Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Do nature sounds support you doing yoga?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

video2relax

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  07:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Do you listen to nature sounds while doing yoga?

Do relaxing sounds support yoga-sessions?

What are your experiences and your favorite sounds?

Edited by - video2relax on Jul 16 2015 07:12:40 AM

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  09:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My path has led me to expresses all eight limbs of yoga throughout the day, so yes, of course nature sounds overlap. The other day I was having the air conditioning my car repaired, so decided on a long walk while I waited. I live In a beach community and walked to one a mile and a half away; sat atop a boulder to meditate, a salty breeze and the warm morning sun caressing my face. Gulls cried overhead, the tide pounded the pebbly beach hard then sang like crickets as the water receded across the stones. Pratyahara came on with ease.

At the end of samyama my phone rang. A loose hose clamp was the source of my troubles, there would be no charge. I can't help but believe it was part of the Grand Scheme to bring me to that beach, at that time
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  10:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi video2relax,

Welcome to the forum. Yoga practice (asana and meditation) is turning your senses inward, be with yourself.
Yoga in nature can be very relaxing. You feel connected with the elements.

Yoga on music or if you listen to music with sounds of nature, this can help you to relax, but your senses are not inward, they are with the music. This is the same with meditation, guided meditation, or meditation on music or sounds. It is relaxing, nice but it is not real meditation practice.

Sure it can give good feelings, there is nothing against it, but it is not helping you to improve your yoga practice.

Yoga & Meditation can be a struggle in the beginning, but it is worth to do practice without music, only then you will learn to know yourself.

My own experience is that in the beginning of my yoga path, I used sometimes music, it helped me with my struggle on the mat, to practice every day. I also used sometimes guided meditations.

One day I stopped with music and guidance, it had to grow I guess

Enjoy your practice
edit spelling.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 16 2015 10:57:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000