Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Lucid Dreaming and Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  10:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is lucid dreaming a common occurrence after someone has had their Kundalini awakened? Recently, as I'm lying in bed waiting to fall asleep I often have amazing visions. I'm always fully conscious during these experiences and act only as an observer. I never interact with the scenery or beings in these visions, but instead view them from a third person perspective often from what seems to be a distance. I also have the sensation of flying as well when this happens. This had happened before I had my Kundalini awakening, but it was a pretty rare event. Now it happens almost nightly. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Steve

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  01:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Is lucid dreaming a common occurrence after someone has had their Kundalini awakened?

Yes.

Before AYP, I had only one or two lucid dreams in my life. Now they occur much more regularly.

Yoga and meditation are making us more conscious, so it seems natural to me that lucid dreams would happen more often.

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  10:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic Troll,

Thanks for your comments. I imagine you are right. So far all of my dreams/visions have been very pleasant and interesting, so I guess I will continue to go with the flow, as they say.
Go to Top of Page

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  06:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome I love lucid dreaming.

stevenbhow, I have had very similar visions before sleep where one is in third person viewing various scenes. That has only happened a few times in my life (maybe 3 - 4) and once when I was a child.

Have any of you ever read about tibetan dream yoga? It is a yogic path where one strives to be always lucid within one's dreams, leading to realization of the dreamlike nature of waking existence.

I believe you are right cosmic_troll about increased consciousness resulting in lucid dreaming. The more awake you are when you are awake in the physical body, the more often you will find yourself awake in your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  10:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" by Tenzin Rinpoche

great book on the subject.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000