New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  02:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

Rather than run myself into the ground and crack-up, thought i should reach out?

I have mentioned parts of this in other posts........

I have massive responsibilities now, for more than two years including an elderly helpless parent. I have few skills in all that i am being demanded to manage and have little to no help. At the start of this, menopause plus stress drained my adrenals....stayed in flight-or-fight/bad sleep/sleepless mode for too long, was feeling like nervous break-down time.

Finally rescued myself with yin foods, Kriya Yoga, Robert Monroe's Gateway Program (Wave 1), healing sessions with Bruno Groening's Spirit (Google). Brain became balanced/was sleeping great/healthier!

Later Kriya experiments created too much heat/anger/fear and somewhat bi-polar activity...over-did it!

I stopped the kriyas for about 3 months. Heat minimized, and panic and "bi-polar" stopped. I was continuing Gateway, then began AYP Deep Meditation. During this period i was told by an intuitive friend that i needed entities removed from my field, who might be causing me to be non-productive and immobile. A trained spiritualist said that my anger/fear/negativity (which still come and go) are not only attractants for them, and there for them to identify with, but are exacerbated by them to create more energy for them to feed on!

For lack of good communication, removal failed. This week i was told by a total stranger that i still have "guests".

Also, here and there (once last week and now for two days), i am nervous/scared of everything/starting to panic again/crying at the drop of a hat/am irritable and angry and my teeth chatter here and there. It feels different than just menopausal swings, but who knows??

For much of the time described i have been absolutely immobile, which makes it almost impossible to address these massive responsibilities, care for my parent, take care of myself, or even do more than sit at the computer with the space-heater going! Not getting out of the house, not exercising, no plan for survival for us, no income of my own, missing bill payments, VERY MUCH afraid of sinking back into the worst of where i was one and a half years ago!

Though for many days i only get to DM once per 24 hours, (a fact which makes me cry too!) i am wondering if the neural cleansing isn't bringing old symptoms to the surface???

Mysticism and helping others is all i live for and have no interest in Earthly life AT ALL!

To summerize, the complexity here is immobility, spirit-attachment, fragility, serious sleep deprivation (sometimes) from just refusing to sleep!, unstable hormones/emotions/mental state, shabby practice, unable to cope, don't know how to care for myself (hard to do when you are out of balance!) and not enough focus/mental energy to apply to figuring it all out. Very negative spiral, too many defeating things all at once which dove-tail into one-another! Today and yesterday were too awful, so i thought i'd put the word out before it got worse.

I am playing "The Miracle Prayer: Special Edition"(The Hebrew Ana Beko'ach from Genesis) recording from Tybro Inc. (Google) in my room day and night, in hopes that it will produce some relief. Also do healing sessions with Bruno Groening still, around 3 a.m. when doing distance-healings on patients.

I don't know what else to do anymore, in order to dig myself out, VERY STUCK! Thank G-D my desire and mystical inspiration are constant and unstoppable.

I started doing DM on Oct 6 of this year...might it would be useful to start the Spinal Breathing to maybe balance-out the Kundalini movement?

The symptoms that seem related to Her are consistent, pleasant aches at the base of my spine, and my seat just gets warm at times. Also there are little bursts of heat and moisture around eye sockets, particularly just below the third eye (more so when i'm angry or upset), tiny bumps inside on the upper surface of the end of my nose. Also, intense constant sexual energy, despite menopause (I'm celibate). And, as of tonight, i am also vibrating all over, pretty rapid and smooth vibration. None of this is problematic at all though.

But.....HELP!

Much Love

Rael!

Edited by - AYPforum on Dec 31 2009 04:25:21 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  04:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  08:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,
Do you exercise? A six mile run works wonders. In college, I had a period that I was going thru that was not very nice including panic attacts and sleep issues. A doctor recommended that I start a running program. Imagine that, a doctor precribing exercise instead of drugs. Anyway, it worked. I've stayed with the running ever since (35 years). Not very fast, but long slow distance. Start walking and build up from there.
Good luck,
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bob,

I am a dancer and usually run/walk a lot, but lately this "stuckness" has gotten severe, last Winter i was out and about no matter what!...I m glad for your suggestion, and will keep it in mind when trying to break out of this. Dance class goes back into action soon, so that should help with some of it too! My doctor (way far away now) is like yours, a true healing presence!

Thank you much
and....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Smiles
Rael
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  08:59:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,
I agree with Bob, you need exercise and movement in your life. I have been where you are, well not the external circumstances, but the internal experiences and it sounds like where I was when I started AYP.

No matter how much it feels like you don't want to exercise, make yourself do it. If nothing else, walk. If it is snowing, walk in a mall or any other enclosed area. Join a gym. Stay away from spiritual stuff for a bit. Do your practices. Very short sessions of spinal breathing (yes, add this but only for a min or 2) and 5-10 min meditation. Do it twice a day. No matter how much your mind does not want to do this, force yourself to sit for your practices. Rest for 10 min or more after meditation. Then forget about spirituality for the day, till your next session (this is what is meant by do your practices like brushing your teeth). Rest of the day, move, movement will occupy your mind and take you out of this low you are getting into. The last thing I would suggest, but do it after this low has passed, read through the tantra lessons. If you are a celibate, and have been storing the sexual energy, then it will help you greatly if you learn to pull this energy higher and use it for your spiritual journey. Just saving the energy and not moving it upward will definitely lead to uncomfortable energy blocks.

Hope some of this helps.
Wish you a very happy new year.

PS: Also, if possible, read the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  09:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

I passed trought that some time ago.It was a long bad phase.
You need to realize all is spiritual,and you should be active in all areas of life.
Forget about spiritual things for a while but dont stop your practices.Go to the world a do normal activities,better non spiritual activities.You need to take some perspective.
Engange in no spiritual activities,have fun,meet friends and girls,drink a couple of beers...dont be afraid,all is your path.
The work by biron katie is an excelent idea also.

Dont worry,dont be afraid.Enjoy and meet people.They are great teachers.Non spiritual activities and non spiritual people are good teachers also.

All we are lerning.Dont get stuck in to that.God is everywhere,in hell and in heaven.

Yopu only need to let your atachment to spiritual practice go a little.When we discover the gold,is easy to be afraid about losing it and we focus all our energy in that.That leads to great pain and suffering also.Please,dont be afraid about losing you spiritual practice.Bhakti always will lead you there again,or not,but all happens for a reason and all is pefect in the perfect moment.

Let it go.You dont need all that suffering,thats not hapiness.Spiritual path doesnt mean suffering and pain for reaching a future event.Be happy NOW.

Take care.

Edited by - miguel on Dec 31 2009 09:16:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  09:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

I'ld like to echo what miguel says about Life, that all aspects of life are spiritual, Life is an ultimate teacher. Trust that all is turning out for the best, focus on things that you like to do. I think yeah that walking, dancing, might be a good idea. You can even go wild in your room, just to let go of some anxiety. You can write down on paper all the things that you feel or say to yourself what you feel at this moment- it's mindfulness that lets you accept what is here now.

If you have friends you can meet with them, have fun. Do anything that gets your mood up.

I wish you the best!!

Love,

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  12:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael....

quote:
Originally posted by Rael

Rather than run myself into the ground and crack-up, thought i should reach out?

Yeah, reaching out is probably a better approach then running yourself into the ground....glad you are reaching out....you've received some great advice already....hopefully I can add to that.

quote:

I have massive responsibilities now, for more than two years including an elderly helpless parent. I have few skills in all that i am being demanded to manage and have little to no help. At the start of this, menopause plus stress drained my adrenals....stayed in flight-or-fight/bad sleep/sleepless mode for too long, was feeling like nervous break-down time.

Believe it or not, (apart from the menopause thing) I know (from experience) exactly what this feels like. I spent almost 8 years in fight or flight mode...and my only coping mechanism at the time was hard drugs. Uppers to get me going, downers to keep me balanced from the uppers, and weed helped me deal with the anger of being an addict and having so many responsibilities and no help. It's no way to live, drugs or not. Time to take a deep breath and remember that struggle creates opening and that everything happens for a reason. You are where you are right now because this is right where you need to be in order to progress. Life has a way of putting us in situations that seem impossible to manage just so that we can come out the other side better for it all. At least that is my experience. Try to view this situation as necessary....try to see all this struggle as "character building"....as that is truly what it is. My wife and I are expecting our first child at the end of May beginning of June 2010, and because of this I have been doing a lot of research on childbirth...not sure if you have had a kid or not, but regardless....one thing I have learned through my research is that a lot of women who have had epidurals for one child, and a natural childbirth for another, have the opinion that natural is the only way to go....why? Because (from what I have heard) many of them, having gone through the trauma of natural, drug-free child birth, say that now that they have gone through that experience and have come out the other side, they know that they can do anything. If they can go through natural childbirth, they can do anything. I try to view every difficult situation as such. If I can get clean from methadone (which I have done), then there is nothing I can't do. It is the struggles in Life that make us who we are. If Life was all candy and roses what kind of people would we be? Pretty weak, pretty unempowered people. It is only once going through difficult, seemingly impossible situations that we can look back and say "If I can overcome "insert situation here", then I can overcome anything". Life doesn't give us situations we can't handle. Life seems to have a tendency to push us right to the edge of what we can handle, but if you can just hang on, try to be positive amidst the sea of negativity surrounding you, then once this is all over you will be that much stronger for it....and the next time a situation like this arises you will be much more equipped, much more capable of easily handling it.

quote:

During this period i was told by an intuitive friend that i needed entities removed from my field, who might be causing me to be non-productive and immobile. A trained spiritualist said that my anger/fear/negativity (which still come and go) are not only attractants for them, and there for them to identify with, but are exacerbated by them to create more energy for them to feed on!

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion so please take it as such, we attract that which we focus on. If you are focused on "entity attachment", guess what.....you'll have them. If you are focused on "being enlightened", guess what? One thing I have come to understand through experience is that our thoughts (more acurately, our belief of our thoughts) create our reality. If you believe you have entities attached to you and that you are feeding them with your negative energy, you will be. If you believe that they are gone, they'll leave. When I was a child I had a "demon" (or what I believed to be a demon) that would not leave me alone. It haunted me day in day out, even in my dreams. I physically saw it, I physically, mentally and spiritually felt it, it was real for me. But then I moved houses and totally believed that the "demon" didn't come with me....and, it didn't. This is where (again, IMO)the power of prayer, the power of exorcisms, the power of "cleansings" etc comes from....if you believe it will work, it will. Do what you need to do to believe these entities are no longer attached to you and they won't be. Again, this is just my opinion, so if you think I'm crazy, I probably am. Hahaha.

quote:

Also, here and there (once last week and now for two days), i am nervous/scared of everything/starting to panic again/crying at the drop of a hat/am irritable and angry and my teeth chatter here and there. It feels different than just menopausal swings, but who knows??

To me this sounds like definite energetic overload....back off on practices a bit....I'd do what Shanti suggested and do a short SBP practice (2-3 minutes) and then 5 or so minutes of DM followed by at least 10 minutes of rest. Having a short routine like that for a while will also help you (or should) get two sets of practices in...20 minutes twice a day including rest time....that's pretty reasonable isn't it? Oh, and do try to get at least a little exercise....even just a walk around the block would be better then not getting any exercise. Heck, even just a few jumping jacks in your living room would be better then sitting all day. It's important to get at least a little exercise every day when engaged in a serious sadhana like the AYP system.

quote:

For much of the time described i have been absolutely immobile

If you don't mind my asking (and please don't answer if it makes you uncomfortable), what is making you immobile?

quote:

makes it almost impossible to address these massive responsibilities, care for my parent, take care of myself, or even do more than sit at the computer with the space-heater going! Not getting out of the house, not exercising, no plan for survival for us, no income of my own, missing bill payments, VERY MUCH afraid of sinking back into the worst of where i was one and a half years ago!

Fear....it perpetuates that which you fear. It's an endless cycle. But you seem to know exactly what the problem is, so.....take action. No one can DO it for you...we can all sit here (at our computers ) and toss around all kinds of advice, but it is up to you to DO something to change your situation...only you can do that.

quote:

Though for many days i only get to DM once per 24 hours, (a fact which makes me cry too!) i am wondering if the neural cleansing isn't bringing old symptoms to the surface???

I would guess that this is very likely. Many of your symptoms seem to at least be aggravated by seeming overload symptoms. Do two short practices every day, and get out of the house for at least a brief walk every day....maybe go for a swim or a hike or a bike ride....something. You need to "break out of this funk"....sitting there doing nothing about it will only make it worse. Sitting there complaining will totally just perpetuate it. Not saying that you shouldn't be reaching out here, I'm super happy you did, because it means that you don't want to continue this cycle, but now it is time to take action. You've identified the problem (lack of activity and a likely case of overloading from practices), now it is time to utilize a solution. And again, only you can DO it.

quote:

Mysticism and helping others is all i live for and have no interest in Earthly life AT ALL!

You sound so much like me.....I had this feeling/attitude for a long time. Even when I was on drugs and was making music for a living, my whole focus was on helping "awaken" others. Now I realize that the only way I can help someone, is by helping myself first. I am of ZERO help to anyone if I can't even manage to get out of my house because of whatever reason. In order to do that which you desire to do, you must first be strong, capable and balanced yourself. It seemed selfish to me at the time....focusing on "me"....but now I realize that there really is no "me" and that by helping myself I am helping everyone else. If you can help yourself get through this difficult time, you will be that much more able to help those around you. Seems a bit of a paradox, and it is....but (IMO) all Life's truths are paradoxes.....it's a paradox

Hope this helps even just a little. Take it easy on yourself.
Have a safe and HAPPY New Years

Love.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Dec 31 2009 12:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2009 :  1:08:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
..........and isn't that stuckness exactly the same stuckness that becomes frustration and then becomes that moment just before you do something. It's just like a sneeze. Everything that comes before is exactly how it is supposed to be.

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  05:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Hi Rael,
I agree with Bob, you need exercise and movement in your life. I have been where you are, well not the external circumstances, but the internal experiences and it sounds like where I was when I started AYP.

No matter how much it feels like you don't want to exercise, make yourself do it. If nothing else, walk. If it is snowing, walk in a mall or any other enclosed area. Join a gym. Stay away from spiritual stuff for a bit.
...........................................................................................................................................

Dear Shanti...HI!

Ok....I will start, even i it's strenuous housework, i will try to keep moving. The local gym is havng a sale on membership too....so maybe a little "group practice" there might be good?

=======================================================

Do your practices. Very short sessions of spinal breathing (yes, add this but only for a min or 2) and 5-10 min meditation. Do it twice a day. No matter how much your mind does not want to do this, force yourself to sit for your practices.

..........................................................................................................................................

My mind (ego?) is at odds with my desire....desire wants to practice ALL the time, ego wants to eat and distract and avoid everything...EVERYTHING!

Rest for 10 min or more after meditation. Then forget about spirituality for the day, till your next session (this is what is meant by do your practices like brushing your teeth). Rest of the day, move, movement will occupy your mind and take you out of this low you are getting into.

...........................................................................................................................................

I am usually somewhat able to do this, so i will try a little harder.

The last thing I would suggest, but do it after this low has passed, read through the tantra lessons. If you are a celibate, and have been storing the sexual energy, then it will help you greatly if you learn to pull this energy higher and use it for your spiritual journey. Just saving the energy and not moving it upward will definitely lead to uncomfortable energy blocks.

This is definitely what i have been saving it for. During the time when i was doing Kriyas, i was also doing a radical practice that involves lifting the diaphragm when holding the breath completely out (outlined in "the Eye of Revelation")....this trains Kundalini up, as does was doing the "Sodharshan Chakra Kriya" (AnmohlMehta.com). As mentioned, i think i over-did it, because i was also doing another Kriya and and testing a few others here and there, for future use. YIPSIE!

Hope some of this helps.
Wish you a very happy new year.

PS: Also, if possible, read the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie.

Funny you should mention this Shanti, because just before reading this, i kept somehow running into a web-ad for something Byron Katie is up to, and the name, because it's unusual, kept sticking with me! Hah Hah...you are tuned-in!

Thank you so much for all your goodness and brilliance
and may your New Year be filled with Happiness, Peace and Love of the Highest variety!

Cosmic Hugs

Rael

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  05:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Miguel and Yonatan

Your suggestions make sense, but i am also struggling with avoidance, so if i get too jolly out in the work, i may lose even more ground with what is mine to deal with. Because i am pretty much alone in this i can be off on a tangent in no time, because it feels good. This sitting and embracing the computer, same deal.

I am also in a suburb (now), which is cut-off from town and i have no one around me to spend time with. It is a huge effort now to go get on a bus and buzz around town during the day, or go out at night, which i LOVE! In places where i lived prior, all these things were right at hand, ya know? ....so there was an easy mix of fun, study, practice and responsibility. The responsibilities are now WAY out of balance, so i think i have over-compensated in the OTHER direction and just folded up, hoping G-D will save the day! I also detest the cold and it's Winter here. I thought i'd made peace with it by going out in storms a coupe of times, but that didn't do the trick this year!

Lovin' Hugs

Rael
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  05:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[quote]Originally posted by karl
..........and isn't that stuckness exactly the same stuckness that becomes frustration and then becomes that moment just before you do something. It's just like a sneeze. Everything that comes before is exactly how it is supposed to be.

Dear Karl

Earlier in my life, that seemed to be he pattern, but it seems to have worn-off? I would find that just at the apex of distress, when i was just about to quit something, success would come barreling in, with all the pieces falling into place.

I understand that things probably are the way they are supposed to be (and i will keep it in mind, at your prompting), but the "way" has somewhat changed.

Thank you

Sweet smiles
[/b]

[/b]

Edited by - Rael on Jan 02 2010 07:18:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  07:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Rael....

quote:

Yeah, reaching out is probably a better approach then running yourself into the ground....glad you are reaching out....you've received some great advice already....hopefully I can add to that.

That's true and thank you CarsonZi!

Believe it or not, (apart from the menopause thing) I know (from experience) exactly what this feels like. I spent almost 8 years in fight or flight mode...and my only coping mechanism at the time was hard drugs. Uppers to get me going, downers to keep me balanced from the uppers, and weed helped me deal with the anger of being an addict and having so many responsibilities and no help. It's no way to live, drugs or not. Time to take a deep breath and remember that struggle creates opening and that everything happens for a reason. You are where you are right now because this is right where you need to be in order to progress. Life has a way of putting us in situations that seem impossible to manage just so that we can come out the other side better for it all. At least that is my experience. Try to view this situation as necessary....try to see all this struggle as "character building"....as that is truly what it is.

I think that happened when things inside were MUCH MUCH worse, using good methods to re-kick start my evolution and create relief. This told me that from the worst can come the best, so it's disarming that i have settled into "stuckness' but i will keep in mind, as you all are saying, that it may have value. I am so happy to hear that you undid that intense spiral you were caught in for awhile...WOW!

My wife and I are expecting our first child (Congratulations and blessings!) at the end of May beginning of June 2010, and because of this I have been doing a lot of research on childbirth...not sure if you have had a kid or not (not) but regardless....one thing I have learned through my research is that a lot of women who have had epidurals for one child, and a natural childbirth for another, have the opinion that natural is the only way to go....why? Because (from what I have heard) many of them, having gone through the trauma of natural, drug-free child birth, say that now that they have gone through that experience and have come out the other side, they know that they can do anything. If they can go through natural childbirth, they can do anything.

Interesting

I try to view every difficult situation as such. If I can get clean from methadone (which I have done), then there is nothing I can't do. It is the struggles in Life that make us who we are. If Life was all candy and roses what kind of people would we be? Pretty weak, pretty unempowered people. It is only once going through difficult, seemingly impossible situations that we can look back and say "If I can overcome "insert situation here", then I can overcome anything". Life doesn't give us situations we can't handle. Life seems to have a tendency to push us right to the edge of what we can handle, but if you can just hang on, try to be positive amidst the sea of negativity surrounding you, then once this is all over you will be that much stronger for it....and the next time a situation like this arises you will be much more equipped, much more capable of easily handling it.

Yes

quote:

During this period i was told by an intuitive friend that i needed entities removed from my field, who might be causing me to be non-productive and immobile. A trained spiritualist said that my anger/fear/negativity (which still come and go) are not only attractants for them, and there for them to identify with, but are exacerbated by them to create more energy for them to feed on!

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion so please take it as such, we attract that which we focus on. If you are focused on "entity attachment", guess what.....you'll have them. If you are focused on "being enlightened", guess what? One thing I have come to understand through experience is that our thoughts (more acurately, our belief of our thoughts) create our reality. If you believe you have entities attached to you and that you are feeding them with your negative energy, you will be. If you believe that they are gone, they'll leave. When I was a child I had a "demon" (or what I believed to be a demon) that would not leave me alone. It haunted me day in day out, even in my dreams. I physically saw it, I physically, mentally and spiritually felt it, it was real for me.

GOOD GRIEF!!!

But then I moved houses and totally believed that the "demon" didn't come with me....and, it didn't. This is where (again, IMO)the power of prayer, the power of exorcisms, the power of "cleansings" etc comes from....if you believe it will work, it will. Do what you need to do to believe these entities are no longer attached to you and they won't be. Again, this is just my opinion, so if you think I'm crazy, I probably am. Hahaha.

Thank you....this is useful......i also think that Samyama could play a nice role here too, along these lines? Oh, and if you ARE crazy, welcome to the CLUB!!!

To me this sounds like definite energetic overload....back off on practices a bit....I'd do what Shanti suggested and do a short SBP practice (2-3 minutes) and then 5 or so minutes of DM followed by at least 10 minutes of rest. Having a short routine like that for a while will also help you (or should) get two sets of practices in...20 minutes twice a day including rest time....that's pretty reasonable isn't it? Oh, and do try to get at least a little exercise....even just a walk around the block would be better then not getting any exercise. Heck, even just a few jumping jacks in your living room would be better then sitting all day. It's important to get at least a little exercise every day when engaged in a serious sadhana like the AYP system.

Well, i found out something unexpected after the two days of sheer panic, i went to my chiropractor who asked "So anything happen after the last treatment?" I said something to the effect that i had an awful crash, and he seemed pleased that things were "moving"...so maybe that's what was behind the worst end of this, because there was no third day! I am still very much stuck, but not coming apart at the seams....that was the worst!

quote:

For much of the time described i have been absolutely immobile

If you don't mind my asking (and please don't answer if it makes you uncomfortable), what is making you immobile?

That is what i am not sure about: am guessing maybe:

Fear (of getting back into handling all these dangling and overwhelming tasks that i don't understand, and of making big mistakes that could affect our lives in serious ways. Not acting could also do the very SAME!

Depression from no change of routine, no Sun, no help, no comrades close by, total responsibility for a difficult/helpless person.

My mind escaping into what makes it feel good (AYP, E-mail, educational searches, Facebook, yakking on the phone), without enlivening the body to move. As i wrote the others, i am cut-off from the external situations i have been used to that allowed me to easily create a balance between my internal and external existences. Because i don't drink/do drugs/have sex/sleep regularly/dance enough/am artistically blocked/don't run anymore/don't watch TV, the ego seeks out whatever it can get to sooth it's savage nature! The pain is so great otherwise, even though the stimulus is basically all illusionary and ultimately transient!

Possibly "the entity" re-inforcing my own negative expression.

quote:

makes it almost impossible to address these massive responsibilities, care for my parent, take care of myself, or even do more than sit at the computer with the space-heater going! Not getting out of the house, not exercising, no plan for survival for us, no income of my own, missing bill payments, VERY MUCH afraid of sinking back into the worst of where i was one and a half years ago!

Fear....it perpetuates that which you fear. It's an endless cycle. But you seem to know exactly what the problem is, so.....take action. No one can DO it for you...we can all sit here (at our computers ) and toss around all kinds of advice, but it is up to you to DO something to change your situation...only you can do that.

Believe me, i know that to be true, but hearing it doesn't change whatever is creating it (no offense). From "under here", the only thing that seems feasible is Divine Intervention...no joke!

My parents handled this place and their lives just fine....they wanted this, they liked being in the world and engaging in their tasks and learning more about how to do so. I am opposite in nature...all of this must be forced and is AGONZING....it all also never seems to END! I have realized too, that, if we just plain had a lot more money, 95% of the things that are are stifling me would go "POOF"! I am not saying it would make me happy, i would just have more of a foot-hold in reality and not have to live "up-against" all these things that my nature is not about!...Ugh!

A friend of mine used to do professional massage and was amazed how different it was to work on the muscles of very rich women...they were as soft and relaxed a butter!...They had such minimally stressed existences that they didn't carry anything around in their bodies!

We are in the worst category in the U.S. now....middle class...not poor enough for benefits, not rich enough to exist without stress! I do understand that i myself translate external experience into an internally stressful situation, but i don't yet have enough skills to prevent it!.

quote:

I would guess that this is very likely. Many of your symptoms seem to at least be aggravated by seeming overload symptoms. Do two short practices every day, and get out of the house for at least a brief walk every day....maybe go for a swim or a hike or a bike ride....something. You need to "break out of this funk"....sitting there doing nothing about it will only make it worse. Sitting there complaining will totally just perpetuate it. Not saying that you shouldn't be reaching out here, I'm super happy you did, because it means that you don't want to continue this cycle, but now it is time to take action. You've identified the problem (lack of activity and a likely case of overloading from practices), now it is time to utilize a solution. And again, only you can DO it.

Yes...i will try. It should be a little easier now that the other more harsh symptoms have let-up!

quote:

Mysticism and helping others is all i live for and have no interest in Earthly life AT ALL![/quote]

You sound so much like me.....I had this feeling/attitude for a long time. Even when I was on drugs and was making music for a living, my whole focus was on helping "awaken" others. Now I realize that the only way I can help someone, is by helping myself first. I am of ZERO help to anyone if I can't even manage to get out of my house because of whatever reason. In order to do that which you desire to do, you must first be strong, capable and balanced yourself. It seemed selfish to me at the time....focusing on "me"....but now I realize that there really is no "me" and that by helping myself I am helping everyone else. If you can help yourself get through this difficult time, you will be that much more able to help those around you. Seems a bit of a paradox, and it is....but (IMO) all Life's truths are paradoxes.....it's a paradox

Yes, i know what you mean. I actually i have given myself consent to focus on myself, it is just somehow not working in practical terms, like i have taken a "lazy pill" that has shut me down, creating some sort of artificial inertia! As i recall (just this minute!), there may be finger mudras for just this problem....i will take a look....i HAVE to!

Hope this helps even just a little. Take it easy on yourself.
Have a safe and HAPPY New Years

Love.

[/quote]

To you too....it is helpful, and you are very generous and caring! Happy babying and may your life grow sweeter by the day, EVERY day!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Love and Hugs

Rael!

Edited by - Rael on Jan 02 2010 08:19:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  09:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rising Solutions?

Hi All!

Thank you for taking such interest and being so helpful....just your presence and concern has done a lot for me, and while replying, some things have come to the surface, and even before that time.

Should anyone find these useful for themselves, finger mudras (Google:Complete Person (educational blogspot)) are very effective in changing the inner/outer landscape. It is best to know your dominant doshas (test at "The Ayurvedic Institute" under "on-line resource"..." (1)Discover your constitution"..."(2) Discover your present state"..."(3) Doshas: etc. ) before-hand, so that you don't put any elements in your system out of balance or more so. I vaguely recall ones that address fear, apathy and inactivity, but didn't until replying to CarsonZi, for some reason!

Also, i was thinking that, since Yogani has stated that one can start Samyama instead of Spinal Breathing, once some quietude is acquired, possibly i could start a mild practice with that, if maybe it would relieve some very specific difficulties?.....A few of the sutras i can think of would be "lightness", "love', "prosperity", etc. I still have some technical questions concerning how to use it, but i am reading the book on it currently...one good thing i am (I AM!) doing for myself! I am also astrologically-inclined, so anything i start will be after Mercury goes direct in the sky (Around Jan 15th?).....That would give me more time to do better at my DM practice, and also ground it with your suggestions of greater activity.

Does any of his sound like a reasonable plan to anyone?

Think i will meditate now, rest and see how some improvements can be made!

Love to you All!

Cosmic Hugs

Sincerely

Rael

Edited by - Rael on Jan 02 2010 8:23:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  10:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I still have some technical questions concerning how to use it, but i am reading the book on it currently...one good thing i am (I AM!) doing for myself!

Hi Rael,

I've never read the book.Don't have it. BUt you touch on the vaguest feeling associated with a word ( like before the meaning crystalisses ,in the mind), then let it go into the inner silnece you have cultivated during DM.

Btw if you are feeling a bit crazy and tender( emotionally speaking-like you've just been cooked if that makes anysense), as i did when istarted here sounds like the DM. As i there is alot of unconcscious deep clearing going on- the deeper layers of ouor subconscious mind,personality etc. One can feel rather strange even like a new personality has emerged. It can be nice to get it confirmed heere that yes youare not going insane and folk telling you at least) that good things are happening.As a gloabl purifier, DM works on the tiniest of levels, like a very fine & subtle karmic tooth comb. I had some quite heavy heart openings when i started here, that feeling that LOVE was the key and real meaning of life and all that, which of course it is, but then i was laden with some heavvvy obstructions.

Edit-Regarding Samyama practice- it is the letting go part( for 15 secs-long enough they say before the mind wants to find something/thought to thn latch onto) which is important- it is the vastness of pure bliss conciousness(or inner silence) one is letting go into

And another t hing- it is good to write posts here ,reach out - as it helps you on your journey.What do they say?- sharing the company of other travllers- satsang - is very benfoicial on the road to enlightnement or some such thing, least for some time ( i think i read something like least 25% of the equation,but an important one gurus, other spiritual company,just being in the presence of those others seeking thir true self or however you want to put it. if you've hung around kriya yoga circles you will get my drift etc). -And you will findd the forum very tolerant,open-minded and supportive.Understanding.No-one judges anyone else here( in keeping with a yoga forum), as we're supposedly beyond all that.

Thanks for offloading.Sounds like you're doing well in the context of some of the background issues you raise.

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 02 2010 11:13:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  12:11:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

[quote]Originally posted by Akasha

[quote]Originally posted by Rael

I still have some technical questions concerning how to use it, but i am reading the book on it currently...one good thing i am (I AM!) doing for myself!

Hi Rael,

I've never read the book.Don't have it. But you touch on the vaguest feeling associated with a word ( like before the meaning crystalizes in the mind), then let it go into the inner silence you have cultivated during DM.

HI Akasha!

Yes!

Btw if you are feeling a bit crazy and tender( emotionally speaking-like you've just been cooked if that makes any sense),

Oh YES!

as i did when i started here sounds like the DM. As i there is a lot of unconcscious deep clearing going on- the deeper layers of our subconscious mind,personality etc. One can feel rather strange even like a new personality has emerged.

Wow...i could REALLY use one of those!...REALLY!

It can be nice to get it confirmed here that yes you are not going insane and (folks telling you at least) that good things are happening.As a global purifier, DM works on the tiniest of levels, like a very fine & subtle karmic tooth comb. I had some quite heavy heart openings when i started here, that feeling that LOVE was the key and real meaning of life and all that, which of course it is, but then i was laden with some heavy obstructions.

Interesting...., do you know why that happened?

Edit-Regarding Sam
yama practice- it is the letting go part( for 15 secs-long enough they say before the mind wants to find something/thought to then latch onto, which is important...it is the vastness of pure bliss consciousness (or inner silence) one is letting go into

And another thing- it is good to write posts here ,reach out - as it helps you on your journey.What do they say?- sharing the company of other travelers- satsang - is very beneficial on the road to enlightenment or some such thing, at least for some time ( i think i read something like at least 25% of the equation, but an important one gurus, other spiritual company, just being in the presence of those others seeking their true self or however you want to put it. if you've hung around kriya yoga circles you will get my drift etc).

No, but i'd LOVE TO!!!

-And you will find the forum very tolerant,open-minded and supportive.Understanding.No-one judges anyone else here( in keeping with a yoga forum), as we're supposedly beyond all that.

I am just stunned by the beauty, sophistication and intensity of all that is part of this sight....what a phenomenon! I feel "virtually", right at home here!

Thanks for offloading.Sounds like you're doing well in the context of some of the background issues you raise.

Thank you, that means a lot to me, and thank you for being there!

Cosmic Hugs

Rael!!

edited by ayp moderator for formatting only

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 03 2010 01:56:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

seamus23

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  08:07:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit seamus23's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some great input here. Reading your posts here, I am seeing lots of words like "struggle", "fear", "overwhelming" , "entity".

A few questions, and some suggestions, which are worth what you are paying for them

1) When was the last time you watched a funny movie, or a comedian, and just laughed?

Do so, laughter is one of the most effective clearing techniques we can use

2) When was the last time you jammed out to some music?

Music is great to get us into an energetic flow, to provide catharsis for stopped up emotions, and to connect us with the emotions and views of other folks

3) Do you keep a journal?

There is a certain magic is writing things down, things no one else will have to see, and doing it over a period of time. Simple exercises like writing down three things you are grateful for everyday (on bad days I write stuff such as being able to walk, to see, and having food) can help us practice our focus on what is truly important

4) Have you called out the entities (for lack of a better term, you call them entities so let's go with that), blessed them for doing their job, reassured them to not fear, and sent them packing?

Lets consider the entity thing as a useful paradigm for this conversation.

In my limited experience, the vast majority of "entities" are somewhere in the range between psychic cockroaches and simple minded house pets. They have a divine role, just like a cockroach does, but we don't allow cockroaches to run around the pantry. We don't allow the family pet to poop on the floor . "Entities" are the same, they usually do what we allow them to do through ignorance or neglect. This doesn't make them bad or scary or powerful. They are simply critters acting according to their nature, and following their own path to enlightenment.

One school of thought would say that these entities, seeing you grow and expand and move beyond their influence, are now growing scared. They might see their own existence as being threatened, which is why (again, in my limited experience) being firm with them, blessing them for doing their job, them kicking out of the house (like a dog that poops on the rug or chews up the carpet) while reassuring them not
to fear is often effective. It removes your own fear or repulsion (both forms of attachment imo) of them, and if they are actual beings, gives them the cosmic kick in the butt they need to move on and start attending to their own growth, instead of glomming around and getting under your feet (metaphorically speaking).

Anyway, that is my perspective. Remember that you are a child of the Divine, a beautiful soul with infinite potential that is loved, infinitely. Have a great day!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  08:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Also, i was thinking that, since Yogani has stated that one can start Samyama instead of Spinal Breathing, once some quietude is acquired, possibly i could start a mild practice with that, if maybe it would relieve some very specific difficulties?
Does any of his sound like a reasonable plan to anyone?

Hi Rael,
I still think SpB would be the best next step for you. If you have been celibate, and you have so much excess energy, I really think doing a couple of minutes of SpB will smooth things out a bit.

Of course, you are welcome to do samyama if that is what you are feeling drawn to do right now and add SpB later.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  3:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi

Thank you for leaving more info my friends!
Will read soon...in a rush,

Blessings!
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  4:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello rael,i will always give a try to mrityunjaya mantra recitation with pranayam,the 32 durga names are also very blissful mantras,there are many yoga kriyas that provides bliss,like nauli kriya,to relax tensions 20 minutes of surya namaskar in ujayi,combined with trikonasanas ,streches the whole body and if you finish relaxing deep in shavasana,the sadhana is very effective.WARNING dont try to meditate if you have a bad mood or if you havent purified your nadis by nadi shodan pranayam,otherwise it will harm you.best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  7:33:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael :) ,

quote:

HI Akasha!

Yes!
quote:

quote:
Btw if you are feeling a bit crazy and tender( emotionally speaking-like you've just been cooked if that makes any sense),

Oh YES!

Perhaps i meant Raw, or cooked. Sounds to me like the Deeep meditation. It does that, least it did that to me when i began. It cleears away layers ( or karmic debris) in the unconcious mind, deep IN there.

quote:
Wow...i could REALLY use one of those!...REALLY!

If you're really relaxed DM will do it's job.YOu can do body scans(somatic surveys) and so forth to consciously relax the body beforehand if necessary.. AS you are transcending the body through the writhdrawal of the senses - pratyahara-this is like the middle limb in patanjali 8-limbed yoga, and DM draws on 5 & 6,7 & 8- as you venture deeper inwards, more systematically though you can hover about, and be integrating the use of them all..

You may even feel sleepy after DM, at times.It is original awareness or pure consciousness that induces a state of bliss, also called turiya the fourth state-like a deep sleep while you.re awake..

I'll qoute from wikipedia:-

quote:
In the waking consciousness there is a sense of 'I' (self identity) and awareness of thoughts. In the sleep/dream state there is no or little sense of 'I' but there are thoughts and awareness of thoughts. In the deep sleep state there is no awareness of thoughts or 'I'. In Turiya there is awareness of the 'I' but there are no thoughts. This is what makes it unique from the other 3 states.

You need confirmation from others in yoga otherwise you are never sure what you are doing is right, and endlessly experiementing, and exploring.
quote:

quote:
Interesting...., do you know why that happened?

I was a neophyte who did'nt know what he was doing.As long as i'm continually learning, my own practice will benefit rather than stagnate.

quote:

if you've hung around kriya yoga circles you will get my drift etc).
quote:
No, but i'd LOVE TO!!!

I've omiited the context some of your quotes were in so as not to bulk the post out..But this is my first intro. to kriya yoga in the form of SbP. I will say it does involve consistent daily practice- even a couple of mins, or 5 can make a difference to the rest of your day though... As has been said before it really is up to us to use the tools avaliable.

quote:

I am just stunned by the beauty, sophistication and intensity of all that is part of this sight....what a phenomenon! I feel "virtually", right at home here!

welcome to a home within your home- the reall home is inwaards as you've discovered- this teeming universe right here inside

quote:

quote:

Thank you, that means a lot to me, and thank you for being there!

That means a lot to me too!!

quote:
Cosmic Hugs

And same to you.....

we are very lucky to have you here... ... A chance to put your feet up.....:0)

Love Akasha x

p.s if there is any suffering going on, in your life or whatever, the DM will create some distance between you or the "I" , and the SbP will iron out any kundalini issues. i maybe be wrong about this but i've picked up some subliminal concerns about safety. Alot of folk all too often seem scared about the horror stories they hear about connected with kundalini syndromes or premture awakening that went somehow wrong, or pear-shaped.I mean over-scared.Although often it can be unjustified and irrational fear, as someitme when we plant a thought in people's heads they attach to it and make themselves scared just by thinking about it,dwelling on it.. There is reason to be cautious if you lack the necessary tools and knowledge and a balanced approach to how to remedying it, but really with AYP you have what has been described as a middle-ground approach ,working directly on the 2nd or third koshas/bodies ( if that makes any sense- generally 5 subtle bodies or koshas/sheaths interwrapped like babushka dolls around each other.- often recognised in yoga) and of ocourse you have something called self-pacing. So really there is very little to fear with AYP.)The emphasis is on being responsible for your own practice as who else is there to regulate it but yourself.No one else can do it for you. That said.i don't know anyone that has run into difficulties with AYP that have'nt been resolve. Plenty of folk have come here with major diffculties including myself which thankfully are on the wane.Most of the practices work on purifying the subtle nervous system in a balanced way.The rest of yoga can then open up as it should.It might not come h overnight depnding on how much obstructions you already come here with with but if you're patient and dillgent, and sincere you'll get there.

Let us know about any major suffering and it should be dealt with.

Also about the spiritual entities my intuition although i cannot relate from personal experience is that i tend to share what has been said before, that such things are often only as real as the amount of time and energy we choose to give to them. other than that it is not something i cn say i am familar with, can relate, so i could be talking out of my hat :).Just talkiing from the gut. You could have a whole universe of 'entites' as you put it. It is not for me to say what it is you are experiencing- if it real for you then that is what it is..

pps

AYP seems like a pretty safe system ( it is often incorrect practice tht can create difficulty eventually down the line) because it has saftey measures built all through it. and becuase of the practices. Even if you do encounter something it usually minor can be recitifed. i don't think you can make any major mistakes that cannot be recitified, remedied. In my case the mistakes came from lack of informaion ,( experience to some extent and appropriate tools ( i.e aYP.) Not to harp on about my own experiences but In my case i was using uddiyana bhanda and ujjayi and asana and a little tantric sexual methods ( what i believe they might here call mechanical or gymnastic vajroli- the ayp line here is the rise of natural vajroli happens naturally through cultivating ecstatic bliss through the 2 core practices. They can get you their on their own. also i knew nothing about self-pacing, unique to ayp. I was basically a neophyte who thought that all yoga could do no harm, nothing but good.i did'nnt know enough. But it is useful to learn this way as you should be better able to identify folk that have gone off the rails and be able to better offer and appropriate advise. really all this stuff should be a thing of the past now that some of the esoteric parts of yoga and tantra are broought our of the tradition of guardedsecrecy and open sourced . No one should be left behind, and have the keys & appropriate tools right in their lap. the days of gopi krishna should be a thing of the past if the information was more open,accessible, open-sourced..It does help though if you know what you're lookiing for and are prepared to do the interior research and make that personal journey. That is of course the other half of what it boils down to.The least we can do is that thsoe that want to make t he journey have all the information they neeeed.

Your personal situation may not have anything to do with this kind of background but oit is worth mentioning nonthelesss as ignorance will not help folk much.And many folk come with lots of obstruction that are not directly related to improper yoga practice or premature openings.I never imagined it might take 3 years to begin to rresolve this thing/beast, but better that than never so i have alot to be grateful for.(bear in mind also i tried to do all this too quickly, 11 months to be precise, and my methods were too agressive-yoga is all about gentle nudging long-term) I was like a moth to the Light of the lamp when i found AYP,Yogani's writings , and I know the Light is good.

What you are exerienncing sounds like the the effects of deep cleansing of DM.All good.

We all have obstructions, of all kinds usually, built up over time, bottome line.

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 04 2010 9:33:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  7:56:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by omarkaya

hello rael,i will always give a try to mrityunjaya mantra recitation with pranayam,the 32 durga names are also very blissful mantras,there are many yoga kriyas that provides bliss,like nauli kriya,to relax tensions 20 minutes of surya namaskar in ujayi,combined with trikonasanas ,streches the whole body and if you finish relaxing deep in shavasana,the sadhana is very effective.WARNING dont try to meditate if you have a bad mood or if you havent purified your nadis by nadi shodan pranayam,otherwise it will harm you.best wishes.

Dear Omarkaya

I am pretty much trying to stick with the AYP system, though i am playing the "Miracle Prayer" in my room.

I have meditated on and off for 25 years with no noticeable problem.

You sound like you are very well-founded in what you are suggesting, but one thing i find with every system that i have investigated, is that what you start with varies considerably.

One starts with pranayama, one with Hatha, one with spiritual protection practices, AYP and Zen and Gnosis, Buddhism start with meditation. So i am not refuting what you advise, but am saying that everyone says something different, which is very confusing to the Chela, especially if they are on their own.

Because we are made of energy and are thus not structured to be permanently affected by anything, i am not too worried about pre-cleansing, since AYP Deep Meditation does produce cleansing as we work with it. I WOULD like to hear more about why it might be considered "harmful" to do meditation first.

My problem is that i am basically a "spiritual butterfly" and always want to try the next best thing. The practices you suggest would ignite that tendency in me again, and again abort my progress. The only time i have made any, was to strongly stick to what i'd begun for years and years. That way i have banked experience, accomplishment and knowledge that, at least, create a compatible foundation for the next step to be built upon, which is now AYP practice.

Thank you so much for your post, and i will take a close look at what you suggest, if i can look them up.

Hugs and appreciation

Rael!
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  02:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Rael,i follow the instructions of my guru,Paramahansa Satyananda,who recently took maha samadhi the 5 of december.nadi shodana pranayam balance the breath in each nostril,inducing sushuma nadi to flow this way, meditation supervene,in terms of swara yoga (the science of breath)the right side of the brain is activated when the left nostril is flowing;the left side of the brain is activated when the right nostril flows,and whenever both nostrils flows equally,every faculty of the human brain is functioning in an optimal and integrated manner as sushuma nadi awakens.then,meditation is directly experienced.the health and optimal function of the body is enhanced via the powerful autonomic nervous influence of nadi shodhana pranayama and neti kriya.these practices release daily accumulated phychic and nervous stress,which imbalances autonomics nervous system and blocks pranic energy flow,locking it within fixed configurations and circuits,over long periods of time,these pranic abnormalities and disturbances,if remaining unreleased,result in the whole gamut of psychosomatic and stress related diseases which we as individuals and communities are comfronten with today.in yoga nadi shodhan pranayam is the best and surest way to clean the nadis,ida and pingala,only when these two nadis are cleaned,its worth to try meditation.about the mrityunjaya mantra recitation,i suggest it because,when mind is stressed the recitation of mrityunjaya or any other good mantra,is of high value,and the hypnotic effect of japa is the best way to pacify monkey mind,in addition the recitation of mrityunjaya mantra,provides very good mood,its very practical as depression eradicator and the vivrations of this mantra, have a lot of mystical boons.finally Rael, if youve been practicing meditation for years and tears,watch up your method,something might be wrong.body purification is the fundamental base for the souls welfare,thats why in yoga, dieta and satkarmas are so inportant.only aghoris can transcend impurity and reach samadhi.best wishes.

Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  07:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by omarkaya

hello Rael,i follow the instructions of my guru,Paramahansa Satyananda,who recently took maha samadhi the 5 of december.nadi shodana pranayam balance the breath in each nostril,inducing sushuma nadi to flow this way, meditation supervene,in terms of swara yoga (the science of breath)the right side of the brain is activated when the left nostril is flowing;the left side of the brain is activated when the right nostril flows,and whenever both nostrils flows equally,every faculty of the human brain is functioning in an optimal and integrated manner as sushuma nadi awakens.then,meditation is directly experienced.the health and optimal function of the body is enhanced via the powerful autonomic nervous influence of nadi shodhana pranayama and neti kriya.these practices release daily accumulated phychic and nervous stress,which imbalances autonomics nervous system and blocks pranic energy flow,locking it within fixed configurations and circuits,over long periods of time,these pranic abnormalities and disturbances,if remaining unreleased,result in the whole gamut of psychosomatic and stress related diseases which we as individuals and communities are comfronten with today.in yoga nadi shodhan pranayam is the best and surest way to clean the nadis,ida and pingala,only when these two nadis are cleaned,its worth to try meditation.about the mrityunjaya mantra recitation,i suggest it because,when mind is stressed the recitation of mrityunjaya or any other good mantra,is of high value,and the hypnotic effect of japa is the best way to pacify monkey mind,in addition the recitation of mrityunjaya mantra,provides very good mood,its very practical as depression eradicator and the vivrations of this mantra, have a lot of mystical boons.finally Rael, if youve been practicing meditation for years and tears,watch up your method,something might be wrong.body purification is the fundamental base for the souls welfare,thats why in yoga, dieta and satkarmas are so inportant.only aghoris can transcend impurity and reach samadhi.best wishes.

Dear Omarkaya

I will read this later today, must sleep and then run off for an appointment.

Thank you for keeping up with me, you are very generous!

Hugs
Rael

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  07:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi omarkaya,

I am kinda curious and will ask you for your opinion even if it's within the framework of another system (that of satyananda, bihar school)

quote:
in yoga nadi shodhan pranayam is the best and surest way to clean the nadis,ida and pingala,only when these two nadis are cleaned,its worth to try meditation

Do you think it might be worth waiting till ida and pingala are beteer rebalnced before engaging with SbP and meditation,given that sushunma cannot flow until these two find balance?

I am somewhat surprised why this principle lacks any coverage in the AYP lessons.If it is a sound principle you would think it would be in there, and have some prominence. I say this because i recently made the discovery that working on the blocked nostril has so far seemed quite balncing. But by combining with core AYP which has provided alot of openings so far i may be just 'locking' the prana and other subtler energies ' within fixed configurations and circuits', as you nicely put it, within the neurobiology?

What do you make of this?

And thx in advance. I had this thought today- maybe i should drop AYP for a month just until ida and ingala are more balanced.As perhaps SbP sushumna cannot flow right until this is done. I am kinda of inclined to look at other systems as well as i am sure all tools are useful if explored on an indiividual level.

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 05 2010 07:55:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  11:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Akasha.in the varahopanishad,it is stated that nadis penetrate the body from the soles of the feet to the crown of the head,carrying prana,the breath of life,in which abides the atman, and the source of shakti,the animator of all the worlds.this vast network contains innumerable nadis,the hatha yoga pradika states that 720000 and the shiva samhita states that there are a total of 350000.paramount importance is given to the three main channels,ida pingala and sushuma,which correspond the parasympathetic,sympathetic and cerebroespinal nervous systems of medical science,these channels have great significance because they are the conductors of the negative,positive and neutral energies.the balance flow of breath through both nostrils ida and pingala establishes perfect harmony betwwen the energies,and indicates that sushuma is ready to acommodate the great power of the kundalini shakti.the aim of swara yoga,and the other different yogas is to activate the sushumna nadi by uniting ida and pingala,the dualistic aspects of mans nature and energy,so that his conciousness may be expanded from its present limited state.if you try to awake your kundalini,with some blockage in any of the two channels ida or pingala,the kundalini arousal could seriously harm you,because shusumna wont be ready and the kundalini will predominantly rise through ida or pingala,if it rises along pingala ,he or she ,would have an inbalance in his nervous system, and would be obssesed with the pranic phenomena and external world and conversely ,if the prana rises along ida, the person will stimulate his or her passive way, and become introverted and withrawn.if kundalini rises through either pingala or ida the effects on the person will make it difficult for them to function in the material world and cause problems which are well worth avoiding.there is also a danger of summoning kundalini energy without the guidance of a real guru and becoming overwhelmed by intense and meaningless phenopmena.well Akasha i hope this helps you,to understand the importance of nadi shodan pranayam,dieta,satkarma purification and all the previous parafernalia strictly required before the inner jurney of meditation.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000