Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 is strict vegeterian food causes some problem?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mrityunjay_singh_1983

India
73 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  12:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

i am trying to become strict vegeterian(no milk, milk product, egg, meat....etc).
you can say no animal protien.
but it causes vitamin b deficiency problem in nervous system,some problem in spine,mind shrinkage-----etc.
at that time i am not taking milk,ghee,butter,curd,eg,meat,fish........etc.
only on vegetables,fruit,and nuts.
so i am afraid.
is it any harm in this way of living???????

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  08:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on your nutritional type. Most people will be healthier with a vegetarian or mostly vegetable diet. But some people will have problems because their metabolism needs some animal products. Vitamin B is the most important deficiency, I don't think you have to worry about nervous system, spine, or brain shrinkage.

Look on the internet for vegetarian sites. There is a lot of info on those deficiencies.
Then find a nutritionist who can determine your metabolic type.
if you can't find one, it can be done on the internet.
Or if you are very poor, just go on the vegetarian diet, take vitamin B suppliments, and see how you feel after a couple weeks. You will know if your body handles it well.
If you are not handling it well you may have constant cravings, low energy, etc.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  7:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what you need may be dependent on your current state of being. For example if a person just gets into all the 8 limb stuff and their body is not ready to maximize nutrients then they may have more problems, but if one has developed the body or mind to the point where they can get by with much less, for instance swami rama only ate potatos for a period of his life, then less is what you can thrive on. Some can use the sun to get vital nutrients, others are not that advanced. IMO I would say cultivate stillness and work from there. Personally I focused too much on diet in the beginning and not enough on cultivating stillness, but thne again by doint what I have done on my path I can go in the fridge and grab a full head of lettuce and eat it plain wiht a smile :)
I am love, I am peace, I am joy, I breathe free, I am thankful to my teachers and I am from the same one as you
I am neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000