AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 nine prayer question...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,
In one of Yogani's writings he talks about the nine prayers. Are these part of the practices? I'd like to be progressive in my practices but the spinal breathing doesn't work for me right now. Yogani talks about creating a good amount of stillness in your practice first before doing the nine prayers. I really like the idea of doing the nine prayers and I've been doing the mantra now for 5 or 6 months. I haven't even heard anyone talk about the nine prayers? What's the importance of it? Are there other ways to be progressive without doing spinal breathing? Thanks all!

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  09:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard,

The nine prayers discussed in Secrets of Wilder is Samyama Practice, referring to the nine sutras. And, as you probably know, this can be started with some amount of inner silence present.

I'm sure you can be very much progressive with just doing meditation, and especially if you add Samyama practice! And, there is a good chance that you can start with spinal breathing in the future, since obstructions are temporary in nature.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  2:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Weaver for your response Ahh, so that's what it's called - Samyama. I knew I had read that word before but I didn't know what it was. I was wondering, do I do Samyama before I rest in sivasana after meditation or after I rest. Also, to those of you who are doing this, how does it enhance your life? It seems very powerful. Either way, I'm excited to try it
Love, Chard
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  3:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chard

You go straight into Samyama from meditation that way you make the best use of any inner silence you have gained in your meditation.

Have look at this FAQ there are a lot of discussions there that might be helpful too.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2007 :  4:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are welcome Chard!

Taking the chance of redundancy, just in case you haven't studied the lessons on Samyama practice, here are the main links:

http://www.aypsite.org/150.html
http://www.aypsite.org/151.html
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  2:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chard

Also, to those of you who are doing this, how does it enhance your life? It seems very powerful. Either way, I'm excited to try it

Hi Chard,
Yes, it is very powerful.. esp. if you have some inner silence when you start it. It also has delayed effects.. (effects don't just involve you (as in personal purification).. it involves your life, surroundings, relationships and more).. so keep that in mind. Start only when you are stable in your current practice.. and self pace accordingly. (do I sound like a broken record or what??? )

Edited by - Shanti on Apr 27 2007 3:24:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your helpful feedback! When I get a chance I'll check out all that info. I decided to begin with the first two prayers to ease into it and so far so good. Thank again!
Love, Chard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000