"

I described my experiences during practices in this topic:
ttp://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=3828

and actually got suggested that although not "tapping into TV frequencies" it might be tapping into the One Mind where all thoughts live...

The ringing is a classical symptom of energies moving.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  08:52:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What you are experiencing maybe what Yogani calls lower beings in the Spinal Breathing book..
These topics may help.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=1422#10593
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1176#1176
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  11:39:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Everyone and thank you for your input...

Tadeas: I understand all about coming back to the mantra, scenery, and not paying special attention to ANYTHING and that is not my issue. My issue is that by not understanding in any diffinitive way WHAT I am seeing, this is causing undue attraction to figuring it out. That is distracting. And I didn't mean "stay in the void" like it came out. I know staying the the state of pure being is not really the desired outcome of AYP, and at this point it is more about the purification aspect. I understand that. But these occurances are rather persistant for me and I will explain this is a second in response to emc and Shanti's posts.
emc/Shanti: Thank you for pointing me to these threads. A few I had come across, a few I had not. Thank you. My experiences are very similiar to these but different in 2 minor ways.
1: It only happens after I hit the point in DM where I am hearing loudly in both ears the OM/ringing sounds. I am well aware of all the implications of this and understand why this is happening. No problems there. BUT...
2: My experiences tend to last MUCH longer then anyone else seems to have experienced, or at least that I have read about here at AYP. They seem less like the "glimpses" everyone is talking about and more like a constant stream of reality tv. When this happens to me it usually takes, as I said before, at least 10 to 15 seconds (sometimes longer) to realize I am watching something and then I can watch it (and listen to it) indefinitely. I DON'T stay and watch,(except for once, which is what made me realize that this was a permanent glimpse into whatever, and made me want to open this topic) and once I realize this is happening I go back to my mantra and continue with DM, but the one time that I stayed with the "vision" as long as I felt "comfortable" watching was quite an odd and troubling experience. I won't go into what I saw because it isn't important, (I don't think?) but suffice it to say it was random, and I believe current. (meaning, I don't think it was in the past or the future, or a memory or past life or anything like that) I have read other threads of people experiencing other peoples immediate moment (or so it seems) while in deep meditation, but this again is slightly different as I seem to have a bird's eye view instead of a view say "through another's eyes". This is what made me initially think that maybe I was somehow tapping into a TV frequency, the view was much like that which would be used in TV or a movie. But I don't think that is it either because the content was so common and normal that I doubt anyone would desire to watch a TV show like that. (even in this day and age of "reality" tv haha) Anyways, I understand that what I'm seeing doesn't matter, the content is not important, but I feel this intense need to at least understand WHY this is happening to me so that I can TRUELY leave it alone in my thoughts like I can leave alone the ringing in my ears. (I actually kinda like it) It wouldn't be so bad either if it didn't happen EVERYTIME I meditate. But without fail, ever since I started really going deep; deep enough to hear the ringing, I get these (ugh I hate this word...) visions. I can deal with it, but I know it would be a lot easier to just go back to the mantra if I could understand why this is happening like I understand why I have a ringing in my ears. I appreciate the conversation and the opinions/suggestions.
Namaste,
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 27 2008 11:47:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  12:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

This is just a natural outcome of deep meditation. Your inner senses coming alive through your nervous system, as Yogani would say. I think you should take it as a sign that you are progressing along the path.

You are developing the Witness through meditation and the Witness perceives all things. As your conscious mind is the executive or directing part of yourself. You can ask for whatever you want to see. Yes, go back to the mantra and complete your meditation time. But if it still persists at the end, why not explore? You can direct to see inside of your body, or see a clock to see what time it is. How about seeing an interesting place that you have never been to like a planet or something microscopic? What if you can see an energy blockage in your energy body? Wouldn't it be cool to ask to see your Ishta and have deep conversations?

I think the fact that you're seeing things from above shows that you are seeing things from the perspective of the Higher Self/Witness. Many people would love to have what you have, inner sensuality (inner senses enlivened). I think it's a blessing. When you unite with your Witness, you can see what your Witness sees. Unlimited! Have fun! Do good!

Best Wishes!

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  01:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Arim! Thank you for your encouragements and reassurances! What you were talking about in the "experimenting" part of your post reminded me of what I wrote about my Ketamine experiences being like. A link to this posting is here if you would like to read...http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4241#37103
I have had many of these types of experiences you are talking about while on Ketamine or DMT, but I have yet to have my "visions" in meditation turn "lucid" for lack of a better word. I do not seem to be able to control what I am seeing like I am able to when having lucid dreams. (I have these probably at least once a week and usually involve me "jump/flying" and being chased) Have you had personal experience with having "lucid" visions in meditation? If so, how did you make the transition from "just seeing the vision" to "controlling the vision"?
Namaste,
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Sep 08 2008 02:41:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2009 :  8:37:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

I'm sorry that it's taken like a year to reply to your post. I have enjoyed reading your posts and wish I had replied soon after.

Anyhow, on a few occasions when seeing a vision, it just occurs to me for some reason to try and change it and then it happens. For example, one time I saw the inside of a blood vessel, I saw the blood cells going by and some of them seemed to be stagnant. It just occured to me to move them along and it happened. The funny thing is, for a few days before this, I was deeply pondering as to why I get "ice pick" headaches on the same area of my head when awakening in the morning and I think that this was my answer. It's that I lay on that side for to long and it compresses my blood vessels causing stagnation. I thought that was pretty cool!

I read your post on ketamine and I don't myself take drugs but your post was very interesting. I've done some reading on Ibogaine and Ayahuasca and now think that there is a time and a place for these, for some people but I wouldn't want to have any karmic results in my nervous system from these. But I can see where it can be very freeing for some people.

Best Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2009 :  12:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you got satilite or cable?
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  9:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ringing in the ears.....Tinnitus is what its called... damaged ear drugms i believe... loud music/noises will cause it... i have it sometimes... so does my dad he was in a war. lol so be sensitive to your ears needs? but yeah i guess we should of listened to our elders when they said that loud music is going to hurt our ears... I didnt read teh rest of the post but yeah ringing in the ears is called tinnitus.
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  9:51:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
*drums up above... but yeah do some research on it.
Go to Top of Page

littlejerry

USA
60 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  4:14:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit littlejerry's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh haha you posted that last year.... well i hope u've worked it out lol i just got a chuckle out of that... more than a year ago actually... sorry
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  4:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi littlejerry....

Yeah I know what tinnitus is, and I have experienced it in the short term (I was a touring musician for 6 years).....I don't have permanent tinnitus though. The ringing I hear occasionally sounds more like Zen meditation balls chiming then the tinnitus ringing. Sometimes the ringing is accompanied by a lower vibration that is kinda but not really heard with the ears as a "hum".

About picking up TV in DM.....I still occasionally experience this, but lately it is more sound then visual. I just try to favor the mantra.

Love,
Carson

P.S. yeah, this is an old topic.
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  8:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one though..
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  02:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, I was also experiencing these visions during DM a couple weeks ago! I would drift deeper into myself and then I would notice I was watching some random vision, it was like I was in it but not of it. I started to get scared and would pull myself back out of it and back to the meditation... One time I was meditating in the back seat after my dad picked my fiance and I up from Chicago to go back to Detroit (a 5 hour drive) and I could not stop having these visions. They were totally random, very strange, and each time I would lose myself and go deeper, I realized what was going on and I got freaked out, snapped out of it and went back to the meditation. Of course I went over the 20 minutes (I didn't think then that going over mattered since I wasn't really focused on meditating with all the noise)... They were definitely interesting but strange, I wouldn't call them scenery though, they were different. I haven't had them since...
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2009 :  04:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experience exactly the same very often and i was planning to ask you about this by defining it like TV as CarsonZi did:)
First i thought this is some kind of purification and then what i read in one of Osho's books made more sense to me. He says that "dreaming" never ends. We are just not aware of it during the day with our awake state. Mediators can come to notice it during sessions that its there always.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000