New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

snake

United Kingdom
276 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2007 :  5:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://uarelove1.tripod.com/STD8.htm

Gumpi,I dont know if youve seen this site?

It has a good description of awareness only meditation

Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  02:14:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the stupidest book I have ever read.

The author writes: If your native language is English and the language you think in is English, thoughts are those English words in your mind.

From this statement it logically follows that

1. If your native language is not English and you sometimes find yourself thinking and reasoning in English, thoughts are not those English words in your mind.

2. If your native language is English, but the 'language' you think in consists of a handful of words and phrases from the languages you hear everyday on your way to work, then your thoughts are only the English words in your mind.

3. My native language is not English, but I am thinking only in English while writing this, so I am not really thinking at all. My mind is a total blank as I write this.

The problem with Internet publishing is that anyone can publish crap for free.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  04:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was a good book. Especially the part about the awareness watching awareness method. You're thinking way too in depth about an insignificant detail, Blue Opal.
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2007 :  10:48:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Opal:

"...so I am not really thinking at all. My mind is a total blank as I write this."

Hello Blue!

Congratulations! Sounds to me like you have apparently achieved a Totally Quiet and Liberated State of Unified Consciousness....well, at least when thinking in English. LOL Very Cool!

http://www.madhukarthompson.com/net...bk3_pic2.jpg

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

Blue Opal

33 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2007 :  07:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blue Opal's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Doc

http://www.madhukarthompson.com/net...bk3_pic2.jpg

Hehehe!
Go to Top of Page

meenarashid

76 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  10:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit meenarashid's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

dont get hung up on other peoples experiences

they may be over dramatizing them for one
another is some *experiences* while cool and fun
are just crap being cleaned outa ya

every single persons experience will be different

its OK look around you sometimes and say hey how am i dealing with LIFE? the results are in the pudding LOL

not in the OH what a pretty visual etc etc

hope this makes sense

Edited by - meenarashid on Apr 20 2007 10:42:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2007 :  6:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think, Gumpi, your attitude is wrong. I actually was in a state very very similar to your own. I would dabble in this and that Eastern idea and actually become sometimes physically and mentally angry at my apparent "inadequacy" to achieve these "mystical" states. It would get so bad I would revert to substances almost to punish myself. It took time, but especially after I read Yogani's material I realized my intentions were not the best. You cannot look to Eastern practices if you are unwilling to accept the notion that overall, the Newtonian-Cartesian paradigm of thought, and perhaps even more of what has been taught to you is not the whole picture. If you reject this notion up front, that is your own "matrix of obstruction". I had a hard time with chakras and such...but there is so much scientific proof and experience it seems foolish to deny at this point. I had taken psychadelic drugs on occasion and that is what brought me eventually to Eastern practices because I realized first-hand that there is much behind the viel of reality. If you don't accept chakras, the void, or whatever else, that's fine. As Yogani stresses perhaps above all else, be yourself. If you meditate with the intention of an altered state, it really won't happen. I meditate because it brings me a sense of peace, discipline, and I have faith that in time things will be revealed to me as they are meant to.

In experimenting with entheogens such as Salvia Divinorum, LSD, Mushrooms, and even Marijuana you realize that transpersonal experiences are selective. You don't decide what they show you, THEY show you what THEY want to in a sense. If you meditate and try to control what happens, it won't really work I believe. You just have to do it and accept that it is a slow and integrative process. I quit doing drugs because I realized that they were showing me too much of the Transpersonal Realm at once and it was leaving me dissasociated, depersonalized, and even with symptoms of schizophrenia. I realize now that meditation and the Yogic path, which is only one of many spiritual traditions that in the end bring you "full circle", is one of the healthiest ways to integrate aspects of the Transpersonal into your egoistic existence.

Aside from all that, isn't it nice to just relax sometimes?

Also, I note that you lay down while meditating which is not advisable as it tends to hinder awareness. Also, I suspect you are like me in the sense that you are extremely overanalytical, and believe me if that is the case, it isn't easy to overcome...but what better challenge than to challenge yourself?
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  05:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi anthony, you speak with a lot of wisdom here. You are right of course. Actually, i am a very good meditator in terms of concentration. It is the relaxation bit i struggle with due to panic symptoms that effect my head. But i am working on it.

I've just discovered brainwave entrainment technology and hope to use it with success in the near future. I know it isnt exactly the same as meditation but i feel it probably contributes to it in a nice huge way. I bought the program Neuroprogrammer and it is fantastic! There is also another program called I-doser which supposedly imitates drug-like states. I am not into that though. I like being sober when i get the chance!

I've been reading the books Conversations With God lately. I have had these books for many years but only very recently have i started to incredibly enjoy them. I think they are the best books out there. I really do believe that it is God speaking now. There are so many things i can relate to in them. I have psychic experiences of premonition or deja vu sometimes and i find the words in these books about these things completely satisfying.

Before recently, i was very much atheist agnostic and quite cynical in general. But whenever i got into those moods i would discover i felt miserable because it was going against my intuition and experience. I'm lucky i didn't become skeptical of skepticism!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2007 :  05:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi,
It seems obvious to me that you are trying way to hard! You said that you "try to make the mantra musical", "I try my best to concentrate", "I try to forget thoughts as they arise", "I try to relax". Just sit down and close your eyes and allow the mantra to come to you. There will be mantra, thoughts, mantra, thoughts all the way through, no need to hurry or stress no need to do anything. Personally i think you are chasing the mantra, trying hard to catch it. Just allow it to come to you naturally because it certainly will. The stress you are building up because of the situation is hindering your practice, in your mind the situation is building up, dont worry and don't fret, just allow it to happen easily and naturally. Good luck Gumpi.....................God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

milanov

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2007 :  2:32:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit milanov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi, I am new to this site. I saw your post and thought I would add my .02.
I have learned so far that all of this is energy, all these things of the miraculous and supernatural are demonstrated through scientifically proven modalities and methods.
We are atomic and pure energy, all operates around this ideal. Deny your connection to all things in this universe and you deny yourself. The question is how corroded is our link to our spiritual source? I believe that all things are possible when that link becomes burnished to high luster unimpeded by ego and our lives! Upon asking a Guru of mine about levitation she scoffed and replied thus so, if a man can walk on water why should he when he can take the ferry! Stop looking for mystical gifts and magical feats! The great poet Rumi said,“ sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment”. Find deep love within yourself of all mankind then project this into the universe around you and you will indeed find God! Peace and blessings on your path. K. Milanov
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000