Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini or merely prana related?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Every morning I get up and meditate. Afterwards, some days I go chi kung and others I don't. But following that, every day I go for a bike ride. Then I get home and take a hot soak either in my hot tub or the bath tub.

When I get out of the hot soak, I go lay down in savasana for a few minutes. My feet always vibrate right in the center of the soles. Sometimes my hands do too. Today, the vibration was really strong and I felt a cool breeze running up my legs.

Do you think this could be kundalini related or just my body receiving prana from the universe? Or possibly something entirely different?

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  1:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it seems to be prana coming from the surrounding envirenoment, the bottom of the feet is concidered as an energy entrance to body and it's used a lot in some chakra exercises.

i used to practice one a few years back where i used my imaginary hands to harness energy and bring it in from the bottom of the feet and up toward the chakras each by turn...

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

stillness

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  07:00:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit stillness's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a cool meditation Ananda.

solo it sounds like your palm and feet chakras are becoming activated. You can activate them as you feel in savasana at any time just by putting thought into them (becoming aware of their existence with your mind).

The feet when activated are grounding, they connect you to the planet Earth. It is as if there are roots coming out the bottoms of your feet.

As Ananda said they also can receive energy. That may have been what the cool sensation you felt in your legs was.

There is an ancient meditation called the Tree of Life. Basically you feel roots coming out the bottom of your feet and reaching deep into the Earth, and branches reaching high up into heaven all around you and into the brilliant light of the sun. This can be done while performing tadasana (mountain pose asana). This will bring up energy from the Earth and up through you into the higher chakras. I believe that the energy from Earth (Gaia, Goddess) is a macrocosm of our own sexual energy.

Be cautioned that meditation would be powerful and may activate your crown chakra.

Tadasana can also be used simply to ground very effectively. Unlike with the tree of life meditation you would not focus on the "branches" and therefore not the upper chakras. You would just feel the connection in your feet down into the Earth while visualizing and feeling roots coming out of the bottom of your feet. When the feet chakras are open and activated they will buzz/vibrate as you felt. Sometimes it can feel as if your feet are glued to the ground like magnets.

Of course none of this is part of AYP (just in case someone reads this who is not familiar with AYP), though the awakening and opening of the feet and hand chakras is a natural part of the spiritual awakening of the human body.

Edited by - stillness on Jan 19 2009 07:28:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  08:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Every morning when i wake up I feel my body vibrating in different parts. I don't remember feeling hands and feet, but mostly the torso and head, sometimes legs. I used to be worried that it was a heart problem, because the rhythm is like a heart beating very fast. But then I was able to feel my heartbeat which is quite slow at the same time, and sometimes I can hear my slow heartbeat which I have to be extremely quiet for. As soon as I start thinking, I don't feel it anymore.
i have no idea what this is, as I don't think my kundalini has risen yet.
Solo, does your vibration feel like a fast beating?

PS I think prana and kundalini are just different actions or functioning of the same energy.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jan 19 2009 08:39:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  12:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool breeze with cool sweat in the palms is ida. hot flash with clammy sweat is sushumna. hot flash with the feeling of dryness is pingala. this is what ive noticed.

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Jan 20 2009 12:57:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000