Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 nonviolence towards nature
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2008 :  7:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
swami rama and nithyananda both talk about being gentle and not harming nature, as do many other swamis. But yet they build buildings for study, ashrams, etc... Plants and animals have to give their lives for this. The earth has to give part of its life for our gas we use, for the energy we consume, etc.... So how do we practice nonviolence when we have to destroy to create and many times what we create is not better then what we destroyed. So how can they speak of respecting nature but yet turn around and destroy it.
thanks
Neil

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  6:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of funny
So I have posted this question two times and I emaailed yogani about it. I was upset at him for his answer and frustrated that I could not find an answer to these question I even emailed him expressing this. well you ask and you shall recieve, just not always in the way you experc. I was reading a book that I got because it was on his lists of recommended books and in it I found the answer to both of my main questions. Now I look back at my frustrations and laugh. once I let go of the question I found the answer without looking
smile, god loves you
I am peace, love, and joy. so is every girl and boy
I am neil
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  9:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What was the answer?
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  10:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this is how I have interperated and come to terms with it, not necessarilly the truth for everyone
If someone has an understanding of what will possibly happen in the future, you may have to get the information out there in mass in order to raise the collective consciouness and once it is raised to a certain level some of these things will no longer be necessary. SOme of the teachers may have this understanding and some may not. So while on the outside it looks as if both are following the same blueprint on the inside there are different motives and understandings.
I am love, I am light, I am joy,
so are you
I am neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000