Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini Overload??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2023 :  04:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

It's been over 10 years since I last was on this forum and practiced AYP. It's been quite a ride since and perhaps I'll get into those adventures at a later point.

For now, I'd like to address what's concerning me at the moment. I started doing some DM again a few weeks ago, once a day for 10 minutes, progressing to 20 minutes after 2 weeks. By that time, I was experiencing all the fruits of AYP: the emerging of deep inner silence, bliss consciousness, ecstatic conductivity, and an outpouring of divine love.

However, maybe this was all too good to be true so soon. After those 2 weeks of practice, one morning I woke up feeling really "off". I had no sense of balance; my coordination was really off. It felt as if all the energetic experiences I was having somehow overloaded and short-circuited my nervous system. I felt disconnected, at times, internally.

It's been 2 1/2 weeks now, and I am still experiencing these symptoms. I stopped the DM since and have just tried to resume a normal life, so to speak. I'm hoping this will all heal in time, but there hasn't really been much improvement yet. My balance is so off that I ended up spraining both of my ankles and I fear further injury to come as I am a walking hazard to myself these days.

Any advice or suggestions as how to proceed from here? My only thinking as to what may have interfered with the DM is my caffeine and alcohol habits. I have 2 shots of espresso in the morning and maybe 2-3 drinks at night. One of my reasons for getting back into AYP was to try and curb these habits, but perhaps I should have quit beforehand.

Many thanks and much ,
Marcel

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2023 :  6:18:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I’ve also had a couple of instances of feeling off balance/dizzy during very active periods in my practice, usually when there is a lot of ecstatic energy flying everywhere! I have found that scaling back my practices has helped stop this. Sounds silly but I found I was feeling dizzy and lightheaded when I coughed or farted! After reducing my practice I found that these symptoms subsided.
Maybe reduce to 10 mins rather than stop altogether? Also spinal breathing for a few minutes before may help.Also on the subject of stopping drinking I found this happened naturally within two years of DM and without a desire to stop at all, I just had less desire for booze.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2023 :  1:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Drystone. Things are getting somewhat better. One thing is for sure: these practices are powerful and not to be underestimated! I've decided to take some time off all spiritual practices and search for the time being for the first time in over 20 years. Perhaps this is what all this has been leading up to. It seems like I was running into dead-ends, so to speak, in my usual practices. I had been circling back to previous teachers and teachings over the years, which is what led me back to AYP. I have always been overly-sensitive to meditation and the higher energy frequencies. Self-pacing is so crucial, for all of us. I'm sure I'll take up practices and the search later on down the line...

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2023 :  09:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Marcel,

Have you checked with your doctor if the source of your dizziness and lack of balance are not physical in nature? If not, I would suggest you visit your doctor.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2023 :  09:27:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sey,

I'm not dizzy, but rather just off-balance and feeling disconnected internally, from my head throughout my nervous system. I experienced this situation once before in 2016, after practicing Sadhguru's version of Isha Kriya or kriya yoga. After 2 weeks of doing a 10-minute daily practice, the experience of intense ecstasy would arise for hours at a time. This energy was felt throughout my body and also throughout the atmosphere in a unified field of consciousness, so to speak. It was as if the whole of the cosmos had become awake and was pulsating with ecstatic energy. That day, I also lost my coordination and ended up spraining both of my ankles, for the first time.

I did see my doctor shortly thereafter. The only thing he could diagnose was the sprained ankles. My sense of balance had returned the next day. I discontinued the kriya yoga after that. It appears to me that my physical body cannot handle such intense energetic experiences and gets overwhelmed to the point of confusion and imbalance. The only difference is that now the imbalance has persisted for almost 3 weeks, with minimal improvement.

I have since found a Kundalini therapist who is also on this forum. She reached out to me back in 2013 in this post:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...age=2#107915

However, I missed that post, until just recently.

Thanks for the advice,
Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2023 :  05:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You’re probably aware of this particular lesson, but here it is anyway: https://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Welcome back to the forum , too bad the circumstances weren’t better. The reality is you need to lay off all spiritual practices until you feel back to stability, and then slowly start practices again, in minute intervals over a long time, weeks to months, and give self pacing your full attention. You have proven your system is capable of ecstasy but just not that capable (yet) of regulating it. It may be the way you were born or something wrong you did over your years of spiritual pursuits. Today that doesn’t matter, you are here now. If you wish to continue, Marcel, please respect what your body is telling you, on any given day. Slow and steady (when ultra sensitive) is to only way forward from here. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2023 :  07:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Dogboy,

Wow! Thanks for the lesson and your insights and advice. You are spot on! I will do exactly that.

Many thanks and much love,
Marcel

Edited by - Marcel on Jun 25 2023 2:16:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2023 :  11:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For anyone else having some difficulties with Kundalini symptoms, I have found this website particularly helpful:

https://kundalinisymptoms.com/

The book, Healing Kundalini Symptoms, by Tara Springett is very informative and helpful. I have just started reading it and it is a gem!

Much love,
Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  03:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update:

So, it's been a month now since experiencing that possible overload; I'm doing much better. My coordination and balance are gradually returning

I stopped all DM and any further spiritual pursuits. I've been drinking Ashwagandha tea, walking around barefoot a lot, and reading Healing Kundalini Symptoms, mentioned in the previous post. There is one technique in there, Higher-consciousness healing, which I've been experimenting with.

All in all, I'm thankful for this overall experience as it has revealed to me the power and necessity of self-pacing, gotten me back here on the forum, and seems to have opened some new doors in the healing process.

Thanks to all those taking the time to read this.

Marcel
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  08:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2023 :  04:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So happy Marcel! It is worth “listening” to your body and “watching” your thoughts as you chart your way through spiritual waters. Building grounding into your everyday life acts as a stabilizer for all your yoga, especially if you have a conductive body. Welcome back
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000