AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini The Second Time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  6:49:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Last week I was wondering whether my kundalini had gone dormant or if it was just so "baked in" that I didn't notice it. Answer: dormant. The old shivering and teeth chattering (during certain parts of meditation) have returned, as has the feeling that I'm right on the cusp of orgasm in every cell in my body. It's nicer this second time, because there isn't the same huge rush of opening (see note below) to disrupt my life. Also, I understand it better, so I don't have the delusion that I'm turning into some sort of demigod or something. I have a problem with that...every opening makes me feel like something HUGE Is about to happen to me, and it takes me a while to calm down and reassure myself that I've not grown into, like, the StarChild at the end of 2001. That stuff's getting better, as I recognize more readily that the exhilaration of opening is mere smoke and side effect, but one day I'd like to be able to have an opening without it pinging my ego at all.

Oh, and I finally got the foot thing Yogani talks about...the feeling of tons of vibrating gurgling energy on the soles. For me, it didn't happen till I had the feeling that I was surrendering my entire physical being. In past, action seemed to be happening mostly in spine and heart and head - the juicy areas. Now I'm able to yield much more wholly.

This second kundalini awakening happened as a result of prayer, though it was such a tiny impulse - an iota, a speck - that it's hard to call it prayer. I basically, in a way that was totally not intellectual, offered my body, energy, etc - my very essence as raw material for the universe/the flow/God to make use of in its effort to help The Problem (and if you don't feel the pain and suffering and feeling of enslavement out there...and don't feel moved from your very very core to try to be of help any way you POSSIBLY can, including having your molecules sprayed to the four winds.....then you need to observe the world a bit more carefully). We are all God and God is all, and I (with my limited, non-enlightened vantage point) see God as a cooperative project to constantly makeover the awesome beauty of existence in each momement by every action.....especially by removing suffering by making love recognize itself (that even includes Dick Cheney).

Note To Newcomers
Every dab of opening (be it a bit of surrender in meditation or an extra 1/2 inch stretch in touching your toes) in yoga brings a burst of bliss; it's short lived (so don't grasp for it!), but the bursts accumulate and stoke a warm glow that's a lot nicer, in the end, than the energetic fireworks of any given opening.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 06 2007 9:03:10 PM

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice work, demigod!
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, I got pretty tipsy the night before for the first time in many months (sorry to always be coming off as the forum's resident lush; I'm actually not!). Everybody's different. Who could ever figure it all out?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Nice work, demigod!

Screw off!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Feb 21 2006 7:22:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

I've been searching feet and soles to no avail. I'd love a link about what Yogani says about feet if you have one.

I've got a bit of a foot fetish, I'm afraid.

Thanks!
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lesson 69
Even in the smoothest kundalini awakening there will be some
symptoms. There can be some aching and/or heat around the extremities
of the spinal nerve, just as you described – third eye and root. With
easy spinal breathing and meditation they should not become extreme.
If they do, back off practices somewhat, as recommended, and try some
of the further measures mentioned below. Many other things can
happen: Light burning sensations here and there. Some lurching of the
body or sudden movement of air from the lungs during practices. The
feeling of insects crawling on the limbs, or little pricks like they
are biting occasionally during the day. Strange feelings in the feet
that are both pleasurable and itchy at the same time -- this can be
smoothed by walking regularly. It can happen in the hands too. There
can also be a varied assortment of goose bumps, occasional shivers, sexual
arousal, inner buzzing and humming sounds, hot pinpricks, slight
headaches, and other weird sensations. All of this stuff settles down in
time. To the extent any of it remains, it is overshadowed by the
experience of pure bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy coming from
inside. You will find things like these in a normal kundalini awakening.
All of them are symptoms of
obstructions coming out, making way for a new life in unending
ecstasy.

lesson 135

Many years ago the same experience you describe rose in me. It was so
pleasurably intense in my legs and feet that the only way I could
calm it down was by walking barefoot all over the neighborhood. It
was like having orgasms in my feet. I had the same thing in the arms
and hands too. Being physically active helps smooth it out. You may
want to check out the lesson on kundalini symptoms and remedies if
you feel the need to smooth it out.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why the foot interest, btw? Are you having symptoms? Any info to share?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  09:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
>>Nice work, demigod!

>Screw off!

Jim always hated that 'demi' thing. Same with Zeus and Votan -- if there was one thing which would really make Zeus or Votan lose it, it was the demi-word.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Feb 22 2006 10:57:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I hated "demi".

Simply "God" will do.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"You shall be as Gods" as they say in the Hebrew Scriptures...

I enjoy having a slight buzz on the bottom of my feet.

I got that from hanging out with the taoists and their standing meditation, sitting meditation done with the feet flat on the ground so the feet can chat with the earth, barefoot walking, etc. Taoists will sit on a rolled up towel or something to get the benefits of siddhasana during sitting.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  12:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

No, I hated "demi".

Simply "God" will do.

That's what I meant!! Same with Zeus and Votan! It was 'demi' that drove them nuts.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Feb 22 2006 12:01:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  12:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, it's one thing I miss about the Taoist practices. I liked the grounding, too (but I also acknowledge that cross legs has huge pluses). On the other hand, all the yogis recommend lots and lots of walking, especially after kundalini awakens (and while I've never seen it explained, it's just got to be about grounding).

The "you shall be as Gods" line is so freaking problematic. That sort of talk makes people "aspire" to "progress", and this path is about going the diammetrical other way.

One of the best vedanta teachers alive aboslutely adores the phrase "Let go, let God". and it's such a better image (though in the end, it's saying the same thing). We're all creating every moment, and it's pure beauty and love. Even our comical refusal to see this is pure beauty and love. Why do we fight it?

quote:
Originally posted by Yoda

"You shall be as Gods" as they say in the Hebrew Scriptures...

I enjoy having a slight buzz on the bottom of my feet.

I got that from hanging out with the taoists and their standing meditation, sitting meditation done with the feet flat on the ground so the feet can chat with the earth, barefoot walking, etc. Taoists will sit on a rolled up towel or something to get the benefits of siddhasana during sitting.

Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  11:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Ye shall be as gods..."

Sounds like a 50's movie starring Kirk Douglas as Prometheus or something...

An Ayn Rand novel perhaps.

It delivers a nice pride buzz.

Ever read the book by Erich Fromm by that title? I don't remember all the details, but a very nice book. I think that the line is true, but through meditation instead of laying siege to Mt Olympus.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  2:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My feet feel like they have cellphones strapped to them, and they both keep ringing in "vibrate" mode. Yikes. Not totally creepy, but not at all pleasant.

Hands, too. I may climb to the roof of a tall building and see if I can cast off jets of spider silk.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Mar 06 2006 2:47:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2006 :  2:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Jim, I know what you mean by not very pleasant. Couple of months back, I had the same thing, just that it was at the base of my spine, and I felt like I was sitting on a cell phone that was ringing in the vibrate mode.. All I can say is it goes away in a few days.
In your own words...
quote:
I think you're not just ok, you're GOOD. Wait to let this latest opening "sink in" a bit. As always, walks and physical activity are good.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  9:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  06:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Jim, I'm with you. I have had the vibration in my left foot for years. Now it alternates between both feet. I've also experienced the feeling that my whole body would orgasm a couple of years ago. I can also relate with Shanti's experience of the 'cell-phone' perineal vibration.

Also, my Kundalini Awoke through the power of Faith, via prayer. Anyway, good to hear of your experience:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000