Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Vibrations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  8:49:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since my Kundalini awoke, I can barely remember a time where I could lay down without feeling the constant surge of energy. I mean, there was a time when this was true, but seems like a lifetime ago. I'm sure this is something that many of us feel.

Anyway, lately, I've noticed a lot more vibrational surges that feel different than the original deep vibrational energy that would ping pong from the base to crown chakra, when I would lay down to go to sleep. And when awake, it was very noticeable at the perennial region which constantly vibrated throughout the day.

Now it seems that the vibrations are becoming more surface oriented, if that makes sense; and often when I lay down the energy will shoot to the crown, like it used to, but won't go back to the base, but will stay there and vibrate the body - particularly the skin surface. This is happening a lot more often, as if the energy is working it's way from the inside out and as if there is a stronger connection from the base to the crown.

I've also noticed a profound heat that rises to the heart center intermittently throughout the day. Has anyone else felt this?

Thank you:

VIL

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  9:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL
And when awake, it was very noticeable at the perennial region which constantly vibrated throughout the day.

Yep... feels like you are sitting on a cell phone ringing in the vibrate mode eh?
quote:
Originally posted by VIL
I've also noticed a profound heat that rises to the heart center intermittently throughout the day. Has anyone else felt this?

Yes, went through that for awhile.. still feel my heart warm up every now and then.. like someone is sending love my way.. however the energy surges that I felt as heat for awhile has now turned into minty cold energy.. and there are times during the day it makes me shiver to the bones... This increases a lot during my practice and healing sessions.
Well, I am sure you already know this is all purification. and changes with time. Just wish this cold energy was with me during summer and the heat energy was with me now.. he he...
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  9:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yep... feels like you are sitting on a cell phone ringing in the vibrate mode eh?

LOL: If I knew what that felt like: Then I'd say, most definitely yes: LOL, although, that aspect isn't nearly as profound anymore:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 09 2007 9:37:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  02:07:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL!

Great topic!

I remember having similar experiences as first, too. I'd lay in bed wide awake, unable to sleep, with waves of energy streaming through my body, along with intense shooting electrical discharges to the Crown Chakra and to the fingers and toes, accompanied by an incredible amount of heat and vibrations everywhere. So I'd get out of bed to train some more, or work on writing projects and other agenda priorities that I often didn't find enough time for during the work day.

This was the beginning of requiring less and less sleep each night. Since then, I have rarely slept more than 3-5 hours per night, if I sleep at all, for more than 30 years time. I seem to get more energy recharge from an hour of meditation than I used to get from several hours of sleeping. Add Pranayama, Mantra Japa, Hatha Asanas, Kirtan, Bhakti Devotions, and other components of my daily practice to the blend for a Super-Charged Sadhana!

Initially, these sensations and experiences were uncomfortable, and sometimes even frightening in their physical intensity, as well as spiritually and psychically frightening due to an ever increasing consciousness of and sensitivity to the 'unseen factors' of life. I had to exert considerable, regular efforts towards grounding the energy more effectively in order to feel more comfortable with it.

Additionally, my Guru taught me how to mentally install what might be best described as an energy 'dimmer switch control', which enables the outgoing volume of energy to be 'turned down' or held in reserve in situations where it may feel a bit too intense or intimidating to others. Conversely, it also provides the capability to increase or 'turn up' the outgoing energy volume when needed.

Between the improved 'grounding' and the energy 'dimmer switch control', I also eventually eliminated the problem of giving strong electrical shocks to other people when touching them physically, or shocking myself when touching metal objects or electronic devices, and so forth. When asked by those who received these unintended, accidental electrical discharges from me..."What the hell was that?"...I always simply explained that it's just my 'magnetic personality' coming out! LOL

And so, calling to mind the lyrics of an old 1960's Beach Boys song..."Gotta keep those lovin', good vibrations happenin'..."

Hari OM!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Jan 10 2007 05:10:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  08:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing your experience Doc, along with Shanti.

That's what it feels like, Doc, as if my sleep time has drastically decreased also. It's also funny that you should mention that meditation seems to some how sort of recharge the body, whereas addt'l sleep normally would have. And Shanti, I can also relate with the cold sensations in the back area, almost like a cool pricking feeling. Is that how it started with you?

I also wonder if there is any correlation between the process of a part of the body falling asleep, since that's what it feels like at different times, and waking spiritually. I dunno, I will have to do more research on that.

Oh, I have to laugh about the electrical shocks thing, Doc, since I can't tell you the amount of light bulbs that I've blown out. Of course, this is subject to reason and the possibility exists that the bulbs were ready to go out in the first place - and maybe you should have mentioned that you were standing on a shag carpet when you shocked all those people. LOL: That was a joke.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences since it does help:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 10 2007 08:19:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  09:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

I can also relate with the cold sensations in the back area, almost like a cool pricking feeling. Is that how it started with you?

I also wonder if there is any correlation between the process of a part of the body falling asleep, since that's what it feels like at different times, and waking spiritually. I dunno, I will have to do more research on that.

Oh, I have to laugh about the electrical shocks thing, Doc, since I can't tell you the amount of light bulbs that I've blown out. Of course, this is subject to reason and the possibility exists that the bulbs were ready to go out in the first place - and maybe you should have mentioned that you were standing on a shag carpet when you shocked all those people. LOL: That was a joke.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experiences since it does help:

VIL

Hi VIL.. yes now that you mention it.. I remember parts of my back would get numb.. like its fallen asleep.. pins and needles kinda feeling.. I generally put it all down as purification.. its just so much easier than trying to figure out what and why... However if you do find out more, please do let me know.
The stuff about electricity and light bulbs reminds me of a post by Katrine.. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1098#6536
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  11:24:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL:

"Oh, I have to laugh about the electrical shocks thing, Doc, since I can't tell you the amount of light bulbs that I've blown out. Of course, this is subject to reason and the possibility exists that the bulbs were ready to go out in the first place..."

Namaste VIL!

Well, on the basis of my personal experiences, I'd have to say that your thing with the light bulbs probably wasn't a coincidence.

And I also believe that the sensations of Coldness, Numbness, and Prickly Tingling is due to the initial Consolidation, Compression, and Storage of Prana as the Nadis are opened and cleansed of all impurities and obstructions. Once this process is sufficiently underway towards completion, the awakened Kundalini Shakti is then free to move through the Nadis and Chakras of the internal system unimpeded.

As that takes place, physical sensations of Heat, Vibration, and Electrical Nerve Currents, along with mental manifestations of Light, Color, Geometric Shapes, Energy Grids, Spiritual Visions and Sounds, and so forth, will also commence in a Sadhaka's Consciousness as validation of the awakened movement of the Kundalini Shakti.

This is just the personal opinion of an old Yogi. It may be different for others since the energy is unlimited in the scope of its manifestation and expression from one person to another.

http://www.ashram.com.au/blessings.jpg

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  12:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Shanti: Hi VIL.. yes now that you mention it.. I remember parts of my back would get numb.. like its fallen asleep.. pins and needles kinda feeling.. I generally put it all down as purification.. its just so much easier than trying to figure out what and why... However if you do find out more, please do let me know.

Thanks for the link, Shanti:

Yes, that's what it feels like, exactly. As if the body is falling asleep and yet another body is more alert and I'm sure this has something to do with waking from allegorical sleep. Since the pins and needles feeling feels exactly like the sensation, when a body part is wakening after sleep. Except there is muscle control with this process. I will definitely let you know more, as I learn more. But I remember reading an article a while back on the process of enlightenment and that a Yogi Master's Prana is located within his head and the rest of his body is cold. So, your experience makes sense, Shanti.

quote:
Doc: And I also believe that the sensations of Coldness, Numbness, and Prickly Tingling is due to the initial Consolidation, Compression, and Storage of Prana as the Nadis are opened and cleansed of all impurities and obstructions. Once this process is sufficiently underway towards completion, the awakened Kundalini Shakti is then free to move through the Nadis and Chakras of the internal system unimpeded.

As that takes place, physical sensations of Heat, Vibration, and Electrical Nerve Currents, along with mental manifestations of Light, Color, Geometric Shapes, Energy Grids, Spiritual Visions and Sounds, and so forth, will also commence in a Sadhaka's Consciousness as validation of the awakened movement of the Kundalini Shakti.

Wow, great explanation Doc, truly. If I could ask, could your elucidate on this topic a little more. From whatever perspective that you would like. If you have a possible website, that would be great too. If not, no biggie.

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 10 2007 12:57:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi VIL & All,

I don't have a lot to add, other than to say "me, too" (I've experienced similar kundalini effects to the ones being discussed in this thread, including electrically-related things).

And, to share this related link --- good article -- http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...htningEffect

(Good site, too -- I don't agree with everything said, or every aspect of Jana's outlook (Jana Dixon - BOK site creator) -- but she's lived through a major kundalini awakening herself -- and clearly knows a lot about kundalini and related biology - so, anyone interested in the general topic of this thread may want to spend some time on the BOK site.

(And yes, links to BOK have been provided before -- I mostly wanted to point people to the specific article related to "bio-electricity" stuff -- and to mention the BOK site in general, for anyone who may be unfamiliar with it.)

Hope you find the article interesting / helpful.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  10:56:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Kirtman, "me too" is good enough for me and I appreciate your post and link, even though I read it a while back it doesn't hurt to reread something, since we can usually glean more understanding the second time around.

Thanks again:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  12:36:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello VIL and All:

The primary focal point of Spiritual Self-Realization, in my view, is ultimately the Self-Cultivation and Transformation of Consciousness. This may seem to be stating the obvious, yet getting to that focal point...and staying focused there...is oftentimes quite challenging. This is often especially true for novices, who new to the training practices. Stumbling blocks may seem to be everywhere!

Not the least of these stumbling blocks is the condition of the physical body at the commencement of the training. So long as the physical body remains unhealthy and unfit, a Sadhaka's overall physical condition can be a great impediment to the spiritual process by serving as a source of mental distraction and energy depletion which demands almost constant attention. This is often a major reason why many new practitioners fall away from their Sadhana, IMO.

For example, seated meditation is too difficult, even for short periods of time, due to lack of sufficent physical flexibility to comfortably assume and maintain the seated asanas usually recommended for the practice. Ditto for Hatha Yoga routines...it hurts! Pranayama feels too difficult because of respiratory allergies, past or present cigarette smoking, or because of high levels of air pollution or chemical toxins in the practitioner's living or work environment. Dietary modifications are seen as undesirable, even though certain foods might be a cause of current health problems....so forget making those changes, and so forth. The list of physical impediments to establishing and consistently maintaining a self-disciplined Sadhana, and the list of excuses for not resolving these apparent impediments, goes on and on and on...ad infinitum et nauseum!

So virtually everyone initially requires some amount of chemical detoxification, blood purification, internal organ cleansing, and physiological strengthening, as well as a certain amount of stretching and loosening in order to free the mind of distraction regarding the physical body and its various functions. Hatha Yoga wisely incorporates highly effective, time proven techniques intended specifically for these purposes.

Cleansing and purification are also needed to open the Nadis and Chakras, and to refine, consolidate, compress, and store the Prana internally, and to gradually awaken and circulate the Kundalini Shakti. This intrinsic energy purification and cleansing, however, would appear to be more directly related to the real agenda priority of Cultivating and Transforming Consciousness than is the physical purification. Here we are addressing energetic refinement, rather than athletic conditioning and physiology. As such, mental modifications are the top priority. Whatever methods or tools that can be employed to get rid of that "stinkin' thinkin'..." and to eliminate 'toxic' thoughts and emotions, will refine the Prana and liberate the Kundalini, IMO.

Perhaps some more thoughts on this later, as I am off and away now to heal the sick and injured, and to raise the damned near dead back to life!

Hari OM!

Doc
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  1:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Doc, I appreciate your post!

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000