AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Morphic Resonance & Akasha and it's field
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2009 :  02:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

For those interested in the convergence of current scientific thinking with spiritual realities(the unseen, quantum consciousness etc) you might enjoy these videos.

Good stuff!- in your stocking J

*http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum...ad527946/pg1

Also if you have'nt heard of Morphic Resonance and/or are interested in learning more, you might want to check out -

the homepage of it's creator, quantum biologistRobert Sheldrake

his latest book -Morphic Resonance The Nature of Formative Causation- Here (the link for inner traditions bookseller did'nt work)

I believe it builds on his original 1981 groundbreaker -'A new science of life- The hypothesis of Morphic resonance' which was ridculed as pseudo airy -fairy science by some ,at least by some hard-nosers with a more mechanistic view of the universe, when it was first published.It's basically a development of new paradigms in evolutionary quantum biology and the role of consciousness.

A good stocking filler for those with an intellectual bent or fascination with the Universe.

Should fit snugly like a treat right in here at AYP,folks.

Enjoy!

& Merry Christmas

More Later perhaps,

Edited by - Akasha on Dec 25 2009 02:35:01 AM

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  12:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

Hi All,

For those interested in the convergence of current scientific thinking with spiritual realities(the unseen, quantum consciousness etc) you might enjoy these videos.

Good stuff!- in your stocking J

*http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum...ad527946/pg1

Hi Akasha, :)
I watched these videos and quite enjoyed them. Thanks for that!

I didn't know quite what to think about the video about attracting your true soul mate, though.

Mellen Thomas Benedict revealed that we are all soul mates (quoted below) and in another video he says that what other people in our lives can be is 'playmates' or 'lifemates'.

link: http://www.near-death.com/experienc...ation04.html
quote:

More than that, I began to see that each one of us humans are soul mates. We are part of the same soul fractaling out in many creative directions, but still the same. Now I look at every human being that I ever see, and I see a soul mate, my soul mate, the one I have always been looking for. Beyond that, the greatest soul mate that you will ever have is yourself. We are each both male and female. We experience this in the womb and we experience this in reincarnation states. If you are looking for that ultimate soul mate outside of yourself, you may never find it; it is not there. Just as God is not "there." God is here. Don't look "out there" for God. Look here for God. Look through your Self. Start having the greatest love affair you ever had ... with your Self. You will love everything out of that.

Just a minor point of interest.. :)

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2010 :  9:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I agree with you. Your real soul mate is yourself.. And yes ,gets a bit mushy at that point-ish- video 6,7 or so. But they're a good fun enjoyable watch, all in all.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the Mellen Thomas NDE story as he described it(i.e actually dead clinically-speaking , 1 1/2 hrs to be precise) Not that it actually happened but what the significance of this perhaps- spiritually etc.But interesting nontheless, sure.I did look at his website.TSuch experiences & understandings are quite subjective but fascinating stuff, sure!!
I had one myself- which does resonate with what he decribed. I saw a tunnel of light that became progressively smaller and smaller till there was just a little pin-prick left. It was like a i was just right on the cusp of death. and i was on the verge of some kind of metaphysical portal somewhere. I realised i did not want to die- not yet- I was not ready, i was telling myself, and forced myself to come to.( this was a drugs overdose btw with temazipan and heroin, mixed - very lethal combination, in fact most fatalities are a combination of a benzodiazepine classs and diamorphine/heroin, as the stats bear this out last time i checked- over60% i think)And i saw my life literally flash right before me-- condensed in to a minute at tops, though could have been barely a couple of seconds- from start to end, growing up becoming an adult etc etc, the realisation that i was actually dying and ina semi-conscious sleep state perhaps not completely removed from turiya. I could see myself more objectively, so to speak, or relationally perhaps.

The akashic field and morphic resonance are two same-y concepts from east and western traditions.

Glad you enjoyed the vids- yet to watch them all but good fun & interesting stuff

A.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000