Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantra and Single Women
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  03:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
The volume on Tantra by Yogani is the only one I read, then discarded. Somehow, it was all about the man and I couldn't see how it can fit in the life of a single woman with no partner to stimulate her the way it is described in the book.

The other comment I would like to make on sexual stimulations - Root lock - Why squeeze the anal muscles? I had been automatically squeezing the vaginal muscles before I read about the root lock and made the shift to the anal. A woman finds more pleasure in the vagina (open for counter-point of views. And how come nothing is said on the breasts? ... sorry Yogani, I just wondered if you gave the women anatomy enough thought.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  09:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

And how come nothing is said on the breasts?

Hi SeySorciere:

Funny you should mention this, because an upcoming tantra lesson on breast and nipple stimulation is planned, for both women and men.

Regarding the rest, AYP attempts to present traditional methods for most effective results, including the use of mudras and bandhas, which are not primarily genital-oriented for the man either.

Siddhasana does have an angle specific for women, and you may wish to check it out here: http://www.aypsite.org/T28.html (the main siddhasana lesson is here)

Admittedly, yoga has been largely a man's field over the centuries, and I am all for leveling the playing field. In time, it will happen. Maybe AYP can serve as a catalyst for continuing development along these lines.

There are some excellent books on tantra by women. Margo Anand is one of the prominent authors and teachers in the field. Perhaps others here who are up-to-date on tantra from the womans's point of view can recommend more resources.

Thanks for bringing this up.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere

My wife has been practicing AYP with me for a couple of months now, and we have both found that mulabandha (the squeezing of the sphincter muscles) is more ecstatic for both of us if we don't isolate the anal muscles, but basically tense the entire pelvic floor. Vaginal, anal, all the muscles down there. We both find it much more effective then just squeezing the sphincter muscles. This may not be the "traditional" way, but experientially, it is more effective for us. Perhaps it would be the same for you. Maybe worth a try anyways

Love.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  12:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani - I will look forward to that.

Thank CarsonZ - Noted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000