Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Energy loss from ejaculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Today I began wondering; Is there any correlation between the volume of sexual fluid expelled during an orgasm and the amount of prana lost? If we have a small orgasm where hardly any fluid is lost, will we experience less pranic loss than a high volume orgasm?

Has anyone else ever thought about this before, or have any experience in this matter?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think there is any correlation. I have felt a great loss before with little semen, and other times seemingly no loss at all with more semen.

The correlation I have noticed is the more time you spend in sexual endeavors vs spiritual practices, the more loss there will be in each ejaculation. I think it is related to the primary intent over time.

However, tantric sex may modify that equation.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 23 2010 11:31:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

tamasaburo

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  12:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've personally found, that besides blocking (or maybe even more than blocking?), the number-one thing I can do to create less subjective post-orgasmic energy loss is to make sure I have a lot of pre-orgasmic stimulation first. Ironically, I think the quick orgasm is the most draining. I can recall one specific time when I was feeling very sort of frustrated with pent-up sexual energy and decided to masturbate to a quick orgasm, after which I felt very drained and depressed. Conversely, there have been many times when I had an orgasm (blocked is better, but even unblocked) after a long time in pre-orgasmic sex, after which I felt little energy loss and a pleasant, ecstatic afterglow feeling.

I do think there is some correlation between the sensation of the semen passing through the urethra and the subjective post-orgasmic energy loss (maybe that feeling stimulates prolactin or some other "energy-lowering" chemicals...) as I've noticed sometimes if I fail at blocking I can feel a kind of sudden drop accompanying the sensation of the semen in the urethra. However, I still think the most important thing by far (other than limiting overall orgasmic frequency) is to get in a good, long period of pre-orgasmic stimulation prior to the final orgasm. Whether you let 1 tsp or 2 tsp of semen escape will probably not make that much of a difference. (And in fact, I recall there not being that much semen when I had the afforementioned "quickie," and yet it was very, very draining).

Just my experience. Don't know if it accords with others.

Edited by - tamasaburo on Jan 23 2010 12:57:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  2:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's primarily about the uncontrolled muscle contractions where the energy goes (man or woman). The fluid is secondary. If the muscle contractions happen, then the fluid retention helps, because the body doesn't feel the need to produce more; so there's a little energy kept there. All our work with mudras and bandhas is about muscle contractions. When the prana accumulates, even a small contraction sends the energy surging. When it is depleted, even a strong contraction feels weak. That's why when one abstains for a long time, plus receives a sudden stimulation (for example, from a super hottie copping a feel of the scrotum), the orgasm can happen suddenly, embarrassing. Whereas, if the stimulation comes on gently and slowly, with mindfulness, the orgasm spreads out all over the body, without contractions.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000