AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Chaney on Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  9:15:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From a book a friend gave me to read, Kundalini and the Third Eye. I'd never heard of this author before, Earlyne Chaney.

β€œTo me, the effort to awaken Kundalini is one of the principal reasons for Earth incarnation, since its awakening brings enlightenment, even momentary wisdom and illumination. But I should not be dogmatic. Perhaps I feel so strongly because I have been fortunate enough to have experienced Kundalini power upraised and active not once but several times during my life, and those moments immersed in the all-consuming Light have been so unforgettable, so soul-stirring, so blissful, I long to have others share such an inward journey into the kingdom. So much so, that when I read or hear of a teacher warning totally against such an awakening, I experience a cosmic sadness, realizing that many, reading and believing, will be turned away from even seeking such a divine potential.”

inspiring...

light and love,

Kathy

Adam West

23 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  10:40:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Adam West's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello there Kathy,

If you enjoyed Earlyne's book, I would suggest you check out her school. She has a complete mystery school composed of the very highest teachings. Encompassing in my opinion, the very most advanced doctrines on esoteric metaphysics and the spiritual sciences. She focuses very heavily on kundalini pranayama, with these teachings being very similar to those of Yogananda. In fact, she personally new him. However, she claims that all her teachings are personally received directly from her personal teacher on the inner planes - Kuthumi – from whom she received telepathic communication over the totality of her life.

I have received all of her teachings and hold them in the highest regard, and do so as an objective observation from years of comparison of similar teachings from many advanced mystics.

In kind regards,

Adam.

Edited by - Adam West on Feb 07 2007 10:45:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  9:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adam. I have enjoyed parts of the book...

She explained a couple of things that have helped me...there were pics of her in the traditional postures for meditation and she described them. It helped because one of those two poses was the one I use and not many people in AYP do, so I didn't feel so different then, compared to everyone else---it is nothing more than the way you hold your hands while you meditate.

Another thing was her description of the locks to keep the spine very straight while meditating...and her comment that if you had a very erect spine, with alignment from the root to the crown, that you would have a deeper meditation. I've noticed that in my case, it is true. I've had a tendency to be slouchy when meditating and when I lock down, and straighten root, back, chin and up, I stay on mantra and have deeper, more profound meditations.

One thing is different for me than her experiences...she experiences the sound current while meditating, but I hear it prior to falling off to sleep....

I really appreciate the 'open', inclusionary, sharing learning that we have in AYP, so I probably won't pursue any mystery school. Right now, AYP is the core of my practice and other things are secondary. I'm deeper in my practice than I have been in a long time, adding more practices now without (knock wood) side-effects. I still read as much as I can in my limited down time from all other sources and take from them the gems I always find within, just as I've done with Earlyne's book. As Yogani says, the guru is within. Others I know say the master is within.. I'll finish her book and read others I happen upon because some of what she has said rings true for me...

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Adam West

23 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  06:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Adam West's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
G'day Kathy,

Sounds very wise to me :-P

In kind regards,

Adam.
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2007 :  6:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nagoyasea,
I was given a very sacred mantra by one of the SRF ministers who came to Holland last year, it is again different: "God is within me and I am within God".
I can't say that is true for more than two seconds per day for me of course, (it relates to the Sundawn and Sunset) but two seconds in the microcosmos last a long time in the macrocosmos.
Love to you,
from Cherokee.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  05:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,
About drawing from other schools... I too, find keeping an erect spine assisting deeper levels of meditation. Making the effort very initially can be somewhat distracting for many, but subsequently becomes an effortless habit; whereas I don't know whether if you start of with a slouch, it would lead to auto-erectness later on, as you grow with your practices.

Wrt the hand postures, AYP's position is that auto-mudras occur. However, I find the bhairavi position most conducive (could also be conditioning from previous practices), and I end up holding that.

When the guru is in you, you've to be alert to, and sensitive to info you might be receiving, isn't it? Always feels good to know when something 'clicks' for someone.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Sadhak, you're right. It's a funny thing. I used to try to mentally 'evaluate' when I was ready to add another practice and then I would add it. With this approach, sometimes I would move too quickly and suffer (literally) the consequences, for example, wicked migraines and then I'd back off.

The past few months something else has happened. I'll either just automatically go into another practice--it just happens naturally as an outgrowth of some other practice and then I continue it, or I'll feel an increasing desire for a given practice and then feel like it is time to add that practice on. This is like your idea of being alert to and sensitive to insights and it has been a smoother progression for my practices, I must say. And with the mind not leading the way, I'm adding practices I never thought I would do.

The past week I've felt this longing for something and I can't shake it, along with a feeling of growing devotion. Am trying not to analyze or think it through but just let it unfold ---

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  2:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I feel it too. The world soul is evolving so quickly.

Edited by - Kyman on Feb 11 2007 2:17:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  2:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second that Kyman things are happening all around us at an alarming rate
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  10:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by azaz932001

I second that Kyman things are happening all around us at an alarming rate

That is nice 'alarming' for a change, Azaz!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  06:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes very nice and very interesting alarming Sadhak everything on the planet (and probably off of it too) seems to be undergoing change. It only makes sense when you see everything as one

Richard
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  9:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's just it Richard....you've described it perfectly...is is as if the change within is reflected without and vice versa...
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2007 :  06:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup that's it Kathy..you cant separate it.....

-is it within?

-is it without?

.......it just is

Edited by - Richard on Feb 13 2007 07:57:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000