Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Sex
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  09:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since i started with asanas classes 2 per week i have been experiencing sometimes and increased sexual desire.We use to work sometimes with lower areas,like pelvic are for example.
What i experience some days,like for example today is an awakening of sexual desire.Sometimes is really painful and the need for having sex is really strong.

I dont have girlfriend or simmilar and i think is not a good idea to be involved in mundane sexual environment.I would like to deal with it from a yogic perspective.

There are many stored strong sexual desires inside and now i feel they are awakening.I feel them trying to fing a way but the feeling is like hitting a wall all the time.

Could you help me with this issue?whic is the best way for managing all this sexual stuff in a possitive way?

Im sure many men and women find this kind of problem in the spiritual path,sooner or later.Its there waiting in our purification process.Due to my sensitivity i dont know if using tantra lessons would be a good idea.

thanks.

Edited by - miguel on Feb 03 2010 09:43:33 AM

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  09:45:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would never call this a "problem" since my sexual desire decreased long ago:) Currently I'm doing it to do my responsibility:) and to be honest I really miss that beautiful lust a lot.
Once a while but very rare, I feel it again and when it happens you know what I'm doing? I'm just enjoying the feeling of it. Because only then i recall how beautiful energy it is. Also it doesn't mean that you have to act or do something. Just be aware of it and enjoy it. This is a kind of energy after all and makes you feel alive right? So enjoy it:)
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  10:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

quote:
Originally posted by miguel

Could you help me with this issue?whic is the best way for managing all this sexual stuff in a possitive way?

Im sure many men and women find this kind of problem in the spiritual path,sooner or later.Its there waiting in our purification process.Due to my sensitivity i dont know if using tantra lessons would be a good idea.

thanks.

I experienced this, though I could never exactly bring myself to perceive it as a problem.

"Sexual energy issues" on the yogic path, in my experience, are much more about mind (thinking) than the body.

Increase in sexual energy is just what's happening; some of us experience this at points during our practices; I sure did. It's helpful to remember that sexual energy is physical; it's not inherently mental or emotional.

Related thoughts and emotions about the increase in sexual energy are reactions to your evaluations about what to do or not to do; the reactions are not to the energy itself ... which just is what it is.

Reacting to thoughts and feelings is like letting the song play you.

Every moment is a new universe; all we have to do it let it be. Literally.

There's no inherent conflict (anywhere, ever) that thinking mind doesn't make up; no problems, either.

Really.

And so, if you feel like directing your attention elsewhere (away from engaging in activity "inspired" by the increase in sexual energy) ... as with all attention-redirecting, you'll find that it can be a lot easier than your mind thinks it will be.

Spend fifteen to twenty minutes directing your attention elsewhere, and the "increased sexual energy issue" will likely be forgotten about for hours.

I'm not even necessarily recommending this; there's no reason I see that the increase in sexual energy should be suppressed, controlled or avoided. Sexual energy is much like feeling hungry, or maybe tired (there are actually quite a few yogic recommendations about diet and sleep, as well as sex, depending on who you listen to; I've never been all that good at listening to any of them. Don't tell anyone. )

Meaning: sexual energy is consummately natural energy; as natural as breathing, eating or sleeping. You can use it; you can not use it; you can take your mind off it; you can celebrate life with it; "Whatev".

It's really not a huge deal, in any case.

"Do whatever you want, and meditate" as Swami Lakshmanjoo said.

And (just by the way) ejaculating can help release the sense of physical and energetic buildup, and unless you begin doing so very often (see AYP tantra lessons for suggested minimum time-frames), it shouldn't negatively impact your practices in any way, and may even help them (ongoing concern about anything is at least as energetically depleting as ejaculation; likely much more so).

I hope this helps.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Feb 03 2010 10:15:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  12:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Miguel :)

I totally agree with what have been said here..
sexual energy is creative energy of life.. no more no less.
The problem arises when the mind label it as a "problem" or an "issue
that must be tempered".
When the urge comes - and it seems it is pretty strong - don't make a problem out of it.. instead of building a "wall of resistance" in the mind, try to look at it and feel the quality of it..
Let it express itself and move as it likes.. but remain a watcher!
If there is an opportunity for it to be shared with another being,
let it be, without guilt, enjoy it, but remain a watcher..
Sexual energy and pleasure is a gift from God..
It is a sign that we are ALIVE.
It's good that asanas are stimulating energy blockages in the lowest chakras.. so, enjoy these good news and happenings.
All openings are great news..
and as the sexual desires arise, they will fade back again after a while.. and as long as you are maintaining a regular practice routine, don't worry about any energy disturbance - if it occurs - that could result from sexual indulgence..
Don't suppress the energy.. let it flow freely and be a watcher..

It's not a curse, but a blessing!
and all the tensions come from the mind.
Do what you feel, with awareness.
No good no bad. The only sin is unawareness.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  01:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi miguel,udiyana bandha ,nauli kriya,and viparita karani mudra,could be a great help.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Thank you very much for all the good advices.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000