New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  10:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all current & possible amrollers,

Posting here since this thread is bladder full of references to cause and effect . I was drawn to amaroli after reading Yogani's DSA book.

Today it is only 4 days of about 1 tsp with a glass of water, early morning, midstream, empty stomach.

Noticed: Acidity for a few hours after (I have an acidity issue already).
Expectorating watery mucus continuously for a couple of hours the first two days
Acridness in throat. (all the three symptoms went with 30 ml aloe gel, and breakfast 2-3 hours after amaroli)
Lightness in the limbs, so much so that I was breaking out in spontaneous dance to imagined music every now for the first two days.
Feeling of being more 'solid'. Maybe more grounded.
Heightened awareness in meditation
More energetic: slept much less for the past four days
Huge surges in libido, which qualitatively, were different from anything I'd experienced before.

I'm keeping my evening meal light and early (am vegan). Trying to drink more water (I lag here). This is a very early report for a beginner. I feel the constitution (vide Ayurveda: kapha, pitta, vata) may have a lot to do with how much a practitioner feels. I have evaluated myself as a vata-pitta mix, and therefore I could have significant and early response to even a little amaroli.

The texts do mention that this is bound to benefit changeover times a lot more than the others: teenagehood, menopausal women, and people around and over 40.

Would be interested to know the technicalities of anyone who's used this topically (i.e, fresh urine, or old, how old, method of use, how long left on skin, eyes, hair, etc). I did read a few posts on use in eyes.

BTW, it is a common practice among soldiers in the cold to pee on wounds, chilblains, frostbite to heal.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2007 :  8:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,
A question pertaining to female amaroli practitioners: Does one stop during menstruation, or is there a way around it?

I find that I need to let more of first stream go. Apparently, there is bile in the first stream. It may explain acidity, if I caught it a little too early.

Sparkle: I saw you'd asked about amaroli benefitting allergies. There are several references on the net that says it does.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  10:19:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sadak
Congratulations on your new amaroli experience
quote:
Noticed: Acidity for a few hours after (I have an acidity issue already).
Expectorating watery mucus continuously for a couple of hours the first two days
Acridness in throat. (all the three symptoms went with 30 ml aloe gel, and breakfast 2-3 hours after amaroli)
Lightness in the limbs, so much so that I was breaking out in spontaneous dance to imagined music every now for the first two days.
Feeling of being more 'solid'. Maybe more grounded.
Heightened awareness in meditation
More energetic: slept much less for the past four days
Huge surges in libido, which qualitatively, were different from anything I'd experienced before.

You seem to be getting very clear results so far, that's great to hear. I've been practicing for the past couple of weeks, left it off for a while, and find the results good. It's hard to put a handle on what it is but I feel better for it.
quote:
Sparkle: I saw you'd asked about amaroli benefitting allergies. There are several references on the net that says it does.
Yes, thanks for that, I think there are a couple of people here who's alergies went after trying amaroli.

The other day I talked about this to my 16 year old daughter, she also has allergies. Surprisingly she did not gag as much as I expected
She knows I have been doing it for a while so we were able to have the discussion. Who knows when she will try it, if ever, it's up to her now.
In the meantime the netti pot will probably be a more realistic proposition for her.

Keep up the feedback, it sounds like you are very sensitive to it.

Louis

Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2007 :  04:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle,
Thanks, I was quite surprised myself, at the qualifiable reactions to amaroli. Today is the sixth day, and all the symptoms have gone away, except a sort of 'clear-headed wakefulness', and an undefinable solidness. I've been drinking more water, so have lighter and clearer urine. I'm still doing a teaspoon or so diluted in a glass of water. And I am going to be very slow in upping that. I seem to over-react to anything I add to my practices.

Wrt your daughter, I think the neti pot is pretty good. If you've not tried it already, ghee or clarified butter (medicated ghee might be a tall order for you) added to warm water in neti, or a couple of drops directly in the nostrils before sleeping should significantly improve her allergy.

Would be instructive for all if all of us kept posting here about any amaroli effects, experiments, results.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  05:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Been on Amaroli for over two weeks now I think. Not too much, around 100ml every morning..

Tastes like green tea, can't see what all the talk is about yet as I haven't noticed any effects. Probably will increase the dosage...
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone do amaroli after consuming alcohol the previous days? whats the effect?

does it give the same good effect? or is it not adviced?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  12:44:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sushman, I believe that drinking amaroli after alcohol the day before is fine.

Chiron, some people notice nothing from amaroli, some people notice a lot. Even if you notice nothing, you might find it has health benefits, I can't tell.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  06:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

a couple days ago I woke up being very curious about how my urine would taste like and I just couldn't wait to try it. It tastes really not so bad and by today I'm already getting used to it, loosing the urge to swallow it quickly all at once. I think tequila tastes much worse. So today is day 5 of my amaroli practice and I started right away with 500ml undiluted, every morning on an empty stomach.

It's a very early report of course, but I think this is what I'm observing:

- I like the practice
- warmth throughout the whole body combined with a feeling of the specific physical "fullness" inside (this is practically the same feeling that accompanies an intoxication with any psychedelic drug.)
- this gives a feeling of increased energy and vitality
- regular sleepiness after lunch completely stopped suddenly, as well as usual sleepiness in a train
- increased libido

Today I woke up with a scratching in my throat, like if i would have a beginning flu. It's been five hours since I woke up now and it's still there. I don't think that it's a real flu though, since I'm rarely ill and have been taking good care about myself lately. I rather suspect it to be some weird symptom of my immune system getting activated by amaroli. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks,
Roman
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  07:54:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mimirom

Today I woke up with a scratching in my throat, like if i would have a beginning flu. It's been five hours since I woke up now and it's still there. I don't think that it's a real flu though, since I'm rarely ill and have been taking good care about myself lately. I rather suspect it to be some weird symptom of my immune system getting activated by amaroli. Anyone experienced this?

Yes, sounds like purification. Maybe lessen the concentration/dose and see if that helps?
Here is a discussion on this:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4714#50691

And altho amaroli has not been directly discussed as a possible cause of the throat discomfort in this topic, it could be.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=663
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2009 :  6:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

thanks for giving me a hand with this. The links are very helpful of course, I didn't know that these might be typical symptoms.
Well, It's getting a bit tricky, since people around here are getting similar symptoms too. I left my home this mornig (with my symptoms) though, and now I'm in a completely different location with other people, so it's confusing...
However the unpleasant sensations in my throat are more intense now. So perhaps tomorrow morning I'll know more.

Otherwise I feel very well, observing some other fluctuating symptoms likely related to the introduction of amaroli. That is o.k. so far.

I noticed that in meditation I'm again hitting the limit of what I'm willing to tolerate energy-wise, so I try to self-pace the urine intake.

Thanks a lot, Shanti, for very helpful info!

Roman
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  04:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
O.k., so my throat is really soar now and it's getting clear that it is an infection. I'm getting rhinitis as well. Actually all of us here in the house have similar symptoms. Unfortunately I'm not at home, otherwise I would perhaps go and see my doctor.
At the same time I'm having remarkable purification in the 5th chakra region during DM, energy going swiftly back and forth through the spot and whirling inside.
So it's both perhaps, purification and infection.

I'm on 250ml of urine today.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  08:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ugghhh, now I feel really sick...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  08:11:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Mimirom.

I'd suggest back off amaroli till things settle down. Once you feel better, start with just a drop of urine. If that feels OK, then make it a tsp full and so on. If that drop is too much, dilute the drop with some water. Find the concentration/dose that is right for you. Always better to start with very little and build up.

Hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  2:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for support, much appreciated

Well, it was the same mistake once again, I guess... Too much too soon.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wouldn't say a mistake really. Many people can take higher doses and not have any purification symptoms. Some tho are very sensitive and it's hard to gauge. Hence always safer to start with a small amount and then increase it.

We live and learn eh?
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2009 :  9:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When i had the big premature opeening of the Kundalini variety, when i did'nt appreciate self-pacing( if only i knew that then) or have AYP(remedies) i had this really bad chronic cough, in a bad way( i was speculating asbestos leak or something)for a solid month as a symptom. I'd open the window wide open :.) in the mornings just to breathe-like an irritation around the back of the throat( epilgottis roughly speaking). The energy was disturbed.

I would'nt worry about it in this context though. But suggest reducing your dose.

quote:
We live and learn eh?

Yeeaahhh Shanti

Hopefully

Edited by - Akasha on Sep 22 2009 9:54:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  08:13:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,

yea, to start with 500ml/17oz looked reasonable, considering 1 cup to be the usual final dose. But to be open, I was greedy for the results...

Akasha,

thanks. When I started the practice some 7 days ago, I wasn't even aware of these throat inflammation-like symptoms to be often connected with over-purification. Thanks God for you forumites being here when one needs you... And yes, it is not so easy to learn to really fully appreciate the self-pacing concept. Maybe because it is so simple and so powerful at the same time.

Ok, here a report for possible future practitioners who may encounter similar problems:

• After I've taken the 50% of my original dose of urine (day 6), feeling pretty sick already, I observed that my condition further worsened during the day. I got intense rhinitis, passing the whole day continuously tons of a clear, watery phlegm.

• Together with that there was a strong burning of the inner tissues of my throat, nasal cavity and the soft palate. In the evening this reached a rather intense point, suggesting a pretty bad inflammation.

• Later, before I got to bed, additional watery phlegm begun to quickly collect in my mouth, which i had to spit out every 2-3 minutes.

• During the night I started to pass thick yellowish phlegm through my nose, also in big amounts. Lots of it leaved my cavities.

• Today in the morning it was very surprising that the inflammation-like burning sensations in my cavities, throat and soft palate completely dissapeared. Yesterday evening these were intense, suggesting at least a 7 - 10 days, rather serious inflammation.

Now it is afternoon and the rhinitis also seems to leave slowly.
I needed a lot of sleep during this process so far, and still feel kinda dull. The body stopped wanting to eat almost completely. Also, it is interesting that I observe no excessive tartar on my tongue.

I stopped all practices, including amaroli. It doesn't seem to make sense trying to meditate in this condition.

Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2009 :  11:39:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My body temperature raised from 37.1°C/98.8F in the morning to 37.4°C/99.3F in the evening.

I feel general weakness.
Go to Top of Page

ksganesh100

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit ksganesh100's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Folks,

Great to read this thread. Was looking around for others' experiences with Amaroli. For me, it began quite casually with a friend mentioning Amaroli to me.

Intrigued, I tried it the very next morning and had the gag reflex that everyone speaks about. However i did not have any of the symptoms people talk about. Just watery stools though which I assume could be purgatory. After that, it was all right though. It has been over 4 months now since I started and there is a general sense of well being. Fortunately, I did not have to start off because of an ailment so there isn't too much scope for measurable results but the general "feel-good" feeling is unmistakable.

My morning routine usually starts with ingesting a cup of midstream urine. I wait for 5-10 minutes and drink around a litre of water (as has been my practice of usha pan over the last 2 years).

Does anyone have any idea wheter ingesting water after amaroli would reduce its effect in any way?

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  08:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ksganesh100

Does anyone have any idea wheter ingesting water after amaroli would reduce its effect in any way?

Well it is recommended not to eat or drink anything after amaroli for 30 min. But in your case I think it is working fine by what you have written.

If you feel "Fortunately, I did not have to start off because of an ailment so there isn't too much scope for measurable results but the general "feel-good" feeling is unmistakable.", try stopping amaroli for a week. and then start it. You will definitely be able to measure the results.

Thanks for sharing your experince with us.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  06:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Richard:

There is the possibility of a gradual internalization of amaroli to become an automatic recycling within, which would result in less outflow.

This also happens with vajroli (constant upward processing of sexual essences in the body) as progress in yoga and its tantric elements advances.

I can verify a reduced urine flow, though can offer no scientific evidence on what it is, or if it is from the same cause you are experiencing. If it is yoga-related, amaroli practice itself would not necessarily be the only stimulator of it. It would also be connected with a full range of practices over the long term. At least that has been the observation here.

The ideas of hydration and dehydration take on new meaning if amaroli does internalize over time. The yoga scientists will sort this out eventually. Meanwhile, we pioneers proceed based on our intuition, inner seeing, some trial and error, and prudent self-pacing.

The guru is in you.

Hi Friends,
I have been practicing amaroli for on and off for some months now, and I found that it increases the body metabolism. I pass stools quicker when I do amaroli and that may be the reason for reduced urine in the morning as most of the previous days water was urinated the previous evening itself because of increased metabolism.

I have been skipping dinner for many years now. I used to drink a liter of water in the mornings but now I have shifted the water drinking to evenings (few hours before sleeping) and I do amaroli in mornings.

I found that normally my morning urine used to be saltish and would come out as stools after about an hour of drinking it. Since I do not eat dinner, the morning urine would pass right through my intestines. Now that I have started the practice of drinking water before my evening meditations, I have found the morning urine to be bland (not saltish) and it does not come out as stools, instead it comes out as urine in an hour or two.

I would like to know what you feel about the practice of drinking a liter of water few hours before going to sleep at night coupled with not eating anything at night and amaroli in the morning. Ofcourse I would pass urine before sleeping so my sleep is not disturbed. This results in morning urine not being saltish and so passing into blood stream uppon drinking instead of passing into intestines and comming out as stools.

Thank You,
Mufad.

Go to Top of Page

bimba

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  09:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have drunk some morning urine each day now for years because I found it supports my heart. If I stop, my heart loses beats and I get angina. If I try to decrease the amount, I also suffer a little.
Go to Top of Page

Baldwin

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2012 :  11:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was also wondering if you can do it on a fruit diet since fruit is very cleansing. It seems like you will be drinking the toxins your body is releasing. What do you do you think.

http://www.getfitsandiego.com/san-d...program.html

Edited by - Baldwin on Jan 30 2012 10:05:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2012 :  12:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi AYPer's

I have a question on Shivambu. Can this be practised when we are on a non-veg diet? Sorry if it's already discussed, just wanted to clarify the take on it now.

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000