Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 reduce snoring?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  01:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
a friend of mine, I do too sometimes but doesn't seem to be too bad, snores very loud and I was curious if there was a way to minimize it with any kind of practice. And of course it would be nice, if someone actually had succes with them.
Yaming

ADLAI

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  06:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is your friend fat by health or heavy in weight? If yes, then the cause of snoring is, his weight. It is also cause by the fracture of a nose.
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  2:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Heavy snoring will eventually lead to sleep apnea which in the long run is dangerous and damaging to the heart. Using a device called a CPAP eliminates snoring and saves the heart. Also losing weight helps.
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  05:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to snore and it almost disappeared after I started practicing neck involving practices like, Sun Salutation, 5 Tibetan rites or Chin Pump. All of this helps but I think Chin Pump is the best.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  05:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yaming,

my dad was a heavy snorer all his life and it eventually led to sleep apnea, I think during his fifties. He refused to do anything about it, perhaps also because he never could see and hear himself sleeping (so he couldn't imagine how bad it was), and this damaged his heart and dramatically lowered the quality of his life (heavy dreams each night, sleepiness all day, weakness.)

A couple years ago he obtained a CPAP device, and everything changed for him over night. He is very happy with it, although it's looking a bit funny.

edit: he is also overweight.

Edited by - mimirom on Jan 20 2012 05:26:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've just bought a neti pot and the instructions claim that it's good for curing snoring. (Sorry, but I've no idea if this is true)
Go to Top of Page

zemellachiro

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  04:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
snoring may have several causes behind.. it can be an air passage or stress
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000