Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 hi new here...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mnm

India
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  04:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. I am in search of God or divine and i have landed here. :)

I think its one of the right place.

I am a practicing catholic and from India. So i read saints and gurus both and they make me feel at home. i have only read and never practiced anything much.

I want to start with meditation can anybody help me with where to begin? i have read about it a lot but couldn't really finalize on one which what i want. ( i really do have a monkey mind)

When i begin i have doubts if this is the path for me etc. :)

But i am more attracted to devotion to divine. mother mary( from childhood) and instances of mother kali in auto-biographies of yogis(paramahamsa, paramananda and others) have thrilled me.

Can anyone help me here?

Thank you so much

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  06:32:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear mnm,

Welcome to the forums.You can start right here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Lessons 10, 11, 12 and 13 will kick-start you in the right direction.

Good luck

Sey
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  08:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Your desire will carry you to the goal. Enjoy every step in the journey.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  09:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome mnm!
All the best on your path
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome mnm! I would say, listen to your heart: it is telling you something important about your attraction towards devotion, so use that message as a pointer leading you in a direction in line with your needs and wishes. All the best.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  11:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to to the forum, mnm!

Sey has already pointed the lessons that will help you start on this path.
After enough purification of the nervous system- one chant, one prayer, a flower, the word God, I am That will send you in Ecstasy.

Enjoy your journey.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 15 2016 11:08:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  12:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I want to start with meditation can anybody help me with where to begin? i have read about it a lot but couldn't really finalize on one which what i want. ( i really do have a monkey mind)

In this age we are bred monkey minded, so do not let this detour you. To quiet things takes practice and repetition, you notice and hold a thought, then dismiss it and return to the mantra, over and over, no judgement, no anxiety. It really doesn't take too many sessions to observe that thoughts thin out, and a new quiet-normal becomes established.

I too was raised Catholic. Although I have fallen away from the church (I live in my church) the mysteries and miracles still fire spiritual devotion, "Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000