Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra and guilt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  09:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have recently begun practicing tantra, and I have been experiencing lots of guilt associated with allowing myself to have orgasms now. Even though I have had only two in the past 3 or 4 weeks, (which is a vast improvement over my previous habits), I still feel like i have let myself down in a way. I know I am only giving myself a hard time, but it doesn't make it any easier to not feel guilty.

I know I have a tendency to be too hard on myself sometimes. I guess I expect perfection in what I do..this is yet another challenge for me to overcome. When I think about where I was at before beginning Tantric practices, I realize that already I am worlds apart from there. I used to have sometimes 2-4 orgasms every single day.. no wonder I could never pay attention during meditation. lol

Anyway, kind of got sidetracked there.. back to the topic; Has anyone ever experienced similar feelings of guilt associated with allowing yourself to have orgasm after dedicating yourself to tantic practices? If so, what kind of reasoning did you use to get yourself out of these harmful cycles of thought?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ClearWhiteLight....

I have totally had the same feelings of guilt associated with orgasming after dedicating myself to Tantric practices. Especially when it is accidental (meaning I go one stroke too far and have to block). This is something I am still struggling with, and I don't have much in the way of advice for getting around the guilt other then to realize that the past is the past, and there is nothing you can do about it in the now. Probably not any more help for you then it is for me. Would love to hear others comments on this. Just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone in these feelings.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Clear White Light,

My feeling is to favor the positive change instead of focusing on the guilt..
We all go through this phase.. and maybe it will come again..
There is no goal to reach. Putting a target of perfection, purity, whatever it is, in the future, puts stress on ourselves and create tension inside..
Better notice our feelings at the moment they arise.
Whatever they are, welcome your feelings, desires as they come.
But instead of rushing into them, try to take the time to 'look' at them, to watch them, as they arise..
Sometimes the urge is pretty intense and it is hard to watch.
But little by little, accepting our desires, watching them, will help in growing awareness and detachment.
Neither resisting nor indulging.. right in the middle!
And most important thing: whatever happens, it is ok.. as long as we continue favoring our sadhana, whatever it is..
Favoring the silence and cultivating the energy so that it opens the channels upward..

Peace and Love
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  12:44:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found that feelings of guilt, repression and taboo is stored in the lower chakras. Actually stimulating the perineum and rectum during orgasm, either while blocking or not is a way to realize how one's guilty feelings are from these places. Once you see that, then you are liberated from thinking the guilt is somehow real. It's just a memory perhaps over several lives. When we have feelings with no basis and try to associate them with some event, we are captive. Realizing that feelings actually stick around with no reason or basis for feeling them is the liberating experience. It is a step toward recognizing that all experience is like that, and is the finger pointing to the ultimate nature of being (the innate awareness).

Adamant
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000