Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 weight loss.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I realized today that i'm getting too thin..
Went through intense emotional phases for the past few months..
mainly negative ones..
literally felt like "shrinking" energetically and physically..
I'm eating well.. in quantity and quality.. included fish and eggs recently..
but still getting thinner!
This weight loss started about 18 months ago when i started including a set of pranayama on a daily basis..
Also since then i started experiencing kundalini more and more intensely..
Could this weight loss be a biological consequence of kundalini or energy transformation in general?

Did anyone experience the same here?

Thanks for any input.. and advice.

Love..

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good question.
Everyone is different in the way that their metabolism works. When I am grieving or under intense stress I lose weight, some people gain. Personally I have not experienced any weight loss from yoga practices, if anything I could stand to lose a few pounds. I suggest getting a regular physical exam and be sure that your diet includes enough carbs and fats as well as protein to get you through this phase.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  01:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

Good question.
Everyone is different in the way that their metabolism works. When I am grieving or under intense stress I lose weight, some people gain. Personally I have not experienced any weight loss from yoga practices, if anything I could stand to lose a few pounds. I suggest getting a regular physical exam and be sure that your diet includes enough carbs and fats as well as protein to get you through this phase.

Thank you Victor...

Well, all i can say is that i certainly don't feel the same "attraction" to food and eating in general as before..
about a month ago i went through a water fast for a couple of days..
at that moment, food didn't mean anything to me anymore..
not out of depression.. but i just lost the interest in eating solid food.."material" food.. felt i could drop it all and live on prana, sun and water.. so it was a positive feeling of being nourrished by subtler energy..
Anyway, this weight loss that started 18 months ago has been stable since then..
No matter what i eat, i simply cannot gain weight!
and yesterday, i felt i should get back to the body..
and realized i've become too thin!
Maybe i should work on the muscles part?!
Some effort is needed here, as i am too "lazy" to get into sport!
but i guess there's no other way!

Thanks anyway for your help Victor!

Love
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  04:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I lost a lot of weight when my kundalini started rising. I also needed extra minerals, especially magnesium and zinc - otherwise I got cramps in my muscels. The metabolism may go on top speed.

However, it has now calmed down, and is more balanced. Nowadays I rather get the chills from stillness instead.

My advice is to just keep on eating good and add some extra minerals! Sounds good to add fish and eggs! I add those to, to my otherwise veggy food.

Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  06:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Emc :)

Sounds good to me too!
Just finished my lunch now..
ate 2 eggs, an avocado, grain/veg./beans dish
with plenty of virgin olive oil!
Lots of burning energy in the spine since yesterday..
All is good, all is well..
Thanks for your comforting words :)

Love...and Light!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  12:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also lost weight and been overall much healthier. Additionally, I have found that I need to drink twice as much water.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  2:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i've gained a lot of weight, more than i ever had in my life and grew an appetite and a little belly but now it's all going back in...
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  11:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

i've gained a lot of weight, more than i ever had in my life and grew an appetite and a little belly but now it's all going back in...

I wish i could take some pounds from your Buddha belly
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  1:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Chris, i've read somewhere that it's a phase and it really sounds like it bcz somehow i don't know... after this last episode of overloading and self pacing and calming down it's all going back to normal kind of..

i've read that it's too much fire in the solar plexus and the belly which burns a lot of food and that it's an overload symptom from overdoing pranayama and something which i didn't noticed until i read Yogani's lesson http://www.aypsite.org/379.html.

i used to feed them sudden ecstatic breath intakes from my mouth a lot bcz they felt so good and very yammy and if i remember right if that symptom kept on i would've really grown a big belly but in a bad way...

i think i read some of that stuff in the book "nothing ever happened" on the life of Papaji who sort of had a close to similar problem but from practices done in a past life and Robert Svoboda's aghori's "kundalini" book.

namaste kind one
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  3:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok.. Ananda..
that could be one cause..
coz it really happened since the pranayama stuff..quite suddenly,
and since then, stable weight, with 1 kilo + or - whenever i skip a meal (not by will! but bad timing).

So, will eat all the good fats possible! and anyway,
soon, i'll be solicitating all my muscles: will do dynamic meditation for 2 weeks at Osho's ashram + other physical activities..
i just came back from Mahashivarathri now.. much earlier than expected..
Simply felt "i'm not at the right place"..
a little voice inside is telling me that soon i'll drop all the yoga practices i've been doing for 5 years now..
they served me.. served me well!
but there's this voice that tells me this path is not for me anymore..
need some "fluent" kinds of techniques.. more feminine..
dono how to express it in a better way..
Will see it more clearly once in India.

Meanwhile, eating....eating as much as i can eat!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  6:04:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear et bon appetit.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  05:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have also lost 5 kgs since 2/3 months (started ayp january 2015) and I am wondering if it is due to ayp practices.

My wife says I am eating less but I do not have this impression.

I also had days ago a few liver and especially bladder disorders : could it be a consequence of the practices ?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  10:00:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I also had days ago a few liver and especially bladder disorders : could it be a consequence of the practices ?

"Liver disorder" sounds troubling, best to clear it with your physician.
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2015 :  06:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Dogboy but it was ok after 3 days ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000