Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Running Water
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  9:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For a few months now I've had an interesting energetic pull up in my head every time I am running the water; doing dishes or whatever. I don't even have to be touching the water. I would like to try a waterfall, but alas, none here in this desert. Anyone else experience this fun sensation?

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  10:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got to thinking, i don't really have the sensation in the shower, which seems odd. I have noticed it when cooking over an electric stove while touching a metal utensil to a skillet. Actually there are a couple of falls not too far off in the foothills. I'll have to go there and meditate.
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  8:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

I got to thinking, i don't really have the sensation in the shower, which seems odd. I have noticed it when cooking over an electric stove while touching a metal utensil to a skillet. Actually there are a couple of falls not too far off in the foothills. I'll have to go there and meditate.

Hi Alan & All,

I'm in the middle of prepping for a cross-country move, so have been posting less - but wanted to comment on this:

I have some friends who are students of one of what I call the "Guru 2.0" gurus - the new, young group of gurus coming out of India and elsewhere - who are doing things in somewhat different ways ... including informational openness (not quite to AYP Levels, but seems to be a big step in the right direction, in my opinion).

My friends' guru is Sri Kaleshwar, and a key aspect of his teachings, is mantric meditation, which relates to the Panchabhutas - the five elements (one of which is water - earth, water, fire, air, ether).

http://kaleshwar.org/en/teachings_fiveelements

(Please Note: I'm not recommending this information per se - just passing it along - I found some of it helpful, and didn't resonate too much with other aspects - but it may be worth checking out - there's a Five Elements "mini ebook" at the bottom of the page linked above, if you want to dive a bit deeper into Sri Kaleshwar's teachings.)

The essence of the Panchabhutas teachings is that by initiating certain vibrations, that we will resonate specifically with given elements.

The elements "follow" the chakras, from lowest to highest:

Muladhara / 1st = Earth
Svadisthana / 2nd = Water
Manipura / 3rd = Fire
Anahata / 4th = Air
Vishudda / 5th = Ether

Easiest way I know to remember this order is to recite the Sanskrit bija / seed syllables, which attend each element and chakra:

Na
Ma
Shi
Va
Ya

... Namah Shivaya

(Not much in yoga / Sanatana Dharma is accidental .... )

Most of us have spent the vast majority of our lives very "physicalized" - and therefore, with our active consciousness highly resident in the Earth element, and our first chakra.

As sadhakas, one of the first major shifts we notice, is when we expand our awareness to include the water element / second chakra (and many of us notice and increase in sex drive, and emotional freakishness ... which is all part of the opening of the second chakra - which also includes items mentioned elsewhere in the Forum - beginning to "see" chakras, see the astral body, have "360" astral vision, and so on.)

Per all of that, one of the best ways I know to "ground" from a practices session, which really takes me "out there" - is to sit in a tub of water, for a while.

Yogically, water is very important - as are the other elements, as our awareness expands to include them, as well.

I'm no expert, and there are teachings on this stuff all over the web (and not all of it is in harmony, as is often the case) - but I thought this might be a decent initial "data dump" - I hope it helps!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - Good overview article on the whole "Shi-bang" (elements, chakras, bodies, etc.) - http://www.atmajyoti.org/me_role_of...ditation.asp

Edited by - Kirtanman on Feb 12 2007 03:34:38 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000