AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Static in body
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  06:19:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Pranam everyone!

I get lots of static charges accumulated on my hands, mostly right. Sometimes I can see(esp in night) spark while opening door/car. It hurts. I see few people discussing it in the forum, but not sure, if they are discussing the static thing only - and hence I opened this thread. It is well in May and I am in North-East (New York/New Jersey) - I find it unusual. Has it got anything to do with my practices?

In pursuit,
A.

P.S. Shanti, I am unable to stop Shambhavi Mudra, it just happens whenever I am free. For rest of the process(es), I am coming AYP way.

Edited by - aditya on May 27 2006 09:53:03 AM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  07:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya

I have been "static" for years. Doorhandles, cars, other peoples hands, cheeks (hugging).....you name it. Sometimes I "do things" with electronic equipment too. Sometimes I'll turn my PC off - and on my way out of the office, it will suddenly turn itself on again. Once it did this three times in a row. (What the heck?). I go through times when none of my credit cards work when I use them. The people working in the shops I go to laugh at me.....it works fine when I let them pull the cards for me.

I once went to a homeopath down south in Norway. When I walked in his door both lights in the roof started blinking as if there was lightening going on (the sun was shining outside). He just smiled, looked at me, and said: "Oh. You're one of those.....". He wouldn't elaborate....just said that one day I would find out.

I still don't know...

This year - things have calmed down, though. I am certain it has to do with my spiritual process - but not the "hows" and "whats" of it.

Anyone?

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  2:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya,
I am glad you have decided to go from the beginning. I am sure you will not regret it.
As for Shambhavi Mudra..When I started I was very comfortable with mulbandha and Sambhavai. I did not give that up either. I think you will be fine. If it come naturally.. just stay with it. During meditation though.. don't force it.. it can be distracting. Remember, during meditation you don't want to do anything that will take your mind off the mantra. I stuck to sambhavi during meditation for almost 6 months.. but once I dropped it.. it was one less distraction...

The sparks. I have felt that too.. I tend to touch the car doors lightly before I put my hand on it.. just to ground the static. Yep, I know what you mean by it hurts.. I never really thought it was anything but the dry air that caused it though. Could be a build up of energy that is causing it. Well, maybe doing spinal breathing and meditation will reduce this excess energy.. you know even it out.. Spinal breathing has a way of doing that.. I am just guessing here.. Sorry could not be of more help. Like Katrine said, her energy has reduced with her practice.. maybe it will work for you too.
-Shanti
Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  4:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Shanti for your guidance and wisdom! Here are two issues which sort of bother me - please address it if you can: (as these are two things which I am doing currently):

I fee cold wave on my forehead while doing Antah Tratak or Shambhavi Mudra(I automatically get a feel between eyebrows when I am not interacting with people/eating drinking etc). I have read you get hot sensation on forehead if you do - am I doing something wrong?

I get some tingling sensation in my spine with spinal breathing. I don't know if it is hot/cold, but for sure, it is like a charge running up and down - it shakes me sometimes. Is this prana? Is this what some people feel as heat and cold? How long will it take till I feel it hot/cold?
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  5:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya,
Wisdom I have none.. all I tell you is from the lessons and discussion here on the forum.. Have fun.. don't get too serious about it. Hot or cold in the third eye.. no big deal.. if you feel something.. its more than what a lot of others feel.. don't even think about it. Its all just purification.. today cold, tomorrow hot.. day after you may not feel anything. Out here in AYP we call it "All part of the Scenery".. enjoy it.. but don't get hung up on it.. these feelings are not your destination.

Same goes with spinal breathing.. if you are already feeling energy move up your spine.. that's awesome.. does it mean you will feel the same tomorrow.. maybe... maybe not.. don't worry about it.. just do your core practices.. enjoy them.. don't expect anything.. nothing.. don't sit thinking you are going to feel a thing... In reality all these feeling are distractions.. so just do your 10 min spinal breathing, followed by 20 min meditation. You feel anything during spinal breathing.. let it be there.. just go back to doing the practice.. you feel your third eye.. its there, good.. just continue with your practice..

The problem with AYP is that it is so simple that we feel like nothing is happening.. and we try to complicate it by thinking this and that.. just let it all go.. sit for your practice with absolutely no expectations.. sit there like you..(sorry Jim cannot think of a better example than this).. are going to brush your teeth.. do you think about it every morning.. you just do it.. same way with your practice.. don't think, don't analyze, don't complicate.. just do it...

Lesson#94 talks about purification.. go through it.. maybe that will help
http://www.aypsite.org/94.html
Also lesson#69 is good to keep in mind as you move along
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

Just have fun Aditya.. don't try to force anything... the more you relax into it.. the faster you will move.
-Shanti.

PS: If it helps.. there are times I feel a cool breeze on my forehead.. don't know what it is.. and truthfully don't want to know what it is.
I have been doing spinal breathing for a year now.. and these days, some days, if I am thinking about it.. I feel the hot and cold.. but as I said, I try not to think about it.

PPS: When I say have fun.. I mean enjoy your practice.. dont get caught up in the scenery.. NOT.. do your practice when you feel like it.. that has to be twice a day... 10 min Spinal breathing + 20 min meditation (and whatever else you may add later down the line).

Edited by - Shanti on May 03 2006 7:52:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 03 2006 :  9:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aditya,
Couple of things I am going to add. You are welcome to share your experiences with us.. that is what we do here, share experiences, ideas, view... All I meant by my above post was, don't get caught up in these experiences, don't expect to feel or see anything anyone else sees or feels.. something you will soon learn is no two people have the exact same experience. So don't get bent out of shape if you don't see a Star, or see lights, or feel your chakras. You will have your own experiences as your nervous systems opens up... and we would love to hear about it.

The second is.. if you do continue with sambhavi.. please read up on the lesson.. don't want to you learn anything wrong and then spend days trying to unlearn it..
http://www.aypsite.org/56.html
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 27 2006 :  11:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti
it there like you..(sorry Jim cannot think of a better example than this).. are going to brush your teeth.

Thanks for the shout-out, Shanti, but I think the metaphor of letting a barber cut your hair is better. Even less "doing". Let the cosmic barber do his/her trim.

Aditya, see this posting:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1177

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by aditya

I get lots of static charges accumulated on my hands, mostly right. Sometimes I can see(esp in night) spark while opening door/car. It hurts. I see few people discussing it in the forum, but not sure, if they are discussing the static thing only - and hence I opened this thread. It is well in May and I am in North-East (New York/New Jersey) - I find it unusual. Has it got anything to do with my practices?

I'm getting this static thing a lot with people nowadays.
family n friends are very conscious coming close to me or touching me.
good to know it's common.

Edited by - Delara on May 23 2011 11:52:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000