Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 fish oil
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  10:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've learned from the author of the soon to be released "Orgasmic Diet" that fish oil is good not only for physical circulation and sexual functioning but also is extremely helpful for kundalini awakening and subtle body functioning.

Fish oil might not be a good supplement to take for everyone... pregnancy (?), blood too thin already, and certain health conditions. Also cod liver oil for somebody already getting lots of sun/lots of vitamin d might be getting too much d. Good to research all that.

Her book has been endorsed by the tantra author, Margot Anand, so that's a good sign.

Anyways, I've been trying just the fish oil part of her diet for about a week and I think I may be seeing a positive effect on my spinal breathing. Seems to have become much easier.

Way too early to speculate and I'll post again about it down the road, but I'm encouraged.

If anyone is interested in test piloting this with me, the dose is 1600mg EPA and 1300mg DHA for a 150lb person.

She says to lay off smoking, caffeine, alcohol, and soy products as well. I'm quite addicted to soy, so I'll just keep eating soy for the time being and see what happens.

Then there's the issue of fish oil vs cod liver oil, capsules or straight up, etc. From past dabblings, I stay away from "flavored" oils and have found that Carlson's regular flavor is the least offensive. One guy suggests doing cod liver oil in the winter and fish oil in the summer to keep a good balance of vitamin D.

The flavor plus I can't be a high horse vegan are the two downsides to fish oil.

If you are interested, check out her book on amazon and let me know if it does anything for you. Apparently, there are short term as well as long term cumulative effects of the diet.

-Yoda

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  11:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've taken it here and there. Can't say I've felt smarter or better, but who knows how dumb and bad I'd have felt without it. I don't find any difference in kundalini energy whatsoever. If I could graph my frequency of K opening (relative to going dormant again), it'd be a straight diagonal line, regardless of lifestyle choices. What matters is consistent AYP practice.

It's real important to find fish oil that's carefully tested for heavy metals, etc, because these sorts of nasty pollutants concentrate in the oil (I worry about all these people gobbling fish oil). After mucho research, I settled on Nordic Naturals omega-3 (or nordic naturals complete omega 3-6-9).

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  11:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find that fish oil helps my mind and mood. I take it regularly.

Yeah, here is the mercury worry. Watch out, in particular, for any fish oil from near Japan. Fish oil from the cold waters, relatively unpolluted waters of the North Atlantic is usually safe. But the best thing of all is to do what Jim said and use only tested fish oil.
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  1:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To be absolutely safe, try plant-source (and mercury-free) DHA : http://www.swansonvitamins.com/weba...1&Ntk=Level1

The problem is that they are a lot more expensive than fish oil. But I prefer spending more than taking mercury regularly-- I've had enough from my mercury fillings already!! Another problem is that the planet source DHA don't seem to contain EPA. Any ideas about mercury-free sources of EPA?

By the way, I'm trying to chelate again recently. After reviewing hundreds of contradicting websites, I prefer using oral or transdermal DMPS. Just can't find where I can get this online (since it's not FDA approved.) I just know it is an over-the-counter drug in Germany. Anyone can help here?

Edited by - Alvin Chan on Jan 26 2007 1:09:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000