Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Caught between the devil and deep sea
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  4:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The problem that I am encountering is that when I cultivate sexual energy or have tantric sex, my mind goes dull for the whole day. It continues to fell good for some hours but the mind does not feel like doing any work. I can just get through work in office but cannot do anything remotely challenging.

Then I move to being celibate for a few days and then some energies crop up in body and become so intense that it gets very difficult. In this case too getting anything done remotely challenging is difficult. So then I move back to cultivating sexual energy/tantric sex and the intense energies subside but then the mind goes dull again. So I have been moving back and forth. Seems like the body is addicted to hormones and if it doesn’t get some daily, it revolts.

I want to add that I have done vipassana meditation for 2000-3000 hrs in the past ten years and still do it regularly for 1-2 hrs daily. I have been practicing tantra/ holdback for 3 years now. Its been some ride since I started practicing tantra. I did spinal breathing for two months but must have overdone it. I did not realize that it could be so powerful. I haven’t done any spinal breathing in the past 2 months to avoid overloads.

I remember when I was doing celibacy with vipassana before I got into tantra, everything was so good. My mind longs for that state. The problem with that state was that our marital relations were getting adversely affected. Tantra gave a lot but took away a lot too.

Any way out of this mess?

vd007

USA
38 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  12:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Any input on the above matter would be highly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  10:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vd007, and welcome!

Sounds like you need to find a balance in all of your practices. In AYP, we call this "self-pacing," which you have been obliged to do by necessity.

I can't really comment much on vipassana in relation to tantric sexual practices, but can tell you that well-paced AYP deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, and other elements in the AYP system are compatible with both tantric sex or celibate lifestyle choices.

It seems your challenge isn't only about the tantric aspect, but balancing your entire routine in relation to your family life. I am sure you will find a way forward. Most here have been doing the same thing with reasonable success. It takes some time. This awkward stage will pass, and new openings await you and those around you.

On tiredness after tantric sex, this lesson echos some of the same points: http://www.aypsite.org/T72.html

You can find many similar discussions here in the tantra forum. Feel free to chime in anywhere. You are not alone.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000